Author Topic: New shadow trooper! (now with photos)  (Read 26860 times)

Knaves

Re: New shadow trooper! (now with photos)
« Reply #45 on: May 16, 2007, 05:46:24 PM »

Plus I won't look like a shiny, black blob in photos... WOOT!!  :P

are you saying i look like a blob? huh?

haha but that armor looks pretty slick, it's going to be hard to decide on what my next kit will be.

Offline Ilovesanddirt

« Reply #46 on: May 16, 2007, 05:54:10 PM »
LOL... the only rude awakening will be when I step out from the shadows UNSEEN (from no sheen) and scare you into peeing in your shiny armor!!  :mrgreen:

Plus I won't look like a shiny, black blob in photos... WOOT!!  :P

LOL!  Are you calling me a fat blob?  :lol:  I look sweet in photos bruddah!!! :twisted:

Offline Bskull

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: May 16, 2007, 06:33:57 PM »
Nice costume. I look forward to meeting you personally. :wink:

Looks like a long way down.

Offline Ilovesanddirt

Re: New shadow trooper!
« Reply #48 on: May 16, 2007, 06:42:23 PM »

Kurt,

You GOTTA post those pics on the Spec Ops Detachment Site now!!!  Those are sweet pics!  Plus we gotta show that the TXs are superiorly represented in CCG!(Your future garrison)  :wink:

Knaves

« Reply #49 on: May 16, 2007, 07:32:17 PM »
Thank you, I look forward to meeting all of you guys in person.

I took your advice and went and started a thread over there Rob. I should have done it awhile ago though, lol.

Offline Stomper

• Cloud City Retired
  • OLD IMPERIAL GOON
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: May 16, 2007, 08:14:27 PM »
LOL.. Kurt's is more shinereyyy,.. (Whatever) than yours... you polish that thing with a chocolate bar or something?  :mrgreen:

Actually, I'd get me a set of that stuff if I could get a kit that had a TE/AP style bucket, and not the FX bucket.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2007, 08:20:08 PM by Stomper »
Tony Krewson
TK/TD-4063
SIC SEMPER EVELLO MORTEM TYRANNIS
MOLON LABE

Offline Ilovesanddirt

« Reply #51 on: May 16, 2007, 09:07:50 PM »
Actually, I'd get me a set of that stuff if I could get a kit that had a TE/AP style bucket, and not the FX bucket.

You can!!  I heard there was someone doing an AP/RT type bucket.  Could you even get your noggin in a TE2?  :lol:  The funny thing about Kurt's shiny armor is that his is from there SUPER glossy new abs when mine is from the NOT so glossy old abs.   :oops:  Dave and I were talking about what we should do besides have Kurt not stand next to us.  :mrgreen:

Knaves

« Reply #52 on: May 17, 2007, 02:55:30 PM »

You can!!  I heard there was someone doing an AP/RT type bucket.  Could you even get your noggin in a TE2?  :lol:  The funny thing about Kurt's shiny armor is that his is from there SUPER glossy new abs when mine is from the NOT so glossy old abs.   :oops:  Dave and I were talking about what we should do besides have Kurt not stand next to us.  :mrgreen:
Fine I wont stand by you guys if you're going to be like that.....i'll just go and stand off by myself....actually probably stand with the cheap donkey named Shane that's decided to only get an officers uniform, haha.

Offline Bskull

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: May 17, 2007, 08:08:44 PM »
Hey man, I think you look great. It takes quite a bit of skill to attempt such a thing and I think you got a good costume there. I look forward to seeing you around. :)

Looks like a long way down.

Offline guyactor

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: May 17, 2007, 08:29:55 PM »
IF Vader wasn't Vader, he'd be one of these! Fantastic..... :shock: :shock:

Offline Daverian

« Reply #55 on: May 17, 2007, 11:34:46 PM »
HooooYahhhhh!!!!

Knaves

« Reply #56 on: May 18, 2007, 02:06:25 AM »
I'm eventually going to take some pictures with my voice changer vader helmet on because I hear a lot of shadow guys get called darth vader, lol.

Thanks for the compliment really means a lot. Like I said over at the detachment threads I like getting complimented because then I know I didn't screw my first kit up that bad, lol.

Man thats a sick looking minigun, when I was leaning towards arc trooper I was planning on trying to build one for that. I heard someone put a drill motor in theirs to spin the barrel, I was hoping to try and attempt that.

Offline grumpydevil

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: May 18, 2007, 05:55:30 AM »
HooooYahhhhh!!!!

:shock:  :shock:  :shock:    Awesome, Dave!
"The EVO troopers were one of the Empire's most specialized stormtroopers."

Offline Stomper

• Cloud City Retired
  • OLD IMPERIAL GOON
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: May 18, 2007, 06:32:19 AM »
HooooYahhhhh!!!!

LOL... I think someone is "over compensating" for something ..... just weeeee bit!!  :mrgreen:

Seriously, that is AWESOME!!  Does the barrel rotate and how heavy is that?  Would you like to borrow a black pauldron for the parade?
Tony Krewson
TK/TD-4063
SIC SEMPER EVELLO MORTEM TYRANNIS
MOLON LABE

Offline Daverian

« Reply #59 on: May 18, 2007, 07:41:12 AM »
I built the minigun to be light weight. It did spin for about 15 minutes, until I burned the motor out. I am not good with figuring out power issues. I guess it was too much of a load for the toy truck motor I used. I actually thought about a  drill motor, but couldn't figure out the power issue. I was thinking light weight and something that could run for hours if needed. If anybody knows about such things, I am all ears! It actually looks better now that I added more hoses and things....

Rob lent me some pauldrons to check out. A grey one and a black one. The black one is thicker. I still haven't decided which one to buy.

Tags: