Author Topic: Facebook question  (Read 2735 times)

Offline Hoot

Facebook question
« on: December 14, 2012, 08:59:17 PM »
I noticed that several people have started Facebook pages for their characters, whether Jedi or Mandalorian, and I was wondering:

1) Did you have to use another email address to log on separately; from your, named, account?
-Matthew

Offline Ram'ser Vau

• Mando Mercs
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Re: Facebook question
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2012, 12:15:45 PM »
No, you go into your settings and create a page. Just have to play with it for a bit.
John

Offline Blue Leader

• Rebel Legion member
  • Ace Pilot
    • Blue Leader's Universe
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2012, 02:28:56 PM »
As far as I'm aware you can't have multiple "profiles" under one E-mail address. If you wanted a new Facebook page separate from your personal page you'd need to use a different E-mail address.
I think, anyway. I haven't seen any options to create a separate user tied to the first... But than again, I don't use Facebook very often, either.
B-wing Pilot - Jedi[/center]

Offline anton-042

• 501st Legion Member
  • What could i hate more than the universe? My Self.
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2012, 10:42:24 AM »
yeah, as Ram'ser Vau said, you have to go through settings to create a page and make what you want. i made one for the royal guard since there aren't really any out there and i plan on being one here in a few weeks. Once your done making a page. you can do tones of editing from there and you can run your account as the character I.E. if im manuel, i just switch over to post and run the page as royal guard. then switch back whenever. that way i can like stuff as the guard instead of liking things for my personal. heres my page, its very easy to access whenever and you get notifications on your own profile as well. http://www.facebook.com/StarWarsRoyalGuard?ref=hl#!/StarWarsRoyalGuard
Wanna see me tempt fate? Could this day get any worse?

Offline Blue Leader

• Rebel Legion member
  • Ace Pilot
    • Blue Leader's Universe
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2012, 12:27:40 PM »
yeah, as Ram'ser Vau said, you have to go through settings to create a page and make what you want. i made one for the royal guard since there aren't really any out there and i plan on being one here in a few weeks. Once your done making a page. you can do tones of editing from there and you can run your account as the character I.E. if im manuel, i just switch over to post and run the page as royal guard. then switch back whenever. that way i can like stuff as the guard instead of liking things for my personal. heres my page, its very easy to access whenever and you get notifications on your own profile as well. http://www.facebook.com/StarWarsRoyalGuard?ref=hl#!/StarWarsRoyalGuard
How do you do it? I can't seem to find an option to create another page and switch to a different user short of logging out and creating a whole new account...
B-wing Pilot - Jedi[/center]

Offline Hoot

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2012, 02:51:02 PM »
To everyone,

Thank you for your help. I apologies (Sp?) for not speaking up; I have been tired (changing from night to day time living, for the troop yesterday, and then back again).
« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 02:53:19 PM by Hoot »
-Matthew

Offline john.wilnau

• Cloud City Member
  • Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2013, 11:10:44 AM »
Blue Leader/ Hoot

At the bottom of facebook there is a hyperlink that states "Create Page" If you click on that, it will take you to a menu to create your own page for your costume. Then it is linked to your primary facebook account.

here is mine....

http://www.facebook.com/StormtrooperTk4163

John
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 11:13:32 AM by john.wilnau »
-John<br />\"Stop that ship!! Blast\'em!\"
TK4163

Tags: