Author Topic: Walt Disney Company Acquires LucasFilm; Star Wars: Episode VII Set for 2015  (Read 14318 times)

Offline Ancient Fan

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
The interview I saw Kathleen Kennedy said they had a "couple of writers" working on the new movie outline - didn't say who.
Phil / ID 7538

Imperial Doorman

Offline Aysel

... Obviously you can have Chewbacca because they live to be old old old :-) ...

ummm...you need to read "Vector Prime"...http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Chewbacca

You know the Cade Skywalker story would translate well to the big screen

Offline TupperwareSkys

I agree, Thrawn trilogy or fate of the Jedi (but that's a longer series).  As far as using the same actors,  yeah they are way too old now but remember in the new tron they CGed the young characters and it didn't look too bad.  Like they made Jeff Bridges young again for some scenes.
-Kristin
AT-AT driver - TA-11494

Offline stevo502

Just donned the TK for our company Halloween party. Wow, my first time as a Disney character! I guess Phil has us all beat on the experience scale now  :D

I for one am excited to see what they come up with for the movie. We've seen some really good example of what fresh minds can do with Star Trek and Batman.

Offline Dkothla

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
... Obviously you can have Chewbacca because they live to be old old old :-) ...

ummm...you need to read "Vector Prime"...http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Chewbacca

Movies > Books ... they can do whatever they want in the new movies.

Offline ceric

http://www.theforce.net/latestnews/story/LFL_Source_SW_Episode_VII_An_Original_Story_148665.asp

So let the speculation begin!

Also Joe Johnston reported interest in doing a "stand alone" Boba Fett movie.

As for the OT actors, I think Hamil would be interested in doing something, but not Ford.

I'm very happy for the acquisition of Lucasfilm by Disney. They have everything to make the movies, live action TV series (which they already have scripts for), and have been partners for years so it made really good sense to get together. Passing on the baton.

-Eric

Offline Blue Leader

• Rebel Legion member
  • Ace Pilot
    • Blue Leader's Universe
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Am I the only one who actually wouldn't mind seeing Johnny Depp in a Star Wars movie, as long as he wasn't the main character? It could be kind of amusing.  :lol:

As for the coming movies, I'm wondering if they'll even have Luke, Han and the others in it at all, or if they'll skip over it for Jason and Jaina, or just create new characters entirely. As much as I would love to see the the Thrawn trilogy be made into a series of movies it seems fairly unlikely, considering that Hamill, Ford and pretty much everyone else would be too old to play the parts. They could have new actors/actresses playing the characters but I don't think that would sit well with the fans (maybe it's just me but Han Solo isn't Han Solo unless he's being played by Harrison Ford :P). The only way I could see a Thrawn series happening is through CGI.
The most logical thing seems to either be create new characters entirely in a story that doesn't involve the Trilogy characters (except maybe through hologram or something where the characters could be CG), use an existing story or a new story and characters that takes place long after Episode VI, or do a series of "Jedi academy" movies where the main characters aren't Luke, Han and so on, but they could make appearances as they would be older, anyway.
Actually, the latter could be kind of neat, seeing an older Luke as an instructor at his Jedi academy.

But I'm still hoping for a movie staring Dash Rendar. A guy can dream.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 02:23:26 PM by Blue Leader »
B-wing Pilot - Jedi[/center]

Offline Aysel

Movies > Books ... they can do whatever they want in the new movies.

that would be a HUGE retcon, and not that it hasn't happened previously, however GL has stated that the deaths of main characters stand
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 05:48:24 PM by Aysel »

Offline vader55th

• Cloud City Retired
  • TD-8955
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Lucas tried the "amusing" thing and we met JAR JAR....Let's not go down that road again...
James
TD8955 / BH8955 / DS8955

Offline David A

Just talk to a friend that works at Lucas Ranch, and he said that there was talk about actor..James Caviezel.. to play a main role in the next movie!!! well have to see ..

Offline greedo

Am I the only one who actually wouldn't mind seeing Johnny Depp in a Star Wars movie

Yes
F**K you Photobucket!

Offline Mosi

Am I the only one who actually wouldn't mind seeing Johnny Depp in a Star Wars movie

Yes

Not as Han.. he's about 5' tall.
pew pew

Offline AxisJohn

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Johnny Depp is 5'10"

Offline Blue Leader

• Rebel Legion member
  • Ace Pilot
    • Blue Leader's Universe
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
I didn't mean as Han. I meant as a completely different, non-main character (supporting character or something).
But that's for a different discussion. I don't mean to steer this one off-topic.
B-wing Pilot - Jedi[/center]

Offline stevo502

Re: Walt Disney Company Acquires LucasFilm; Star Wars: Episode VII Set for 2015
« Reply #29 on: November 01, 2012, 06:53:13 AM »
Here's something cool coming out of the sale. Go George!

http://collider.com/george-lucas-lucasfilm-sale-charity/207790/

Tags: