Author Topic: Gideon Hask Inferno Squadron WIP  (Read 4315 times)

Offline Dax Corrin

Gideon Hask Inferno Squadron WIP
« on: December 26, 2018, 10:44:45 AM »
 After pondering a classic X-wing pilot "Red Leader", but resisting as I am having trouble bringing myself to portray "Rebel Scum"  *wink* I decided to get my pilot on with an Inferno Squadron pilot.
 I have the flight suit ordered from Danny in Nomex, and will set up a time to get it fitted after the first of the year.
 Next is the helmet, armor and chestbox. Have yet to decide which vendor I will pick but leaning towards WTF at this point.

Boots and gloves are different than the classic Imperial gear so looking into them as well.

Gideon Hask looks like the least complicated but the bandolier will be "fun"
TI/IC/IG/IN-12485 Dax Corrin
Founder, NorthWest Quadrant Battery

Offline Lidocaine

Re: Gideon Hask Inferno Squadron WIP
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2018, 10:59:12 AM »
I've been slowly working on a Del Meeko, I'm not sure what Walt's wait times are, but if you want a fiberglass helmet, I got my helmet from Jim Tripon and it's fantastic so far.

Chris may have Inferno armor for you as well, I'd shoot him a message, that's where I got mine ;)

Boots/Gloves I went with Gio, but his wait times/communication can sometimes be wonky. Imperial Boots I think has a new run starting early/mid Jan.
Luke - BH/TB/TK-44228

Offline Dax Corrin

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2018, 03:38:21 PM »
Got armor and bandoleer on order from Chris. Might be doing a printed TIE box, TBD. Looking hard at Gio's boots and gloves. I like the Far Away Creation post on a removable TIE box using a small section of TK chest armor and really strong magnets to hold it in place with felt or something to make it scratch free. Jim's helmets look good, was looking at WTF but didn't realize Chris was close and did the armor parts. Flight suit, boots gloves chest back armor first, TIE box second and helmet last is the plan.
I have always wanted to be a TIE pilot and this one without the hoses makes me happy, it will also be the first costume I'll have that isn't based off the classic flight suit.

Offline Dax Corrin

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2019, 09:06:51 AM »
Boots and gloves ordered, measurement request received from Crowprops (Gio), those will go out today. Danny is working the flight suit, Chris is the man of the hour for the armor. Still have to decide what I want to do for helmet and painting all the pieces. I might leave it to a professional this time.

Offline Dax Corrin

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2019, 01:26:02 PM »
 I'm also thinking it would be cool to get going with a Garrick Versio, Admiral and creator of Inferno Squad. That way since we have more than one Gideon we could have "Dad" too.   :afro: Tunic is a one-off, ISB style but with pockets and the yoke doesn't go over as far as an ISB yoke. I have asked Cosplysky if they can do the deluxe Imperial costume with a white tunic, pockets in the normal places, and the yoke cut in the ISB style, not going up to the shoulder like the normal black tunic. If they can do this, I might get them produced and need a pair of English riding boots too. Yikes, so many costume ideas and not enough $$ for all of them.

Offline Dax Corrin

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2019, 10:02:27 AM »
Back on topic, I have everything on order except the helmet at this point. Flight suit should be done early next week, boots and gloves are ordered and in progress.

Offline Dax Corrin

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2019, 11:12:35 AM »
Flight suit is done, I think, somebody sewed the blood strips on the wrong side, ooops.   :P   Boots and gloves measurements received, will see how long they take to be produced. Armor is ready for pick-up and paint. Still need to figure out source for helmet, and make the leather portions of the bandoleer, paint my comm pad too.

Offline Dax Corrin

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2019, 10:39:18 AM »
Received my GIO gloves and boots, along with the free balaclava he offers. Lovely work! Now, to painting my comm-pad, chest and back armor, nag Danny about the TIE box he's printing, and figure out what helmet I'm going to get. Exciting to have multiple builds going on at the same time. Now to update the Garrick Versio thread.  :)

Offline Dax Corrin

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2019, 11:12:15 AM »
One of the SoCal Garrison folks is upgrading his helmet to fiberglass, so he posted his other helmet up for sale. Danny Chen alerted me to it and now it's mine.
Be a week or so until it arrives.
Reminded Danny to schedule printing my TIE box, hopefully cleverly enough that it will be both removable and stay on when I want it to.
My armor is white, so I painted the back inside with Krylon Fusion gloss black just so it isn't white any more. Not the perfect finish but it is the side against me body so it doesn't matter that it isn't perfect. I left white where the joining plates between front and back armor will attach, the place where the red acrylic attaches to the back armor, and the place where the strap snaps will attach.
I need to do the same to the front armor inside but only the joining plates will need to stay white on it.
Once I get my bandoleer finished fitting, then and only then will I paint the shiny enamel outer coat on both pieces of armor.
Painted initial grey base color on my 3D printed Comm-pad. Picked up some disposable brushes so I can paint the rest of the pad starting tomorrow.

Flight suit received Danny Chen
Gloves and boots "GIO Crowprops" received and excellent
Comm-pad: painting in progress with Inferno colors
Belt: got one.
Armor: Straps built, snaps need installed on back armor; front inside portion painted black, outer to be painted once bandoleer is finished.
Bandoleer: Purchase leather and start cutting templates out of cardboard to get the shape. Paint ammo boxes with gloss clear and see how it looks. (have 3, need 2 so I can experiment with one)
Helmet: purchased, will receive in about a week.
TIE Box: Danny Chen printing

Pretty darn close to being both Gideon Hask and Garrick Versio. 

Offline Dax Corrin

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2019, 11:39:46 AM »
Finished painting all the pieces of the comm pad. Need to glue them in place, and check that off the list.

Offline Dax Corrin

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2019, 10:22:41 AM »
Comm pad looks good, all glued together, just need to add a bit of white paint in one place and a dab of red in another.

Offline Dax Corrin

« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2019, 08:06:01 AM »
Comm-pad finished, and helmet arrived. One greeblie fell off just before shipping and needs re-glued, but made the trip well considering the condition of the box.  :/ Helmet needs padding inside and I'll likely replace the film "lenses" with something better shortly. Still need plastic to make the bridging armor between chest and back armor, have made the request for materials from the armor supplier, and get the bandoleer leather parts made. I should get some pics of WIP but not for approval so everyone can see it.

Flight suit, boots, gloves, belt, comm pad complete.
Helmet: re-glue greeblie, fit padding inside. Find proper honeycomb lenses.
Bandoleer:make template for leather portions, take to Tandy Leather.
Chest/back armor: Strapping 95% complete, need bridging armor materials, paint visible portion once bandoleer fitted.
So close..

Offline Dax Corrin

« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2019, 09:30:39 AM »
Gluing the foam inside to fit my dome, and re-glued the greeblie to the ear. I had considered using the greeblie for my Garrick Versio hat as it's closer, but I want the 2 on the helmet to match. The sweet sweet smell of E-6000...

Offline Dax Corrin

« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2019, 10:09:04 AM »
Helmet needs more foam in strategic places, and neck of flight suit needs to be smaller. Have to talk to Danny about this likely post-Celebration.
Bad pics, more to come...

Even Inferno Squad needs their Vitamin D...

Need to reduce neck size, hope it's easy. It catches on the helmet edge.  :(

Offline Lidocaine

« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2019, 07:27:30 PM »
Looking good Greg!
Luke - BH/TB/TK-44228

Tags: