Author Topic: Hello and need help please.  (Read 20573 times)

Offline Melody

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Re: Hello and need help please.
« Reply #45 on: July 15, 2015, 10:00:16 PM »
Thank you so much for the info. I gave her 501st link to Zam Wesell of how the costume had to be. I never asked her to do the blaster pistol because I was more concerned with the costume. Now I think I just feel discouraged. I appreciate the help and concern but feel maybe this group isn't for me. I had a rough night from neighbors drama and I need to think on this.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2015, 08:40:29 AM by Melody »
Melody
Saber the moment

Offline carpe mindiem

« Reply #46 on: July 15, 2015, 10:22:51 PM »
Hey, now. Don't get discouraged before you even start.

Zam is a super hard costume to do with tons of intricate parts. We just don't want to see you sink your money into something that you can't use to become part of the 501st. Considering the cost of building a Zam on your own is somewhere north of $3,000-$3,500, I have to imagine that having someone build it for you to 501st specs--especially as quickly as in a month--would cost at least $6,000-$7,000, if not more. If she's doing it much cheaper than that, I'd just be very attentive to whether it will be 501st approvable. If she's an experienced 501st costumer, she knows that drill already.

Different people go about this different ways. Sometimes they have a specific costume that they want to do no matter what, and they take all the time they need (sometimes years--literally) to build it. Other people just want to get involved quickly, so they opt for a pilot or jedi or something that's mostly soft parts to start out. Once you're exposed to more costuming stuff and people here with all their skills, you'll learn more about how to build things, when it's better to do it yourself, when it's better to pay someone else to do it, etc. Once you've been through an approval process, you'll be more familiar with how that whole process works and how important the CRLs are.

This hobby is a huge learning process, and that part of it is a lot of fun. You just have to figure out what works best for you!

Offline Melody

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: July 18, 2015, 09:04:02 AM »
Ok... Thank you Mindie! Big Hugs to you both! I appreciate you explaining. I think that evening due to the stress I felt with other situations, I took things a little harsher than I normally would. I apologize. I appreciate you guys for looking out for me especially as a newbie! I love you guys already!  :D ...My costumer seamstress has some of the parts of Zam and said she is confident she can finish it up in a month (maybe a touch longer) but she's shooting for a month since she has some of the stuff already and she knows the importance to me of paying that kind of money out and being accepted with 501st and CCG. But in the meantime, just in case it is going to take longer I am putting together a Juno Eclipse costume!!! I got the idea from one of your members who I consider a new friend of mine through our talks. And I am stunned I didn't think of Juno! because Juno is Awesome! lol...maybe I didn't think of her because she's blonde and I'm dark hair but wigs can change that! so I think that will be easier and I am pretty confident I can put that costume together (or have someone help me  :D) much easier than Zam. I'm still going to be Zam in the future but can't wait to be Juno! I really truly can't wait to be with all of you helping children and being a part of something I love with people who share that same love.
Melody
Saber the moment

Offline Mosi

« Reply #48 on: July 18, 2015, 11:17:16 AM »
Good idea with Juno! Also, FYI for the future.... I do all the Padme arena costume accessories (everything but the pants, top, and cape) if you're interested. Your seamstress could knock the parts I don't do pretty easily. http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=31541&start=0   

pew pew

Offline Melody

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: July 18, 2015, 11:41:01 AM »
Awesome Marc!!!! Thank you so much! I am thinking of Padme as well in the future.  :D I will definitely be interested in the accessories when I start on her costume. Thank you sooooo much!!!!  :D I appreciate that!
Melody
Saber the moment

Offline Melody

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: July 19, 2015, 08:59:50 AM »
So I'm wondering if I may ask where to find those backless gloves for Juno Eclipse? does anyone know? I have been searching online and I find some close to but they have holes on the knuckles which is not what she wears, and I know those exact pair that 501st shows is out there. Just can't seem to find them. If anyone knows a link or something for me to go to I'd be so appreciative. I'm trying to put my Juno Eclipse outfit together.  :D :D :D
Melody
Saber the moment

Offline Capt Needle

• Cloud City Reserve
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: July 19, 2015, 01:09:11 PM »
Most find gloves that are similar like the ones you mention and cut out the section.

Offline Melody

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: July 31, 2015, 06:43:18 PM »
Just wondering if these gloves would pass for Juno Eclipse?

[attachment deleted by admin]
Melody
Saber the moment

Offline Leia8674

« Reply #53 on: July 31, 2015, 09:56:21 PM »
I believe they will be close - but the whole is not wide enough....
these are for the RL side
https://www.flickr.com/photos/63608960@N08/sets/72157635547016935
Macy

Offline Melody

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: August 01, 2015, 09:30:25 AM »
Thank you! I'll keep looking then...
Melody
Saber the moment

Offline Melody

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: August 02, 2015, 11:49:47 AM »
Ok call it chemo brain going back and forth, but Juno is coming along well. I still want to do Barris Offee though... I'm just waiting on my seamstress for the jacket, but I have most of the rest of it. Just got my Imperial hat. Whoo hoo! Can't wait to show the outfit soon. One thing, any suggestions on where to find a wig like Juno's hair?
« Last Edit: August 07, 2015, 09:51:46 AM by Melody »
Melody
Saber the moment

Offline Melody

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: August 14, 2015, 10:18:35 AM »
Hi Everyone did you miss me? hehe...just kidding. So I found a really good costume to do in hopes of becoming a permanent member with you all. Are there any Sheltay Retracs in the house? I can pull her off perfectly with my long dark hair. My seamstress can make the dress and cape very easily. And I'm going to try to make her head band which looks pretty easy. I'm just wondering if there are anymore Sheltays?  :D

I'm halfway done with Juno but with my dark hair I found Sheltay is easy to make and less expensive.
Melody
Saber the moment

Offline carpe mindiem

« Reply #57 on: August 14, 2015, 11:24:42 AM »
Nope, no Sheltays here. I've never even heard of that character and have no idea who it is.  :grin:

So you have an in-progress Zam, in-progress Juno, in-progress Barris, and now Sheltay? You need to start WIP (work in progress) threads for each and post some pics of these, girl!

Offline Melody

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: August 14, 2015, 12:13:50 PM »
Hi Mindie!
Yay! and I can't find anything about costume requirements for Sheltay here but it's pretty simple. I'm adding a pic of her. Sheltay Retrac was a human from Alderaan. She was at the end of Clone Wars when she was an aid to Bail Organa and also did another secret mission with Padme Amidila to obtain proof that senator Bezz Drexx was taking bribes from the confederacy of independant systems frpm a seperatist leader. When the Emperor sent his dreaded second-in-command Darth Vader to investigate the presence of Fang Zar on Alderaan, Sheltay Retrac was tasked with getting the Queen to safety. She married an artist from the castle lands of Alderaan and they had a baby named Winter. She was in Star Wars episode III Revenge of the sith. Retrac had a close bond with the Senator Organa. Sheltay Retrac was a slender, light-skinned woman with brown eyes. She had dark hair that she kept long following an Alderaanian custom.While serving Bail Organa at the end of the Clone Wars, she wore a tight-fitting white dress that revealed her shoulders and the color of which symbolized her belonging the Alderaanian ambassadorial community. Although she belonged to a fundamentally pacifist people, Sheltay Retrac was trained in combat and carried a hold-out blaster. That's her in a nutshell. I attached a pic of her.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Melody
Saber the moment

Offline Melody

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: August 14, 2015, 12:19:09 PM »
I will be excited to be the first Sheltay! Yay.... :D :D :D
Melody
Saber the moment