Author Topic: Star Wars Celebration CVII  (Read 10175 times)

Offline Aysel

Star Wars Celebration CVII
« on: July 28, 2013, 08:36:29 AM »
It was announced that it's coming to Anaheim in 2015! So mark your calenders for April 16-19, 2015!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151754908333205&set=a.293127333204.146263.85432848204&type=1&theater

Offline vader55th

• Cloud City Retired
  • TD-8955
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Re: Star Wars Celebration CVII
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2013, 09:04:59 AM »
I'm there>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
James
TD8955 / BH8955 / DS8955

Offline Mosi

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2013, 10:55:08 AM »
Thank the gods! Loading up the car is way better than shipping bins! My old stomping ground, too!
pew pew

Offline Volund Starfire

• Kashyyyk Base Member
  • Worst Day-Shift Manager Ever
  • Awards Trooped 10+ times
    • Jason's Facebook Page
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2013, 11:13:50 AM »
I've done some checking, and if we rent a couple of minivans we can carpool down.  One of our members north has a full-size van that can haul the bins and stuff, so we can fit people in the minivans for transit.  I'm not sure how much the 501st block rooms will be, but it is looking like 12 people, sharing expenses, will only cost $275 per person (travel and rooms).

2 minivan rentals from Tuesday until Tuesday (8 days).  Hotel rooms from Wednesday until Monday (5 nights).  This is not counting fuel or food.  It is a 14 hour drive down I5.  Add in bathroom breaks, driver changes, and food stops, and we are looking at about 18 hours.  If we leave later on Tuesday, we can drive through the night and arrive in time for check-in on Wednesday (then have all day to decompress from the trip).  We will also miss the majority of the really bad traffic.

If someone has a couple of minivans that they might want to donate to the cause, we might be able to save about $60 bucks per person (or just put it toward gas).  Either way, we can get 12 people down there for the entire convention for less than possible airfare prices.  We'd need a couple of drivers per van (with co-drivers), and possibly a couple of motorolas for comms.

So, how does this proposal sound to everyone?  Would you like Celebration travel and rooms for about $275 per person for the entire time?

Offline Mosi

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2013, 01:20:51 PM »
Don't count on us for the caravan idea. Mindie and I are road trip MACHINES and drive straight through with maybe one short meal stop. We will only have to fill the TDI once since it has a 650 mile range. Should be a solid 14 hours, maybe less... I've made that drive in 12.5 before  :mrgreen:
pew pew

Offline Leia8674

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2013, 03:54:06 PM »
Same with us - we have our mini van - great road trip car!
Macy

Offline Aysel

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2013, 06:00:48 PM »
That's kinda the idea Marc, road trip down there with as many vans as needed to get everyone down there with a couple of driver changes, convoy style, leaving Tuesday to get there early Wednesday so we have the day to nap and be rested for opening ceremonies ^_^

Offline Mosi

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2013, 06:05:51 PM »
That's kinda the idea Marc, road trip down there with as many vans as needed to get everyone down there with a couple of driver changes, convoy style, leaving Tuesday to get there early Wednesday so we have the day to nap and be rested for opening ceremonies ^_^

We have no patience for convoys cuz we are GO GO GO!  :mrgreen:   We'll prolly go down a couple of days earlier as well.
pew pew

Offline Blue Leader

• Rebel Legion member
  • Ace Pilot
    • Blue Leader's Universe
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2013, 06:32:53 PM »
I was just about to post this, heh heh. :P

I'm glad to finally have a date for the next Celebration, though I am a little disappointed that it wont be next year. Now I have to wait almost two years before the next big Star Wars event. Heh.
But it does give me a little longer to save up more money.

I'm already starting to plan the trip. I've never been on a road trip before, but I'll probably just end up flying down... I'm one of those people who would just prefer to get there and get it done in a few hours rather than a few days. Even though I really hate airplanes... And I'm always leery about checking my costumes onto the plane, which is why I always take them as a carry-on.

First the Star Wars Celebration, then DisneyLand, and then LEGO Land. Wont bother with Universal Studios there, last time I was there (at Christmas a few years ago) the park there was a waste of time. The one in Florida is great, the one in California not so much. I ended up having to sit around for about two hours in the freezing cold waiting for the bus because I couldn't find anything interesting to do. >>;;
But I love DisneyLand and DisneyWorld, and I've never been to LEGO Land...

And this will be my forth Celebration. To celebrate the occasion I've decided that I'm going to get a tattoo there, assuming they have the tattoo pavilion again. :)
« Last Edit: July 28, 2013, 06:49:21 PM by Blue Leader »
B-wing Pilot - Jedi[/center]

Offline vader55th

• Cloud City Retired
  • TD-8955
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2013, 08:24:20 PM »
Never been on a road trip?
James
TD8955 / BH8955 / DS8955

Offline carpe mindiem

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2013, 09:07:56 PM »
I'm so excited! I want to plan and book everything RIGHT NOW!!!

Offline RainTrooper

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2013, 11:49:24 PM »
I’m freak-out excited! Looks like tickets go on sale in about a week! My wife and I will be road-tripping for sure! We’ll most likely make an extended So-Cal vacation out of it.  She wants to go to Celebration as Ep II Padme.  I might even convince her to join the rebel legion!  :grin: 
TK/TD-76216

Offline Leia8674

« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2013, 11:50:43 PM »

WOOT WOOT!!!!!!
Macy

Offline Zolotkey

• Cloud City Retired
  • Twitter anyone?
    • Imperial Base
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2013, 10:16:33 AM »
Yay I can't wait! However I wish it was Orlando again.
Nick Z
ID/TK-2516 Retired
Sr QA Engineer

Offline Blue Leader

• Rebel Legion member
  • Ace Pilot
    • Blue Leader's Universe
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2013, 03:40:40 PM »
Dang, I can't believe they're selling tickets so early this time. Almost two years in advance? Sheesh... In eight more days...

Never been on a road trip?
Well, actually, I guess that's not entirely true. I have been on one when I was a little kid. Went up to Canada. But that was the only road trip I've been on. Unless you count the very occasional drive up to Eugene as a "road trip"...
B-wing Pilot - Jedi[/center]

Tags: