Author Topic: Gideon Hask Inferno Squadron WIP  (Read 4312 times)

Offline Dax Corrin

Re: Gideon Hask Inferno Squadron WIP
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2019, 07:25:05 AM »
Getting there, no progress on bandoleer except plastic pieces sprayed with gloss clear, they look good. Hope the neck can be reduced easily on the flight suit.
TI/IC/IG/IN-12485 Dax Corrin
Founder, NorthWest Quadrant Battery

Offline Dax Corrin

« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2019, 06:38:57 AM »
Horrible weekend, did no painting, but fitted some more foam into my helmet, now tracks on my head like it should.

Offline Dax Corrin

« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2019, 04:41:22 PM »
Trying to set up a roadie to Portland for Saturday to address the flight suit, pick up the TIE box to finish, get some bridging plastic for my armor as Gideon needs it and visit Brian P to work on the bandoleer and pick up a couple of Imperial Disks. Getting a bit closer on this build. In going over the CRL, the helmet requires disks with no notch, and mine has notches, Fortunately, I need at least 1 notched disk for my Admiral Versio build, so there you go.

Offline Dax Corrin

« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2019, 12:12:19 PM »
 I'm going with a Radu Inferno TIE box, 3D printed will take too long to finish so will make it into a regular TIE box at my leisure. It should be shipping in the next couple of days. Working with Brian P for bandolier bits, will attempt to not screw it up. It's all I need for basic approval is the Bandolier, the TIE box is not necessary but I wants it.
Got my armor painted, and Radu is sending me a set of his straps along with the TIE box. We'll see how they mesh. Hopefully I can get approved before the 4th of July and I can take my Gideon with me to SoCal to troop in July.

Offline Dax Corrin

« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2019, 09:12:25 AM »
 Radu TIE box and armor straps will be picked up Monday. Working on making bridging armor pieces and wedges for the straps I have, but will see how Radu's straps integrate with Chris J armor.
Heated plastic in boiling water, and curved it over a 5 gallon bucket to make the bridging armor fit my torso. TY for the tip, Chris J.
I have all the pieces to make a basic bandoleer if I don't muck it up. TY to Brian P for his advice and some scrap leather I will try not to butcher.

Lori E took these photos, and only later did we realize the zipper cover piece was not properly placed. Oops. Not official approval photos so no big deal. I think I will find a way to permanently attach it on the left side so it can't happen again.
Close-up photos have been submitted for certain parts, IE comm-pad to see if they meet current specs on the JRS forum build thread.
Somehow a rogue image snuck into the Gideon photos, bur Iden's dad approves of the work so far.  :wink:
https://imgur.com/a/6wzDi2G
just a couple from the post on Imgur:

Offline Dax Corrin

« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2019, 09:54:25 AM »
After padding “Ambu-Man” enough to replicate my girth, beginning making my bridging armor. I am making it 2 layer but need to curve both pieces a bit more for the right side and glue them together. Once that is completed work on bandolier will commence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Dax Corrin

« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2019, 09:27:17 AM »
After overcoming my fear of heating up plastic, I have made more progress on my bridging armor. A paint mishap means that I have to wait for it to thoroughly cure, then re-sand and paint one of them again. Had to make several minor re-heat and bend tries to get all the pieces curved right so all the Velcro that will hold them in comes together nicely both front and back.  Still need to make progress on bandoleer. Not going to make much progress in the next few weeks going to go play in SoCal.

Offline Dax Corrin

« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2019, 10:34:23 AM »
I have my bridging armor 99% complete. I'll get more industrial Velcro in black to attach, and a bit more trimming. Now for the Ammo belt.
1st image finally made 2 pieces big enough to cover me "girth"  Ambu-Andy is much skinnier than I.
Tiny bit more trimming to do at the front, and touch up paint to cover the little bit of white still showing.
Inferno Squad Gideon Hask closer. Now that I have a good sized armor set I can make the ammo belt.

Admiral Garrick Versio approves of this message.

Tags: