Author Topic: New shadow trooper! (now with photos)  (Read 26870 times)

Offline tavrikgannon

• The "International" 48 Hours of Bill
  • Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Re: New shadow trooper!
« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2007, 12:53:34 PM »
Welcome to the garrison's boards, Shane and Kurtis. The TX are becoming quite popular around these parts. I will be doing the Storm Commando (someday). I look forward to seeing your progress on the costume.

- 48 Hours of Bill  :mrgreen:
"In for a micron, in for a meter. No one makes a victim of folks I'm sworn to protect."

- Corran Horn

Knaves

« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2007, 10:02:34 PM »
I'm almost done putting everything together. I need to finish the legs and I'm waiting on my neck seal. The the last thing I need is a new brow for my helmet. I had to reajust my helmet and so my brow is all messed up, I'm not sure what I should use though. I've been looking at insolation and I bought some but it was crap. Any ideas?
Also I got Shane's uniform in the mail yesterday, I had to have it sent to my house because I forgot to write down his address before I went to pay for it, lol.

Knaves

« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2007, 10:09:10 PM »
Welcome to the garrison's boards, Shane and Kurtis. The TX are becoming quite popular around these parts. I will be doing the Storm Commando (someday). I look forward to seeing your progress on the costume.

- 48 Hours of Bill  :mrgreen:

Thanks for the welcome! And to who ever welcomed me, lol. I've been sick the last week and thus i've put off armor assembling and stuff...so the forum slipped my mind, haha. Hopefully I can get some pictures up by the end of the week or begining of next week.

Offline tavrikgannon

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: May 02, 2007, 04:08:37 PM »
As far as the brow stuff, I think you can go to Home Depot. Go back in the window weatherization/insulation section. That is where I would check or ebay.
"In for a micron, in for a meter. No one makes a victim of folks I'm sworn to protect."

- Corran Horn

Offline xrayman

• Cloud City Retired
    • Skullworx.com
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2007, 08:46:48 PM »
It's neoprene self adhesive insulation, Knaves.
Shoot for the same size - if you're able, bring a sample for those yahoos at HD or Lowes - they should have it in stock by the cabinet hardware and should be able to lead you right to it.
Scot
TK5108 (retired)

Knaves

« Reply #35 on: May 10, 2007, 06:21:49 PM »
It's neoprene self adhesive insulation, Knaves.
Shoot for the same size - if you're able, bring a sample for those yahoos at HD or Lowes - they should have it in stock by the cabinet hardware and should be able to lead you right to it.

Thanks for the tip! I went a head and threw down too much money for the mesh/brow combo and got it in the mail the day I saw the post, lol. But I figured I would save on my girlfriend gas money and buying full packs of both, I hope I'm right, haha. But next time I need a replacement or anything I know what to look for and by then will probably want to invest in a full pack. Thanks again!

Offline tavrikgannon

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: May 14, 2007, 11:44:05 PM »
Should you ever need any screen meshing for the frown I have plenty of that. Just let me know and I will get you squared away.

- Corran Horn

Knaves

« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2007, 07:39:34 PM »
Should you ever need any screen meshing for the frown I have plenty of that. Just let me know and I will get you squared away.
thanks for the heads up. at the moment I think I may need a ab button though, lol. I made two of the holes too big and they keep popping out, when I was wearing it today I lost one in the yard i'm pretty sure. I'll have to go sift through the grass.

I did get a couple of photos. I'm not done with my legs and the bicepts don't fit all that great at the moment. Also one of my ammo pouch rivets came undone today, i'll be fixing that soon along with shaving, lol. 

« Last Edit: May 15, 2007, 07:49:01 PM by Knaves »

Offline Stomper

• Cloud City Retired
  • OLD IMPERIAL GOON
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Re: New shadow trooper! (now with photos)
« Reply #38 on: May 15, 2007, 08:32:18 PM »
SCHWING!!  Getting closer!!
Tony Krewson
TK/TD-4063
SIC SEMPER EVELLO MORTEM TYRANNIS
MOLON LABE

Offline Ilovesanddirt

« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2007, 09:31:55 PM »
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO  Shiney!!!!!!!  :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Offline DoubleTap

• The officer formerly known as wsco911
  • Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2007, 11:57:34 PM »
Alright, I guess we will let you play with us :wink:  It looks good, hope to see you at Starlight.
Jim TK 1747
Smell Rob's finger.

Offline Daverian

« Reply #41 on: May 16, 2007, 06:47:06 AM »
That high gloss ABS is awesome!!

Offline Stomper

• Cloud City Retired
  • OLD IMPERIAL GOON
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: May 16, 2007, 05:00:05 PM »
Matte black is MORE awesomer!! (it won't show all the smudges and finger prints that WILL get all over it!!)  :mrgreen:

Tony Krewson
TK/TD-4063
MOLON LABE

Offline Ilovesanddirt

« Reply #43 on: May 16, 2007, 05:02:02 PM »
That looks cool but not like shiny black.  Sorry for the rude awakening.  :mrgreen: :wink:

Offline Stomper

• Cloud City Retired
  • OLD IMPERIAL GOON
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: May 16, 2007, 05:12:25 PM »
LOL... the only rude awakening will be when I step out from the shadows UNSEEN (from no sheen) and scare you into peeing in your shiny armor!!  :mrgreen:

Plus I won't look like a shiny, black blob in photos... WOOT!!  :P
Tony Krewson
TK/TD-4063
MOLON LABE

Tags: