Author Topic: New shadow trooper! (now with photos)  (Read 26877 times)

Knaves

New shadow trooper! (now with photos)
« on: April 09, 2007, 09:12:50 PM »
Hi there, my name is Kurtis Trimbo and for the last year and a half to two years I've trying decide what kind of armor I wanted to get. First it was scout trooper, then clone trooper, then scout trooper again, then stormtrooper, then rebel commando, then imperial officer and then finally I came across a set of shadow trooper armor and decided thats what I was going to get. So my first armor kit should be coming in the mail soon and I'm filled with excitement and anticipation! Tonight I'll be ordering the rest of my stuff (neck seal, mic, so on)
Um I suppose I can put a bit out there about me. I'm currently attending Clark College up here in Vancouver and work part time at the campus daycare. Star Wars has always been apart of my life and still is. I'm a avid star wars figure collector especially of clone and imperial troops. Other then that I dunno, if you have any questions just go ahead and shoot.
Thanks for your time
-Kurtis
« Last Edit: May 15, 2007, 07:46:22 PM by Knaves »

Offline FireStorm

• Cloud City Retired
  • Shoeless Duke Rufus!!
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Re: New shadow trooper!
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2007, 10:00:22 PM »
Welcome Kurtis, I am glad you came over here to say hello.  You are going to love Cloud City!

Make sure you touch base with Rob, aka ilovesanddirt, he knows what it is like to be a Shadow Trooper (all the dark color and none of the weathering)!

WELCOME!!!
FireStorm aka Martin Vavra
Mjolnir
"It's easy shooting Ewoks...you just don't lead them as much!"

Offline Ilovesanddirt

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2007, 10:26:27 PM »
Welcome Kurtis!  PM sent!

YES, another soon to be Spec Ops TX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Offline Zolotkey

• Cloud City Retired
  • Twitter anyone?
    • Imperial Base
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2007, 04:26:25 AM »
Welcome to Cloud City. Glad to see a fellow Vancouver person in the garrison. I do have to ask since you collect, do you listen to the Force-cast with Jason and Pete?

btw driving to work on 205. and Dave says hi.
Nick Z
ID/TK-2516 Retired
Sr QA Engineer

Offline Daverian

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2007, 07:12:52 AM »
I will be working on my TX soon as well!!!   Welcome to the family!!   :D

Offline Ancient Fan

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2007, 06:34:31 PM »

Kurtis, welcome to the CCG - great group of people and a lot of fun!

Welcome to Cloud City. Glad to see a fellow Vancouver person in the garrison. I do have to ask since you collect, do you listen to the Force-cast with Jason and Pete?

btw driving to work on 205. and Dave says hi.

Hey Nick Z - went through PDX yesterday lugging CCG business cards for you again - didn't see you at either the north or south security. Doubt you'll be there when I come back late Thursday night sooo, will have to try it again another time!

Phil
Phil / ID 7538

Imperial Doorman

Offline Zolotkey

• Cloud City Retired
  • Twitter anyone?
    • Imperial Base
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2007, 07:26:05 PM »
Hmm.. Too bad you couldnt leave the cards with my supervisor. :(
Nick Z
ID/TK-2516 Retired
Sr QA Engineer

Offline Ancient Fan

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2007, 04:27:06 AM »
Hmm.. Too bad you couldnt leave the cards with my supervisor. :(

I didn't find the supervisory people to be too "approachable" when I tried to do just that at the north desk.

Phil
Phil / ID 7538

Imperial Doorman

Knaves

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2007, 04:54:53 PM »
Thank you guys all for the warm welcome! I've talked to Martin, Rob and Scot briefly and I couldn't be happier to join this garrison. From what I've read around these boards you guys are all great. I'm excited to do something like this with such a great group of people.

-FireStorm
I'm fine with the all black and no weathering for the moment. But it just means I'll be weathering the hell out of my next set, lol. Also thanks for the info, ever so helpful.

-Ilovesanddirt
Thanks for the info over the PMs I already went and picked up some velcro, getting reading for the package, lol. Still need to pick up a few things though.

-Zolotkey
I haven't listened to them for awhile actually, last time I looked at had 7 podcasts to listen to, lol, I just haven't had the time to listen them or when I do I forget. If you don't mind me asking where abouts in Vancouver do you live?

-Daverian
That is awesome what kind of TX are you working on? Shadow/Stealth or Storm Commando?? It's really cool that this garrison has more than one or two TX, lol, looking around the 501st site it seems like most garrisons have between 0 and 2 if I'm not mistaken. 

-Ancient Fan
Thank you for the welcome and I know I will have a lot of fun with you guys.

Also! I'm in the process of getting my friend an Imperial officers uniform and I may have talked another friend in to joining too. So at least one more member will be joining soon.

Offline Ilovesanddirt

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2007, 04:58:41 PM »
-Daverian
That is awesome what kind of TX are you working on? Shadow/Stealth or Storm Commando?? It's really cool that this garrison has more than one or two TX, lol, looking around the 501st site it seems like most garrisons have between 0 and 2 if I'm not mistaken. 

Dave is doing a Shadow/Stealth like you, me and Bill E.!!!  Hell yeah!!!!  Stealths lead the way, all the way!

Offline Daverian

« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2007, 05:20:30 PM »
Oh yeah!! ...Fall in boys!, Set em up and kick em down!!   HooYah!!  :twisted:

Offline Ancient Fan

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2007, 05:37:00 PM »

Dave is doing a Shadow/Stealth like you, me and Bill E.!!!  Hell yeah!!!!  Stealths lead the way, all the way!

Hmmm, given the characters in this assemblage, seems more like "Shady Troopers"  :D :lol: :D :lol: :D

Phil / ID 7538

Imperial Doorman

Knaves

« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2007, 05:39:10 PM »

Hmmm, given the characters in this assemblage, seems more like "Shady Troopers"  :D :lol: :D :lol: :D

Rob told me that I could get the velcro at home depot and my friend and I were having trouble finding it, my friend jokingly said something along the lines of "he lied to you" and I replied "no way he's a shadow trooper" my friend then said "exactly you can never trust a shadow trooper" lol. I did eventually find the velcro though, lol.

Offline Ilovesanddirt

« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2007, 06:06:12 PM »
I did eventually find the velcro though, lol.

Heck yeah you did!  Never leave a fellow Stealth behind!  Remember "Who always has your back?"

Quote from: Ancient Fan
Hmmm, given the characters in this assemblage, seems more like "Shady Troopers"

LOL!!  EXACTELY!!!!!!  Shady but Loyal!!!!  :twisted:

Offline Zolotkey

• Cloud City Retired
  • Twitter anyone?
    • Imperial Base
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2007, 09:26:13 PM »