Author Topic: Walt Disney Company Acquires LucasFilm; Star Wars: Episode VII Set for 2015  (Read 14320 times)

Offline vader55th

• Cloud City Retired
  • TD-8955
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Uh, is this real?
James
TD8955 / BH8955 / DS8955

Offline Ancient Fan

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Yep, it is.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Phil / ID 7538

Imperial Doorman

Offline vader55th

• Cloud City Retired
  • TD-8955
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Just talked to my friend at Lucasfilm, It is true and they seem to be very excited about it...
James
TD8955 / BH8955 / DS8955

Offline darthbarber

New Star Wars and maybe Indiana Jones without Lucas to mess it up?......YES PLEASE!!
5150!!!

Offline Mark-John Jinn

$4.05 BILLION! I am happy to see the franchise continue. I guess this means I'll be waiting all night in line again in 2015 and every other year after that. And that's just for Star Wars.

"Those Tuskens walk like men, but they're vicious, mindless monsters."
-Cliegg Lars

Offline TupperwareSkys

I am excited, but I hope that since it's Disney it won't be too cheesy.  I hope they do 7,8 & 9 with the Legacy characters...but I know he already has a plan for them.  Can't wait either way!
-Kristin
AT-AT driver - TA-11494

Offline darthbarber

dude it can't be as cheesy as episode 1, 2 or 3. Don't even get me going on crystal skull...every time I think of that one all I can picture is that stupid Labeouf kid swinging on vines with monkeys!
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 10:57:16 PM by darthbarber »
5150!!!

Offline TupperwareSkys

dude it can't be as cheesy as episode 1, 2 or 3. Don't even get me going on crystal skull...every time I think of that one all I can picture is that stupid Labeouf kid swinging on veins with monkeys!

Lol, Oh, right?!  touché

Ps: wouldn't arteries be stronger to hold him ;)
-Kristin
AT-AT driver - TA-11494

Offline darthbarber

LOL see i was so mad that I spelled it wrong!  :D

ok its fixed...
5150!!!

Offline Blue Leader

• Rebel Legion member
  • Ace Pilot
    • Blue Leader's Universe
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
I can't really see this as a bad thing. At least Disney will continue the franchise... Lucas, on the other hand, didn't seem to have too many ideas of what to do with the franchise after Clone Wars finishes (which probably will be soon enough). Disney has done an excellent job with their Star Wars things in the past, and I can't see them doing any less with it now.

I am kind of curious where this puts the "live action series" that has been floating around in limbo for ages. The status of the series seemed to constantly change-- first it was going to happen, then it wasn't, then it was again, then it wasn't again, and last I saw it was back in the going-to-happen state. With Disney I wonder where it stands now?

But someone on the RL forum did bring up a good question... Does this make Princess Leia a "Disney Princess"?  :wink:

...And will my dreams of a Star Wars Land being added to Disney World/Land finally come true? If so, will they rent me an apartment in that land?
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 11:07:58 PM by Blue Leader »
B-wing Pilot - Jedi[/center]

Offline TupperwareSkys

LOL see i was so mad that I spelled it wrong!  :D

ok its fixed...

I'm just giving you a hard time.  I understand, that "Indiana Jones" made me mad too.  Lol

@Blue Leader: I can't wait to see if they make their own Star Wars Land in one of their theme parks. They better make Mos Eisley Cantina!

Leia totally would be a Disney princess, but she is a lot more of a stronger female character then the rest of them, she'd be their leader.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 08:44:30 AM by starkiller »
-Kristin
AT-AT driver - TA-11494

Offline Mark-John Jinn

I think Disney will do an awesome job with they movies. They own Marvel and those movies have been awesome. Hey maybe they can get Johnny Depp to play Han Solo since he plays a pirate already. Jk about the last part. Please don't blast me on here.

"Those Tuskens walk like men, but they're vicious, mindless monsters."
-Cliegg Lars

Offline Dkothla

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
The more I think about it the more I hope they do not use Luke, Leia, and Han for the next movies.  Have you seen how different they look now a days.  I don't think I can really see Mark Hamill using the force in a new movie now a days.  Nothing against them, they just don't look the part to me any more.  I hope they continue the story in a new direction, maybe their kids or some descendents down the road from them.  Something along those lines.  Obviously you can have Chewbacca because they live to be old old old :-)  I really think Disney will do the movies some justice better than what George could have done.  He seemed to be more about the special effects and making everything look good on a computer screen in 1,2,3 but in my mind 4,5,6 look far far far superior in effects quality as they are really actual PROPS and COSTUMES instead of people around them all looking at something that isn't there and not really looking in the same place.  I think with the team of writers that Disney can pull together on something like this can take the ideas the GL had for 7,8,9 and make it something EPIC!  I am counting down the days already for when this will be a reality!

Offline Mosi

During the interview with GL, it was a tad disappointing when they said they are looking for writers. Uhhhh... .HELLO! Just use the Thrawn Trilogy! DONE! 
pew pew

Tags: