Author Topic: Hello from the New England Garrison!  (Read 6307 times)

Ang

Hello from the New England Garrison!
« on: February 23, 2009, 05:42:03 PM »
 Hey Folks!

My name is Ang, ID/TR-6624, and I am here joining your boards as I'm planning a trip out to your neck of the woods. I've never been to the Pacific Northwest before so I'm pretty excited. 

Originally I was going to come check out a convention, but I don't think I can afford anything until later April/May as I'll be getting back from a trip to Florida in late March and need to recover.

The plan so far is to fly into Seattle, spend the weekend there, then take the train down to Portland to see a friend of mine there in which I will spend the remainder of my trip climbing active volcanoes, and fly out from there back to Providence.

I don't plan on bringing any costumes with me as I want to travel light when I fly, but if there are any events or something going on I'd love to drop in and lend a hand or just say hi.

Offline Pepito

• Cloud City Retired
  • His Royal Highness the Alien King
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Re: Hello from the New England Garrison!
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2009, 05:49:00 PM »
Sweet!

Pleasure to meet you, April/May is a pretty busy season for us, so I'm sure we can use an exrta slave spotter around to make sure our events go smoothly.

It's awesome out here on the west coast by the way, I'm sure you'll have a great time
Paul

Ang

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2009, 05:51:26 PM »
Well, part of the trip is to check out the area and see if it's worth moving to. I'm kinda sick of New England, and thanks to a divorce, I'm being cut free from it, so I plan to explore my options. I hear lots of good things about the PNW, so I figured I'd come check it out.

Offline sigmarue

• Kashyyyk Base Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2009, 05:56:28 PM »
Providence!!! I've got a friend at RISD!! :D

Ang

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2009, 05:57:55 PM »
Providence!!! I've got a friend at RISD!! :D

I live right across town from RISD, and work right next to it.  :mrgreen:

Offline Hoot

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2009, 06:08:38 PM »
Pleasure to meet you, April/May is a pretty busy season for us, so I'm sure we can use an exrta slave spotter around to make sure our events go smoothly.
Ang,

First welcome to the CCG boards. Second what Pepito meant to say was "slave spotter".  :wink: :wink: Can't wait to meet you.  :D
-Matthew

Ang

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2009, 06:14:11 PM »
In the NEG, we call them "wranglers".  :wink:

Thanks, I look forward to checking out the area.

Offline Aysel

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2009, 07:15:01 PM »
"wranglers" would be a good term except out here they are also a type of jeans...

and Welcome to the boards!

if we don't have any events happening when your out here (we do get very busy this time of year) we can always just meet up at some resturant, we've done that for other visitors.

and the idea of it being worth moving out here, dude, this is beautiful country out here, absolutely breath taking and some of the best skiing and hiking around.

Ang

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2009, 07:24:40 PM »
Skiing and hiking, lol. I've never been on a pair of skis in my life! I grew up in Tampa, Florida and have only been living up North where it snows since 2002. All I know is big cities and sea level.  8) I'm as East Coast as they come!

I am looking forward to doing some hiking though. I really like Earth sciences, so I'm pretty stoked about checking out Mount St. Helens and Co. while I'm there. My friend Kalera who I'm staying with in Portland seems pretty adamant on showing me around in such a limited time.

But yeah, event or not, I think an evening with a dinner and a couple of drinks should definitely be in order. I'll see if I can acquire a stack of NEG or SP patches for the occasion.

Offline grumpydevil

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2009, 08:15:34 PM »
Hey Ang,

Great to have you on the boards! I visited the NEG members Lori, Scott, Bob and Drew last year when I came to Bahstin for a design conference! Definitely let us know when you come into town! :D

-Kyle
"The EVO troopers were one of the Empire's most specialized stormtroopers."

Offline SpitFireScout

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2009, 09:13:15 PM »
sounds like you could like Portland and Seattle alot. I lived in downtown Portland for 3 years and my brother lives in Seattle, both great cities, lots to see. have a blast and safe travels mate!
Daniel Burgess TK5308<br /><br />Full Metal Scout; for honor, for glory, for extra rations!

Offline Aysel

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2009, 09:48:59 PM »
I'm not much for skiing either, much too cold, but the hiking (and then if you do get out to the coast) the beaches are great sights too see, also the Columbia River Gorge, especially if you like earth sciences the basalt outcroppings will interest you

Offline sigmarue

• Kashyyyk Base Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2009, 10:05:51 PM »
When you're in Seattle, you should go see the EMP/Sci-Fi museum. It's worth the trip.

Offline tavrikgannon

• The "International" 48 Hours of Bill
  • Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2009, 10:52:36 AM »
Hey "fearless leader", good to see you on our boards, here in CCG. Definitely let us know when you get to town and we will put some sort of welcoming party together. I'm always down to hang out with other Legion members.

Like everyone else said, I think you will like what you find here, in Oregon. It has a lot to offer. Besides, Jonah is up in Seattle, and he would just drive you crazy.  :mrgreen:

Come down here, we will have Wookiee Cookies for you! *note to anyone, make some Wookiee Cookies for Ang when she comes to town...

Keep in touch!

- Bill
"In for a micron, in for a meter. No one makes a victim of folks I'm sworn to protect."

- Corran Horn

Offline TD-8821

« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2009, 11:06:56 AM »
hello and hope to see/troop with you soon....at the end of may is our starlight parade, maybe you could join us then??
Look sir,droids!!!!
Rob...
TD-8821
CCG,MEPD officer,

Tags: