Author Topic: It's a noob.... set for stun!  (Read 10604 times)

Offline Hoot

Re: It's a noob.... set for stun!
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2009, 06:46:27 PM »
Thanks again, guys.

I am also very interested in the Tie Pilot. Just not sure.... on one hand, the TK has always been the ultimate to me but it's a pretty complex costume and it's not like you can just have a seat anywhere. On the other hand, the pilot looks pretty cool and has a lot more freedom of mobility. Is there a way to sit in the TK for a bit w/o destroying it?

Mosi,

First welcome.  If flying is your cup of tea you should go here (<-Link) the Jolly Roger Squadron's (JRS) main site.  FYI: I am Hoot34 on the boards.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2009, 06:48:17 PM by Oomar Galor »
-Matthew

Offline Lufta Shif

« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2009, 06:56:09 PM »
Woohoo, more stormtroopers!   :D

Offline OldTonyKenobi

• Kashyyyk Base Member
  • I'm Old Ben before he lost all the weight. haha
  • Awards Trooped 25+ times
    • tonys kingdom of comics
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2009, 07:41:16 PM »
welcome Mosi, cant wait to meet/troop with you :D..............old tony kenobi
"now that's a name I haven't heard in a long time"

Offline Mosi

« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2009, 07:50:21 PM »
Okay, it's official... I have thunder thighs! I hooked up with Jason tonight and tried his armor out. My thighs are just a tad too big for the standard non-FX armor... the same with my calves. I quickly went to 5 Guys Burgers and Fries to drown my sorrow in a bacon cheeseburger  :mrgreen:

I hate to disappoint all of the TKs here, but I think I'm going to go with a pilot setup. Time to start shopping.... ugg!
pew pew

Offline Hoot

« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2009, 08:51:48 PM »
I hate to disappoint all of the TKs here, but I think I'm going to go with a pilot setup. Time to start shopping.... ugg!

Mosi,

As I said go to the JRS forum.  :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
-Matthew

Offline cojake

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2009, 07:35:25 PM »
Marc, it was nice to meet you.  Good luck with your TI Pilot build.  I wish I new more, but I am more of a Boba Fett expert.  There are a couple of pilots here who could probably help.  Jason
"It's all part of the therapy"
BH-4865  ESB Boba Fett

Offline Sithman

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2009, 08:13:11 PM »
If you'd like to sit,but still have a bit of armor there's also the tree dodgers to consider(AKA scout trooper)You can sit,run and have all sorts of fun,while still wearing mostly upper body armor and a flash helmet :mrgreen:
Nick
"Welcome to Cloud City!A safe place to hide from the Empire...."

"..Unless of course I turn you in!"

Offline Mosi

« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2009, 09:06:35 PM »
If you'd like to sit,but still have a bit of armor there's also the tree dodgers to consider(AKA scout trooper)You can sit,run and have all sorts of fun,while still wearing mostly upper body armor and a flash helmet :mrgreen:

I can see this as being an addiction because I was looking at the Scouts as well. When does it end? !! I think it would be WAY cool to do a Scout up in MARPAT Woodland (USMC pattern). I know it wouldn't be authorized, but dang it would be sweet!
« Last Edit: September 28, 2009, 10:09:31 AM by Mosi »
pew pew

Offline tavrikgannon

• The "International" 48 Hours of Bill
  • Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2009, 09:41:20 AM »
Official? No... but yeah, it would look pretty sweet. Just look at Daniel's all-metal scout... that thing was freakin' awesome!

Like Matt said, the JRS will have all of the information that you could possibly need. I have a pilot costume, so I can give you a hand, if you need. Just let me know, man!

- Bill
"In for a micron, in for a meter. No one makes a victim of folks I'm sworn to protect."

- Corran Horn

Offline Sithman

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2009, 07:48:13 PM »

I can see this as being an addiction because I was looking at the Scouts as well. When does it end? !! I think it would be WAY cool to do a Scout up in MARPAT Woodland (USMC pattern). I know it wouldn't be authorized, but dang it would be sweet!

Agreed,that would be too cool!You could always do that after getting your first outfit finished and approved,then have a little fun building a scout that actually blends into wilderness^^
Nick
"Welcome to Cloud City!A safe place to hide from the Empire...."

"..Unless of course I turn you in!"

Offline Mosi

« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2009, 09:11:17 PM »
Okay.. I'm ready to go I think. I was going to shine the helmet up a bit more after working on it all day AND take a lint roller to the flight suit to remove the fur from my Wookie cats, but the pics didn't pick that up so I think I will just submit tomorrow.

I bought a guy's Don Post Classic bucket, armor, and box off of Ebay and everything else is my doing (or buying). I spent about 25 hours this weekend installing a headliner, painting touch ups on the box, polishing, painting the comm link (thanks Matt), painting blasters, and running around for supplies.

I just have to get a good PA so I don't have to yell.

Hangar A or Hanger B? 

Hey you in the orange flight suit! I've got something for ya!
pew pew

Offline Mosi

« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2009, 09:20:01 PM »
Never mind.... I have to do another photo shoot because I forgot to take one with my helmet off. That will have to be tomorrow and maybe I can get some better lighting to actually show that I DO have pockets on my suit  :mrgreen:     .... it's pretty hard to show much detail when you are wearing all black.
pew pew

Offline cojake

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2009, 09:26:39 AM »
Looking good.  Make sure to take some good hi-res shots both front, back, and sides.  Then get a couple without your helmet.  Then you just wait for approval which can take a while (especially at the legion end) 
"It's all part of the therapy"
BH-4865  ESB Boba Fett

Offline tavrikgannon

• The "International" 48 Hours of Bill
  • Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2009, 09:30:59 AM »
It doesn't take that long, actually. The applicant sends in their information and a queue is generated for the GML to go take a look at the system, to see that there is a pending member.

Once the applicant is in the queue, and the GML has the pics to look over, the applicant can be approved right away. I was approved within 2 days.

The best advice is for applicant and GML to be in constant communication. That will decrease the time waiting for approval, drastically.

- Bill
"In for a micron, in for a meter. No one makes a victim of folks I'm sworn to protect."

- Corran Horn

Offline Hoot

« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2009, 04:41:57 PM »
I spent about 25 hours this weekend installing a headliner, painting touch ups on the box, polishing, painting the comm link (thanks Matt), painting blasters, and running around for supplies.

Again, no problem. I was happy to help.  :D :D
-Matthew

Tags: