Author Topic: Starlight Accomplished!  (Read 8447 times)

Offline guyactor

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Re: Starlight Accomplished!
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2007, 05:25:18 PM »
More photos added June 4th - Pgs. 8 & 9.

Danawheels

« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2007, 06:06:49 PM »
Thanks all for making my first parade experience a grand one! I noticed that once the camera was done focusing on Vader, the cameraman focused on me and Chewie (my service dog) until we were well past him. Also, I heard the parade was shown up here in Seattle, if we'd known earlier we could have recorded it... did ANYONE record it, so we can get a copy?

Was not bothered by Security at all due to the dog, even though he wasn't dressed. Was totally ignored actually, which is the way I like it.

I can't remember my spotter's name, but she did a great job in keeping kids back from trying to pet Chewie. Only happened once, but there were about 5 of them, and poor Chewie would have freaked. He did great for his first parade too. I AM going to dress him up as Chewbacca next year, as this is an informal event (isn't it, Ara?), and maybe THAT will keep the kids away from him, or maybe the opposite. Chewie seemed to be enjoying himself, held a perfect heel, and acted like a service dog is supposed to act. He totally ignored everything! I was so proud of him!

Me, I got really hot in my Jedi robes, and my right hand/wrist isn't feeling so good, carrying my heavy lightsabre two miles. *grin* Oh, Ara, my wheelchair only went down to the yellow lights (3 green lights) on the battery gadge, so I was still going strong after the parade.

Any of you guys coming up for the Torchlight Parade in I think, August? That's a 4 mile parade.

Dana/Tatiana

Offline Stomper

• Cloud City Retired
  • OLD IMPERIAL GOON
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2007, 07:00:28 PM »
I must admit, for a first trooping experience I couldnt have asked for better. Even though I was the only Imperial "Chef" marching, the pilots made me feel downright accepted. And I think that the most valuable lesson I learned from the whole thing is this:

Chewbacca gets ALL the play.

Besides the fact that he's a hit with all the ladies, I think "CHEWIE!" is one of the easiest things to scream when you're drunk.

Anyway, had fun, thanks to Tony, thanks to Bill for keeping Knaves together thanks to everyone else for not making too much fun of my outfit (to my face). Hope to do it again!

Aww c'mon, nobody was talking about you as far as you know!!  :wink: :P :mrgreen:
« Last Edit: June 04, 2007, 07:52:56 PM by Stomper »
Tony Krewson
TK/TD-4063
SIC SEMPER EVELLO MORTEM TYRANNIS
MOLON LABE

Offline Pepito

• Cloud City Retired
  • His Royal Highness the Alien King
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2007, 07:41:59 PM »
Thanks everyone, this was the most fun of had in a while. I can't wait to put the bucket on and start trooping again.  I'll even try to sleep the night before next time :)
Paul

Offline Ancient Fan

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2007, 08:21:30 PM »

Did anyone Tivo or record the parade?? Can we get copies??

Thanks  :D
Phil / ID 7538

Imperial Doorman

Knaves

« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2007, 10:31:50 PM »

Did anyone Tivo or record the parade?? Can we get copies??

Thanks  :D

My parents recorded the parade on their DVD recorder. I don't think we have the fancy equipment to edit it though to take out the commercials or just get the scene we're in. If anyone can do it I can try and get a copy to them so they can do it.

I must admit, for a first trooping experience I couldnt have asked for better. Even though I was the only Imperial "Chef" marching, the pilots made me feel downright accepted. And I think that the most valuable lesson I learned from the whole thing is this:

Chewbacca gets ALL the play.

Besides the fact that he's a hit with all the ladies, I think "CHEWIE!" is one of the easiest things to scream when you're drunk.

Anyway, had fun, thanks to Tony, thanks to Bill for keeping Knaves together thanks to everyone else for not making too much fun of my outfit (to my face). Hope to do it again!

Aww c'mon, nobody was talking about you as far as you know!!  :wink: :P :mrgreen:

What are you talking about Tony? You were making fun of him to his face, haha.  :mrgreen:
« Last Edit: June 04, 2007, 10:33:53 PM by Knaves »

Offline Pepito

• Cloud City Retired
  • His Royal Highness the Alien King
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2007, 10:44:41 PM »

My parents recorded the parade on their DVD recorder. I don't think we have the fancy equipment to edit it though to take out the commercials or just get the scene we're in. If anyone can do it I can try and get a copy to them so they can do it.

If you want to get me a copy, I can clean it up and de commercial it.
Paul

Knaves

« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2007, 11:16:24 PM »

If you want to get me a copy, I can clean it up and de commercial it.

Sure thing! I'll ask my dad if he can make a copy of it tomorrow.

Offline tavrikgannon

• The "International" 48 Hours of Bill
  • Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2007, 12:24:12 AM »
Thad aka Thulium recorded it off of his on-demand....... I'm sure if we all send him lots and lots of useless correspondence, then he might get the wild hair to make copies. Just as soon as he figures out how to do it in a productive manner.  :roll:
"In for a micron, in for a meter. No one makes a victim of folks I'm sworn to protect."

- Corran Horn

Cynicus

« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2007, 09:55:37 PM »

Totally, Tony, where do you think I got my chef theme? I suppose I should thank you for that one, so... thanks!

Offline Stomper

• Cloud City Retired
  • OLD IMPERIAL GOON
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2007, 10:19:07 PM »
LOL... hey, I'm only here to help!!  :wink: :P
Tony Krewson
TK/TD-4063
SIC SEMPER EVELLO MORTEM TYRANNIS