Author Topic: Emerald City Comicon  (Read 3582 times)

Offline Endor Resident

• facebook profile
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Emerald City Comicon
« on: March 06, 2013, 09:08:09 PM »
Hello everyone-
     I have talked to a couple of people during last weekends comicon and took their advice about searching for a garrison. So I found the golden gate garrison and the CO redirected me to your garrison here. lol I know i live so remote but i live in an area that gives me great pride in being a fanboy! Im going to start making a royal guard uniform and need advice and also would love to join the garrison and the legion soon!
 thank you for your time everyone! cant wait to meet you all
Bill Fender

Offline stevo502

Re: Emerald City Comicon
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2013, 06:08:00 AM »
Welcome Bill! I was just telling someone that's in been awhile since we've had a Royal Guard at any of our events, so I hope you can make it happen soon!

Here's a forum full of all things Royal Guard that you're going to want to join:

http://www.forcepike.net/

Also, take a look at this thread here:

http://www.cloudcitygarrison.com/forum/index.php?topic=7205.0

You say that you're remote, whereabouts are you living? We've got a few other remote folks so you might have company.

Offline stevo502

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2013, 06:22:11 AM »
Never mind, shoulda checked my email first! Smith River CA, wow that IS remote. How far away is Brookings, I think we have a member there?

We also have annual events in Grants Pass and Klamath Falls, plus we get occasional requests in Roseburg and Medford. It would be great to start building membership down there, so we can do more events. Maybe even get some more road trips going for us northern folk.

Offline MEEKOtheBUZZSAW

• Kashyyyk Base Member
  • "The one and only, Princess Lulu!"
  • Awards Trooped 100+ times
    • Random Costume Shenanigans
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2013, 07:04:45 AM »
Cool!  You're about 20 minutes from Brookings, where another member lives, and about 2 hours from Grants Pass!!  We should have some upcoming events in Grants Pass, and one in Coos County soon if your interested to hang out at come to a few relativly near by events!! :)
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 10:22:33 AM by MEEKOtheBUZZSAW »
On Duty:
501st- SL/DZ/TD7627
RL
ORB- ORS030
TDE-172
TJA-427
SG-414

Offline Endor Resident

• facebook profile
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2013, 07:20:12 AM »
Thanks for replying to my post. yeah actually i can see brookings from my house. lol i live two miles from the border on the pacific cliffs. thanks for the website. i will check it out when i get home from work tonight. yeah i can make it to the next gathering and introduce myself inperson. Im excited to start the journey!
u can find me on facebook and friend me, u will see my family and how much i love these films. thanks cloud city  :D
Bill Fender

Offline anton-042

• 501st Legion Member
  • What could i hate more than the universe? My Self.
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2013, 11:12:39 AM »
glad to see another guard interest!
Wanna see me tempt fate? Could this day get any worse?

Offline carpe mindiem

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2013, 10:16:19 PM »
Welcome! Good luck with your build, and hope to meet you sometime soon.

Offline Aysel

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2013, 05:24:19 PM »
Greetings and Welcome!

Offline Endor Resident

• facebook profile
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2013, 09:08:24 PM »
i have a question bout the build ups. i was looking through a couple threads and came upon a member build a vader suit. But he was saying that he was using risers in his boots to get to 6 6 height. is there a height chart for the different suits u want to make and use?

Offline Aysel

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2013, 09:35:23 AM »
Some heights are known since we know the height of the actors (like Vader), some others have been extrapolated by comparing the unknown height to the known height of other actors on screen. However, if there's a costume you want to do, don't let height restrict you. Ribann is the type of person who likes to build things as perfectly as he can. You by no means have to do this.

Offline Mosi

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2013, 10:52:35 AM »
Yeah, it's all over the place. Clones are easy since they are all 6', TKs averaged 5'10" in the movies, TIE pilots were the same except for the two that flanked Vader in ANH, which were both reportedly women. Unless you have a short Vader or Wookiee, no one is going to get out the measuring tape, though if you are under 5'8" or so and build a TK, then be prepared for the "aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper" line... yeah, that gets old VERY fast when I hear people say that to some of our TKs.
pew pew

Offline Endor Resident

• facebook profile
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2013, 11:47:07 AM »
ah thanks guys for the insight!!! im 5'7" so ill jus wear taller boots ;) hahaa

Offline Hoot

« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2013, 03:43:00 PM »
Bill,

Welcome to the forums.  :D :D :D
-Matthew

Offline Luananeko

• Kashyyyk Base Reserve
  • The "Avatar Lady"...
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2013, 09:58:26 AM »
...though if you are under 5'8" or so and build a TK, then be prepared for the "aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper" line... yeah, that gets old VERY fast when I hear people say that to some of our TKs.

It's not just the actually short TKs that get the line, even Brendon has gotten it when he's 6'!

Welcome to the boards, Bill! Looking forward to seeing your WIP :)

Kim

--- Check out our "Unbreakable" E-11's and more! www.THGProps.com ---

Tags: