Author Topic: Anovos ANH TK pre-order people, please check in!  (Read 26424 times)

Offline maxsteele

Anovos ANH TK pre-order people, please check in!
« on: June 14, 2015, 12:18:49 AM »
Hello everyone!

For those who may not know me, my name's Ron, and I'm the First Imperial Stormtrooper Division (FISD) Attaché for Cloud City Garrison.  My primary responsibility is to help out members of our Garrison who are donning the white armor get help and information on costume requirements and build methods to further the accuracy of Stormtrooper armor in the 501st.

With Anovos coming into the A New Hope TK armor space, there will be quite a few people who are new to assembling armor and will undoubtedly have questions and concerns once the Big Brown Box arrives later this year.

What I'd like to do is get an idea of how many people have ordered the Anovos ANH TK armor and who out of those people are doing this for the first time. Please respond to this thread if you have ordered an Anovos ANH TK kit and are either new to the Garrison or a current member looking for help once the kits start shipping.

There is a base approval for 501st membership, but the FISD has two certifications above base approval for a more accurate armor build.  The next level above base approval is called Expert Infantry, or EI, and the level above that is Centurion.  Most of the changes between base approval and EI are simplest to do at the initial build stage than after complete assembly.  Centurion level has changes above EI that can be done either during building or even after with relatively little extra work.

Because we don't know how Anovos is going to instruct anyone on how to assemble their ANH TK kit, I would like to emphasize the importance of checking in with myself or other members of the FISD community before starting assembly of your Anovos ANH TK kits if you are at all interested in a costume built above the base approval level.  There may even be alterations that need to be made to the kit for base approval, which myself and others here and at the FISD forums are more than happy to assist with.

Thanks for your time and attention and I'm looking forward to having a bigger group of TKs in Cloud City Garrison!

Current List of Anovos orders going for TK:

CJ49er (Chris J)
sitpadeshu
JupiterThunderbolt (Morgan)
NavySith (Scott T)
Madighon (Josh M)
Vaughn
Mel
Barclay
Daryl
John Wilnau
Oscar
Rob F.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2015, 11:28:09 PM by maxsteele »

Offline carpe mindiem

Re: Anovos ANH TK pre-order people, please check in!
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2015, 01:14:41 AM »
Marc and I have both ordered these kits, but we're going to make sandies out of them. I'm looking forward to actually being involved in the building of the kit this time!

Offline CJ49er

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2015, 08:35:05 AM »
I ordered a kit. I have dabbled in armor assembly (fiberglass mostly), but would love getting help on the build. 
SL/TI/TK/DS/BH 12770

Offline Ackua

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2015, 11:10:12 AM »
I'm building an AP kit for my first TK, but I plan on ordering the Anovos for a sandtrooper build.

Offline sitpadeshu

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2015, 11:27:52 AM »
I've ordered the kit and I also have 2 kits from ATA on order. Should receive them around the same time. :)
ID/TA-41414

Offline Mosi

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2015, 11:55:47 AM »
One thing about the Anovos TK orders is that everyone should expect them to not be shipped in the time frame that they say so you won't be disappointed. If I had to guess, we probably won't start seeing them until Spring of next year. Get all of your misc parts going in the mean time (boots, blaster, glue, etc).
pew pew

Offline JupiterThunderbolt

• Kashyyyk Base Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2015, 02:57:06 PM »
I ordered a kit. As a short girl I expect I'll have to do a lot of trimming to make it work. I'm looking forward to armor parties!
Morgan
X-Wing pilot

Offline NavySith

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2015, 07:20:41 PM »
I ordered a kit as well. I built a clone but could always use help in TK armor building.
Sent from Kamino using Tapatalk

Scott
CT/SL/TK/AR-6754

Offline Madighon

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2015, 08:46:14 AM »
I have ordered an Anovos ANH TK kit as well.  I would love to know what the extra work is involved for EI approval.  I have found 2 1996 Hasbro E-11 blasters.  I've heard that they are approvable (as long as they are painted black) as is, but need modifications like the droopy doos conversion kit for EI approval.  Please correct me if I am wrong.  I have seen the forums for converting a Hasbro E-11 into a Poor Man's DLT-19 as well, so I may do that with my extra Blaster.  I've decided on the boots I am going to buy and will be purchasing them and painting them white in the next couple months.  I also have a Tie Pilot, so I've done a little work with armor, but would love all the advise I can get. If I'm able, I will come to an armor party or two.

Thanks,
Josh Mc.
Madighon
TI-90603-TR (TK on the way)

Offline Trumby

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2015, 01:56:34 PM »
I ordered a kit but I'm 90% certain I'm going to do the same thing as Marc and Mindie and turn it into a sandy

Offline Vaughn

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2015, 02:44:11 AM »
I ordered the Anovos kit as well - I have 0 experience in building these, will need all the help I can get!! Look forward to the challenge...
ID/DZ/SL-46602

Offline Darth Mel

« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2015, 10:42:45 AM »
I ordered the Anovos TK so please add me to this list.  I attended Jason's armor party so I can learn the basics of what is involved with the build, but will need plenty of help when my kit arrives.

Offline stevo502

« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2015, 10:55:06 AM »
Michele and I each ordered one as well, probably will convert our current ones to Sandtroopers and make the new ones our clean whites. We may wind up with a lot of sandies out of this deal too!

Offline maxsteele

« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2015, 01:13:40 PM »
Michele and I each ordered one as well, probably will convert our current ones to Sandtroopers and make the new ones our clean whites. We may wind up with a lot of sandies out of this deal too!

I can add you guys to the list, but I'm pretty sure you know what you're doing already. :)

Offline stevo502

« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2015, 01:18:03 PM »

I can add you guys to the list, but I'm pretty sure you know what you're doing already. :)

Well, Michele does anyway...

Tags: