Author Topic: Lucasfilm Pulls Eps II & III in 3D scheduled for Fall  (Read 3075 times)

Offline Ancient Fan

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Lucasfilm Pulls Eps II & III in 3D scheduled for Fall
« on: January 28, 2013, 03:14:55 PM »
C/NET stated today that Lucasfilm has decided to focus their efforts on Episode VII instead of releasing the remaining prequels in 3D.

Article here: http://news.cnet.com/8301-10797_3-57566302-235/with-new-star-wars-on-tap-lucasfilm-bails-on-episodes-ii-and-iii-in-3d/

(Cool pic of Lucas and Abrams talking shop)
Phil / ID 7538

Imperial Doorman

Offline TurboCam92

« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2013, 07:21:52 PM »
I just saw that on IGN. I'm not going to lie, there was a tiny sigh of relief and a small cheer (in my mind).

Offline Mosi

Re: Lucasfilm Pulls Eps II & III in 3D scheduled for Fall
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2013, 07:23:41 PM »
I just saw that on IGN. I'm not going to lie, there was a tiny sigh of relief and a small cheer (in my mind).

Not for us that have EPII and III costumes that could have been hired by Lucas for PR events.
pew pew

Offline Mark-John Jinn

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2013, 08:54:14 PM »
I saw that too. On with the new!

"Those Tuskens walk like men, but they're vicious, mindless monsters."
-Cliegg Lars

Offline TurboCam92

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2013, 10:02:06 PM »

Not for us that have EPII and III costumes that could have been hired by Lucas for PR events.

Touché. Hadn't thought of that.
:/

Offline Blue Leader

• Rebel Legion member
  • Ace Pilot
    • Blue Leader's Universe
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2013, 10:56:30 PM »
In a way I'm kind of disappointed... and kind of not at the same time. On one hand I'm glad that they'll be focusing on making the new trilogy as good as it can be... But on the other hand, this kind of shoots down any hopes of the original trilogy in 3D. Or at least not for quite a while. Maybe it's just me, but I was looking forward to seeing the Battle of Hoth in 3D. And, of course, 3D B-wings. :P

Still, I have to wonder what LucasFilms has plans for between now and the new movie? The new movie is still quite a while away, and I'm not sure if the Clone Wars is still going to be around by the time the new movie comes out because it seems to be almost caught up with Episode III. Even that Star Wars Detours series seems to have fallen off the face of the Earth (which is a bit of a relief). So what's going to happen? Are we going to be without anything Star Wars pretty soon?
Not to mention that 1313 wont be out for at least another year or two, and there doesn't seem to be any other new Star Wars games on the horizon. It really makes me wonder what the plan is.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 11:05:06 PM by Blue Leader »
B-wing Pilot - Jedi[/center]

Offline NavySith

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2013, 12:42:01 AM »
http://www.501st.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=73953&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Question was posted on 501st forum:
With the news that just came out about the other 3D films being postponed in order to focus on Episode VII, should we continue submitting photos until the February 20th deadline, or is this project over?

Brian Troyan Legion PR Officer posted Mary Franklin's response:
[MF] Let’s keep them going. It’s really good to have a database, especially of the tall Vaders worldwide.
[MF] is Mary Franklin at LFL
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 12:47:29 AM by NavySith »

Scott
CT/SL/TK/AR-6754

Tags: