Author Topic: The final straw.  (Read 2936 times)

Offline Wingnut7901

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
The final straw.
« on: March 07, 2013, 08:48:13 PM »
Hello all,

Well I can no longer deny my urge to make a Star Wars costume.  Seeing all the amazing Star Wars costumes at ECCC this year was truly inspiring!  I am 33 and a life long fan.  My goal is to make a TIE Pilot costume.  I have gleaned some really good information from the detachment site dedicated to them.  Any guidance or insight into this process would be helpful!  I look forward to the process and am quite excited to learn.  Thanks!
"No Shields, All Guts"

Boots: En Route
Gloves: Researching
Flight Suit: Researching
Comm Pad: En Route
Hat: Researching
Belt: Researching
Armor: Researching
Helmet: Researching
Chest box: Researching

Offline Mosi

Re: The final straw.
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2013, 08:56:43 PM »
Welcome! The TIE pilot is a great costume and you can actually sit down  :mrgreen:

Take a peek here http://www.cloudcitygarrison.com/forum/index.php?topic=7205.0
pew pew

Offline Wingnut7901

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2013, 09:07:24 PM »
Thanks!  I will sign up with my appropriate detachment as suggested and hopefully start my build soon. 
"No Shields, All Guts"

Offline carpe mindiem

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2013, 10:18:16 PM »
Welcome! The TIE pilot was my first imperial costume. It's a good one. And it's funny how often I get called Vader even though I'm only 5'4". Haha! Good luck with your build and hope to meet you soon!

Offline TD-8821

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2013, 06:15:30 AM »
hello and welcome.
Look sir,droids!!!!
Rob...
TD-8821
CCG,MEPD officer,

Offline Wingnut7901

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2013, 12:05:37 PM »
Hello all and thanks for the warm welcome.  It looks like I am getting hooked up with the right people over at the TIE pilot detachment forums.  Hopefully I will be starting my own WIP thread there and here.
"No Shields, All Guts"

Offline Mosi

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2013, 12:17:19 PM »
Just a heads up about the TIE lid, armor, and chestbox. The few reputable makers tend to take a while, so if you know what you want, order it sooner than later. In the mean time, get your soft parts together so you can get your crewman approved so you can troop. The only thing you need to add is the crew hat, which, if you want a local source, Katie in our garrison makes those. I can help you with the belt if needed since I do some leather work. No problem if not since we encourage people to purchase whatever you think is the best and fits your budget.

If people on the JRS encourage you to purchase DL lid/box/armor, then you will wait a year or more. Great stuff, but communications aren't great and the wait is brutal.
Moncal also makes a set up that is nice, but you are looking at 3-6 months
Dark Agent is out of the UK and makes a nice and shiny TIE lid made out of high gloss HIPS/Styrene, and his wait time is usually 2-4 weeks, but I'm not sure if he makes armor or the chest box.

The TIE was my first build 3.5 years ago and I've since upgraded the flight suit and boots. I don't wear it very often, but when I do, I'm always reminded with how incredibly comfy it is compared to my other costumes.
pew pew

Offline Terrys

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2013, 01:11:37 PM »
Welcome,

Looking forward to having another TIE.

Offline Wingnut7901

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2013, 04:14:12 PM »
Thanks for the heads up Mosi!  I am waiting for a mentor to be assigned to me over at JRS.  I am amazed at how much thought and time goes into this.  It is a little bit overwhelming at first.  Thankfully the forums are full of people that have completed the process and are just starting out like I am. 

It looks like I am going to do the Reserve Pilot first since that seems to be the quickest way to get started down the road.  I am currently researching all the different parts of the costume and the myriad of ways to obtain them! 
"No Shields, All Guts"

Offline Aysel

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2013, 05:19:14 PM »
Welcome! As Mosi mentioned I can make a hat for you, message me for sizing instructions and pricing. The JRS has some great leadership and will get you the help you need to get were you need to get in terms of your costume. In the meantime, take a look at our public events forum and sign yourself up as a spotter, it's a great way to meet the group and get to see how we work with the public. Looking forward to meeting you at a future event.

Tags: