Author Topic: Hello and need help please.  (Read 20517 times)

Offline Melody

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Re: Hello and need help please.
« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2015, 02:02:12 PM »
Thank you both! Hi Mindie!!!

I am definitely looking to do Zam Wesell. And will keep the links for Twi'lek. As I will do here later on in the near future.  :D
« Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 04:11:25 PM by Melody »
Melody
Saber the moment

Offline Lidocaine

« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2015, 02:54:08 PM »
If you're thinking of Zam, one place to start would be The Dented Helmet:

http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/zam-wesell-costume/

Luke - BH/TB/TK-44228

Offline Melody

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2015, 03:41:44 PM »
Thank you!!!!!! totally want to do Zam. I think I may have found someone to hire to make it. Hopefully... not sure of price yet. If not, then anyone here who could sew please I need your help.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 09:22:32 AM by Melody »
Melody
Saber the moment

Offline carpe mindiem

« Reply #33 on: July 13, 2015, 04:35:47 PM »
Oh, please make Zam! I tried to make her for years before I gave up and sold off the incomplete costume. Good news is that the sewing of the fabric (acquired separately) to make the undersuit only cost about $120, but I was over $3,000 and 150 hours into it by the time I sold it though. Dented Helmet is the best resource for all things Zam. I have tons of links saved about her, too, so let me know when you dig into it.

Offline Melody

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: July 13, 2015, 08:53:11 PM »
Thanks Mindie I'm definitely doing Zam. I have two costumers who sew that are talking to me about making it and pricing.  I will take the best price of course since they are both doing this for over 10 yrs. and good. I'm excited! And I'm digging in at the end of this month when I get paid.  :D
Melody
Saber the moment

Offline Melody

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: July 14, 2015, 11:39:29 AM »
Ok I have help!!! Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! my Zam Wesell costume will be done in a month( by end of next month anyway and will take a week to ship). I will keep you all up on progress by weekly. Umm, is it ok to show progress here or should I post my progress somewhere else? Then I hope to become a member as soon as I get it!  :D  :D  :D  well, as soon as possible.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 03:45:48 PM by Melody »
Melody
Saber the moment

Offline Blue Leader

• Rebel Legion member
  • Ace Pilot
    • Blue Leader's Universe
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: July 14, 2015, 04:25:30 PM »
You would probably want to post your costume progress here...
http://www.cloudcitygarrison.com/forum/index.php?board=9.0

Congrats on finding someone to make the costume. I'm sure the armor and helmet aren't easy!
B-wing Pilot - Jedi[/center]

Offline Melody

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: July 14, 2015, 06:09:56 PM »
Thank you so much! I will post progress there. I will be getting weekly progress reports so I'll share it as I get it.  I'm super Stoked!!!! She is a cosplayer and has been doing cosplays for over 10 yrs and making costumes. She wants to tackle this one and is super excited to make it for me. She is making commission of course and it's so worth it to me because I cannot sew. She wants to make the whole thing from hat to boots! I feel very Blessed to have found her. She sounds pretty confident to be able to make it and wants me to be sure I love it. I will probably hire her for more costumes and I bet she can do my Satele Shan outfit as well. Halloween night I'll be in Disneyland for Mickey's party and there the whole weekend. I will be wearing my Zam Wesell costume for that! super excited!!!! Yay!!!!  :D Oh shoot (no pun intended), I need to find someone who can make her pistol. It looks super easy. I think I might try to figure that one out.  :lol:
Melody
Saber the moment

Offline darthbarber

« Reply #38 on: July 15, 2015, 01:57:28 PM »
It would be cool to see Zam at RCCC in September!
5150!!!

Offline Melody

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: July 15, 2015, 02:07:07 PM »
Thank you!!!! hope to make it there. I'm going on a long trip Sept. 12th for my commencement of my bachelor degree so not sure. I hope so though! Anyone from Crescent City going? maybe I can hop a ride.  :D
« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 03:44:03 PM by Melody »
Melody
Saber the moment

Offline JupiterThunderbolt

• Kashyyyk Base Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: July 15, 2015, 03:28:07 PM »
Super jealous!!! Zam is on the long list of costumes I want to make someday!
Morgan
X-Wing pilot

Offline Melody

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: July 15, 2015, 03:33:19 PM »
Awww you'll get Zam soon. I also want to be an x wing pilot one day. I have a long list as well. Can't wait to meet you guys! :)
« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 03:39:27 PM by Melody »
Melody
Saber the moment

Offline Mosi

« Reply #42 on: July 15, 2015, 05:36:25 PM »
Awesome news! Where are you getting all of the parts from? The reason I ask is because it took us around 8 months for all of the parts makers to get us everything, and Zam has a TON of small and highly detailed parts/greeblies. Hopefully someone out there is supplying them a lot faster so you can get up and running soon!
pew pew

Offline Melody

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: July 15, 2015, 06:08:27 PM »
I'm not sure yet. She is a cosplayer and seems to think we can get this done in a month. She went to the fabric store in her town today to start on the suit part. Hopefully she has some good ideas for the rest of it. She knows how to make things look like leather and other costume tricks.  :D
Melody
Saber the moment

Offline Mosi

« Reply #44 on: July 15, 2015, 07:34:03 PM »
I'm not sure yet. She is a cosplayer and seems to think we can get this done in a month. She went to the fabric store in her town today to start on the suit part. Hopefully she has some good ideas for the rest of it. She knows how to make things look like leather and other costume tricks.  :D

She's doing it from head to toe except the blaster? I'm really not trying to take the wind out of your sails, but due to the amount of detail, Zam has to be one of the top 5 most difficult costumes to make. If she's hasn't been spending boat loads of time doing research and trying to source parts that can't be made easily, then her estimate of a month is going to be way off, or it will end up not being good enough for approval. Proceed with caution and start a WIP so we can make sure she's on the right track. The worst thing is to spend a bunch of money and not get something approved.

In the mean time, if you want to troop sooner than later, then I would suggest an Imperial crew costume since you can get everything pretty quickly and it doesn't cost an arm and two legs.
pew pew

Tags: