Author Topic: Starlight Accomplished!  (Read 8446 times)

Offline Daverian

Starlight Accomplished!
« on: June 03, 2007, 07:34:38 AM »
That was great! Thanks to all of the spotters! Job well done!! :D :wink:

Offline Bskull

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Re: Starlight Accomplished!
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2007, 08:17:35 AM »
Yep. Even though I'm completely sore, I would like to thank everyone for their hard work, dedication, and advice given to me. I really had a fun and enjoyable time. :)

Looks like a long way down.

Offline Sith1299

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2007, 11:59:43 AM »
Ok...Well I have to offer my apologies to everyone in the parade!! Sorry that I "pooped" out right at the last stretch!! With some tech. difficulties and the way I mounted my fan in my helmet... I thought I could pull over into the crowd behind them on the side walk and adjust my helmet, thats when some guy in the crowd decided to give me a shove and nearly knocked me down.  Luckly another person help catch my fall. 

I feel like I let all you guys down at the very end!! My bad...40 lashes for Vader!!  Please let me still troop and not do toilet duties!! :mrgreen:

Everyone looked awesome and was proud to walk with all of you! Thanks for the great spotters too!  See you at next event(if I'm still invited)

Michael
Michael SL 6899

"I find your lack of faith disturbing"

Offline Ancient Fan

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2007, 12:16:31 PM »
.. I thought I could pull over into the crowd behind them on the side walk and adjust my helmet, thats when some guy in the crowd decided to give me a shove and nearly knocked me down. 
Michael

Michael buddy, you have nothing to be sorry for - you looked great, the crowd loved you, even the newscasters were calling out for you! I am sorry that we missed the fool who acted out so we could have helped. Thanks for your sister spotting for you and an audience member who happened to be there to catch you! We all appreciate the extra effort it takes to be Vader in this parade, thank YOU for being there!

- Phil
Phil / ID 7538

Imperial Doorman

Offline Stomper

• Cloud City Retired
  • OLD IMPERIAL GOON
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2007, 05:48:42 PM »
Yeah no worries Michael, that's a tough costume to march in with the heat turned up like it was!  Next year we'll slap a light-weight Rubies' Supreme Vader-bucket on you and NOBODY in the crowd will know the difference!  It's what Barry had to do, and it helped him not to pass out!!  :D
Tony Krewson
TK/TD-4063
SIC SEMPER EVELLO MORTEM TYRANNIS
MOLON LABE

Offline Quick2

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2007, 06:13:45 PM »
Thank you all ...and you know who you are.. :D.. We loved being apart of this Parade with you.    You guys at the CCG really make Karyn and I feel part of your Family,.. Even if we are Rebel Legion.. We feel part of the CCG as Supporters and friends.      We are happy with all the folks new and ones we met at the OMSI troop.  Thank you for including us.     You guys always make great Memories we wont ever forget.  Peace, Allan and Karyn
Allan Quick

Offline Stomper

• Cloud City Retired
  • OLD IMPERIAL GOON
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2007, 06:27:08 PM »
The sentiments are quite mutual, as you two are terrific to troop with and are both welcome in "CCG land" ANY time !!!  :D
Tony Krewson
TK/TD-4063
SIC SEMPER EVELLO MORTEM TYRANNIS
MOLON LABE

Offline TD-8821

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2007, 07:25:34 PM »
Man you guys are AWESOME :mrgreen: i apologize to you guys for not introducing myself to you all but i was in such awe i felt like a kid in a candy store all i can say is WOW and how glad to be a part of you guys and the garrison if all i can do for now is just spot!!
Look sir,droids!!!!
Rob...
TD-8821
CCG,MEPD officer,

Offline doug8421

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2007, 12:37:55 AM »
I have to throw my thanks in as well. This Maul had a great time even though I kinda looked like I was mascara this morning. I am hooked for good now!  :mrgreen:

Knaves

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2007, 02:31:02 AM »
Last night was great fun even if my velcro gave out and I looked like crap compaired to the rest of you guys, haha, I just know that waiting to do snaps is a dumb idea if youre first event is a parade.
I'm glad I was able to meet who I did and I wish I could have met more of you guys. Cloud City is a great group and all of you were very friendly, pleasent and helpful. I'm already looking forward to trooping again, I just have to make sure Bill isn't in armor and has the duct tape handy. And thank you Rob for letting me barrow your BFG, I'm going to have to get my own now after carrying that one.

Offline tavrikgannon

• The "International" 48 Hours of Bill
  • Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2007, 02:48:28 AM »
I see how it is.... Bill is the new CCG spotter. Well, you are welcome. At first I was kind of bummed at not being able to suit up, but in hindsight I'm glad that I was able to spot and help out that way. Like I told you last night my armor fell apart last year. It was my first set of TIE armor that I slapped together with velcro. I didn't think there would be a problem in it. Just think of this a an initiation into the fold... hehehehe. So we know that velcro isn't what it is cracked up to be. At least it didn't rain this year like it did last. Ever try to keep velcro together when it is wet??? Yeah, it is a major pain.

But like I said, there are plenty of people here that can help you out with putting the armor together with a snap system. I'd help you, but I've never tackled a full set of armor. Putting TIE armor together is a far cry different than that of any other armor set.

And to all who thanked the spotters for their help...... you are welcome! ( so says the 48 Hours of Bill)

And Ara, thanks for after-parade get together. The taco dinner was much appreciated!
"In for a micron, in for a meter. No one makes a victim of folks I'm sworn to protect."

- Corran Horn

Offline Wilson Kaine

• Kashyyyk Base Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2007, 09:02:09 AM »
To all my new brothers and sisters of the force, I just wanted to say "THANK YOU" , that was a dream come true for me to be a part of your group and march with you in the parade. This was my VERYFIRST EVER trooping event, and I cant wait until the next one.

Im sorry if I annoyed some of you by asking alot of questions and wanting pictures, but I was in awe of everyone in their gear. I was a kid again seeing real life Stormtroopers!!!!.

But back to reality, Seriously I had a great time, and met some great people and made some new friends. Thanks again for having me and letting me into your circle, It was exciting watching the magic that you guys create .

I hope you will allow me to do it again.

Sincerely

Kevin Woodman
"Jedi Wilson Kaine"
Kevin
Soon, My journey towards the Dark Side will be COMPLETE!!!

Offline My Only Fettish

• Cloud City Member
  • Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2007, 09:39:20 AM »
Hey everyone!  I'm glad I made the drive to troop this event.  Even though I think I sweated more this weekend than I have in months, it was still fun!   :lol:  It was good to meet some new people and spend a little time with those of you I already know.  Thanks to everyone who showed me their clone armor and gave me advice on mine--I'm ready to get back to work on it!  :) 
Theresa
BH 2828

Offline ceric

« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2007, 10:52:02 AM »
WoW! That was a lot of fun. Thanks to EVERYONE for making the parade enjoyable. Everyone looked great, acted great, and WE looked great on TV.
A BIG Thank You to all the Spotters, photo takers, and CCG. I love how we all can work together to enjoy making people happy.
A Huge Thank You to CCG for the donation for Lucas. He's doing great and will be able to go home soon.
Thanks for the memories.
Thanks for all of your support, thoughts, and prayers!
-Eric
Solo

Cynicus

« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2007, 03:39:00 PM »
I must admit, for a first trooping experience I couldnt have asked for better. Even though I was the only Imperial "Chef" marching, the pilots made me feel downright accepted. And I think that the most valuable lesson I learned from the whole thing is this:

Chewbacca gets ALL the play.

Besides the fact that he's a hit with all the ladies, I think "CHEWIE!" is one of the easiest things to scream when you're drunk.

Anyway, had fun, thanks to Tony, thanks to Bill for keeping Knaves together thanks to everyone else for not making too much fun of my outfit (to my face). Hope to do it again!

Tags: