Author Topic: New to Cloud City  (Read 7155 times)

Offline B-Pfau

• Cloud City Reserve
  • TK-17472
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
New to Cloud City
« on: September 13, 2014, 02:51:58 PM »
Hello Cloud City! I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Brian, most people just call me B. I just turned 40 and suddenly have a whole new geek side that just woke up for some reason. I live in Vancouver with my family and work in IT as a UC Engineer.
I'm on a mission to build myself an ESB Storm Trooper costume. I've been close to purchasing one of those "Official Supreme Edition" costumes from Amazon, but realize that is is nowhere near the quality and authentic value that a nice costume should have. A little more research on the subject brought me here. :)
I've lived in Portland/Vancouver all my life and never knew a group like the Cloud City Garrison even existed. I would love to be a part of the fun and love what you do, but first things first... I need an awesome and acceptable costume. My goal is to have one put together by Halloween, but it's going to be tough. Hopefully I can get some help and insight from all of you here.
I've checked out the 501st legion site and am starting on the basics, like a black under suit, boots and gloves. I will definitely need some help with the armor pieces, and really need a functional helmet to go with it.
Hopefully once I get up to par I can help out with some events also. Looking through the gallery, you obviously have a fun time and enjoy what you do. :)  Thanks in advance for all of your help and insight.

-B-
-Brian
TK-17472

Online NavySith

Re: New to Cloud City
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2014, 02:54:45 PM »
Welcome
Sent from Kamino using Tapatalk

Scott
CT/SL/TK/AR-6754

Offline maxsteele

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2014, 04:18:35 PM »
Hi Brian!  Welcome to Cloud City Garrison!

Getting a kit finished by Halloween will be quite challenging.  Most kits take a couple of weeks just to get delivered after ordering.  That would put you at the beginning of October to start the build.

First, I'd like to encourage you to head over to the First Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment (FISD) at http://whitearmor.net and specifically read the "Getting Started" area at http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/38-getting-started-read-this-first/ .  That will go a long way in answering questions you have on what type of armor you need and where to get it.

You can also look around at the For Sale thread both on the FISD and here.  There are several people who are selling various TK kits, both finished and unfinished.  You may be able to find a good deal and get a kit sooner than through one of the suggested vendors.

I'm the FISD Attaché for Cloud City Garrison, so please feel free to ask me any questions you have on getting a TK suit together.  You can PM me here, or you can contact me at the FISD forums.  My forum name is maxsteele there as well.

Offline Dax Corrin

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2014, 10:41:00 AM »
Welcome, Brian. Make sure to come see us at the Rose City Comic Con next weekend, we love to meet new folks and you can get a sense of what we do, and why. I'm in it for the kids and the fact that we raise money for charity, nice article on Bloomberg's web site about a make a wish child who got to spend time with Patrick Stewart and we help support wishes like that through our charitable donations.
TI/IC/IG/IN-12485 Dax Corrin
Founder, NorthWest Quadrant Battery

Offline Leia8674

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2014, 09:27:37 PM »
Welcome B!
Macy

Offline Blue Leader

• Rebel Legion member
  • Ace Pilot
    • Blue Leader's Universe
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2014, 11:00:46 PM »
Greetings. Welcome to the forum.

But, ahem...

*Waves hand* You want to be a Rebel instead. Stormtroopers are just fodder for Rebel blasters. Being a Rebel is everyone's true desire.
B-wing Pilot - Jedi[/center]

Offline Dax Corrin

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2014, 08:40:14 AM »
Now, don't start stirring up Reb v Imp ire, that's MY job.  :P
TI/IC/IG/IN-12485 Dax Corrin
Founder, NorthWest Quadrant Battery

Offline B-Pfau

• Cloud City Reserve
  • TK-17472
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2014, 07:44:50 PM »
Haha, all on my behalf? I'm feeling welcomed already!<a href="http://" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://</a>
-Brian
TK-17472

Offline TD-8821

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2014, 10:35:38 PM »
hello and welcome
Look sir,droids!!!!
Rob...
TD-8821
CCG,MEPD officer,

Blacky no stars

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2014, 11:24:12 PM »
Welcome and yes do come to comic con! It's fun!

Offline B-Pfau

• Cloud City Reserve
  • TK-17472
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2014, 12:25:04 PM »
Thanks all. I've been working on fitting my costume since picking it up from Dave. Sadly, it will not be ready for this weekend. I asked my daughter last night if she wanted to go to the Comic Con on Saturday, and she yelled at me... "HECK YEA!!" We are looking forward to stopping by booth 125 to say Hi, and meet some possible future fellow troopers. :)
-Brian
TK-17472

Offline maxsteele

« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2014, 02:14:22 PM »
We'll see ya there!  I'm manning the booth from 2-3pm.

Offline stevo502

« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2014, 09:35:25 PM »
Sounds like some good parenting going on there. See you tomorrow!

Offline B-Pfau

• Cloud City Reserve
  • TK-17472
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2014, 01:18:21 PM »
I'm FINALLY ready to submit my application but cannot find the Liaison name. Can someone help a brother out? I have many hi-res photos looking for a home... :)
-Brian
TK-17472

Offline stevo502

« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2014, 01:28:12 PM »
Hi Brian-

PM Mosi (Marc) on our forums, he's the Membership Officer and can let you know where/how to submit your photos (if he hasn't already seen this and done so).

-steve

Tags: