Author Topic: Anovos ANH TK pre-order people, please check in!  (Read 26623 times)

Offline Spurgco

• Cloud City Retired
  • Independent Dealer for Industrial Automation
  • Awards Trooped 10+ times
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Re: Anovos ANH TK pre-order people, please check in!
« Reply #45 on: January 22, 2016, 05:15:27 PM »
I think they tried to deliver today. I got a fedex door tag for a package requiring sig, and 23lbs.
I hope to pick it up tomorrow from a fedex store, but yeah, no email, tracking, or even change of status online. I will verify soon.
Independent Dealer for Industrial Automation, Marius Technologies, and Gizmonic Institute Droids and Automata.
Field Service and Transport
Since 2011

Offline daryldoak

« Reply #46 on: January 22, 2016, 08:14:12 PM »
I just got my Fed Ex tracking number via text alert.  Delivery scheduled for 1/28!
TK/TA/TS/IS/IC/BH-11371

Offline CJ49er

« Reply #47 on: January 23, 2016, 10:51:25 AM »
WOOHOO!  I think their shipping dates are wrong, and I am ok not waiting until Feb-March. I may be too excited to open it :)

SL/TI/TK/DS/BH 12770

Offline Spurgco

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: January 23, 2016, 01:53:53 PM »
confirmed - armor in hand :) i know what im reading tonight!
Independent Dealer for Industrial Automation, Marius Technologies, and Gizmonic Institute Droids and Automata.
Since 2011

Offline Spurgco

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: January 23, 2016, 04:30:00 PM »
OK panic set in when i didnt find my suit and gloves. read the last email THOROUGHLY, and these items will be a separate shipment.
Kinda like my Master Replicas helmet better... but meh.
Anovos instructions are online only, and not up at the time of this post. No reading tonight.
any experience perspectives on the kit out there?
This is my first try at armor, so it is all new to me.

Since 2011

Offline maxsteele

« Reply #50 on: January 23, 2016, 05:05:06 PM »
First of all -  YAY!

Alright -  Could someone who has received their armor please send me a copy of the build instructions that come with it?  We need to review it to make sure assembly is at the current 501st standards for an ANH TK.

Please PM me if you have the set of instructions from Anovos and can either scan it, or if it's digital already, email it to me.

Offline sitpadeshu

« Reply #51 on: January 23, 2016, 07:23:00 PM »
I have a long time to wait.  I'm full MSRP. :(
ID/TA-41414

Offline Lidocaine

« Reply #52 on: January 23, 2016, 08:16:08 PM »
First of all -  YAY!

Alright -  Could someone who has received their armor please send me a copy of the build instructions that come with it?  We need to review it to make sure assembly is at the current 501st standards for an ANH TK.

Please PM me if you have the set of instructions from Anovos and can either scan it, or if it's digital already, email it to me.

No instructions included. Sounds like they'll be online sometime this upcoming week. The "guildelines" for trimming are pretty generous with return edges too.

I'm sure it's been said somewhere else but they have a good 1/4" or more return for the forearms, which ideally for EIB is no return edge. We've trimmed it to the Anovos guidelines, and are about to start making it match EIB/Centurion standards. We have a decent sized box of trimmed ABS. Good times!
Luke - BH/TB/TK-44228

Offline Barclay

« Reply #53 on: January 23, 2016, 08:23:20 PM »
Glad to see everyone getting their kits... I should be getting mine in late Feb/early March (maybe sooner the way they are shipping)... Looking forward to the build parties.. Hope I am in the states when you have them

Offline CJ49er

« Reply #54 on: January 23, 2016, 09:09:57 PM »
I was scheduled to get mine in late Feb/March according to order date, so you all may get yours earlier than expected.
SL/TI/TK/DS/BH 12770

Offline daryldoak

TK/TA/TS/IS/IC/BH-11371

Offline Spurgco

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: January 24, 2016, 04:22:51 PM »
Instructions are posted.
Anovos.com/tk-kit
Since 2011

Offline daryldoak

« Reply #57 on: January 24, 2016, 04:45:32 PM »
I'm not really planning to use the Anovos instructions at all.  I'm going to follow this build very closely:

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/35086-ukswraths-anovos-tk-build/
TK/TA/TS/IS/IC/BH-11371

Offline Spurgco

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: January 24, 2016, 04:58:30 PM »
Thanks for that link daryldoak! Very detailed so far. Will follow with great interest.
Since 2011

Offline maxsteele

« Reply #59 on: January 24, 2016, 09:05:19 PM »
I've taken a look at the instructions that Anovos gives, and would like to give some comments.

First - everyone building this kit should go to www.whitearmor.net and make a build thread in http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/80-anh-build-threads/ .   Everyone should do this so the community can offer up advice and watch your build thread to help prevent mistakes that are difficult to correct after you've made them.

Second - I am strongly against using CA Glue for your armor.  You are free to use what you wish, but it is strongly recommended to use e-6000.  It takes 24 hours to cure, but once it does it doesn't come apart unless you want it to.  And that's the big point - it *does* come apart.  If you use CA Glue and you make a mistake, there's no going back.

Third - Look at whitearmor.net for strapping suggestions.  I wouldn't go with the loop method Anovos suggests.  I would use either the bracket method Jason (Raintrooper) mentioned earlier, or I would use the snaps and straps system that myself and many others have used.  I would also suggest for snap plates to use polyfiber webbing instead of pieces of ABS to secure the snaps on.  It will form to the inside of your armor better as it's flexible.  Also cover the back of the snap with tape before gluing it to prevent scraping and possible glue interaction with the plastic and metal.

Fourth - some suggestions with the armor itself:

A)  No return edge at the wrist end of the forearms
B)  No return edge at the foot end of the shin pieces
C)  Use 2 inch white elastic to connect the front plate to the back plate at the shoulders

Here is my build thread:

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/24804-maxsteeles-new-ne-armor-build/page-1

I know there are other things to say, but this is what I've found in the limited time I've had to study the instructions.  Please look at other ANH builds on whitearmor.net , ask lots of questions, and update your build thread with progress and pictures.  As always, please send me a message with any questions you have on your build.  Good luck and have fun!

« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 09:08:21 PM by maxsteele »

Tags: