Author Topic: 09.07-09.18: SPOTTER SIGNUPS for Rose City Comic Con - Portland  (Read 10703 times)

Offline carpe mindiem

CHECK THE NEXT POST FOR THE OVERALL INFO ABOUT THIS EVENT!

ARRIVAL/BADGE PICKUP INSTRUCTIONS
Now that we have your attention, here's what you need to know.  :afro:
  • There will be bag checks/metal detectors at convention center (not exhibit hall) entrances--outside the main doors. Expect lines. Plan your time accordingly. If you already have your pass and it's an Exhibitor one, you can go through the VIP line.
  • If your first day working the con with us is Saturday, pick up your passes from Judy in the morning. She will be available from about 7:45am on. FIRST, get yourself to the D/E lobby area. THEN, text (calls are hard to hear) her at 503-939-6224 and she'll meet you with your pass. You can also text Missy (503-939-4753) if you have trouble getting in touch with Judy.

SIGNUPS FOR DISCOUNTED TICKETS HAVE ENDED

8/26/18 - Current news/updates:
If you signed up for discounted tickets, pay for them now (before Monday, September 3 at the very latest). If we don't receive your payment by then, you will not receive a ticket through SWO.

TICKET PRICES
Costs are figured based on the days you're signed up to work at our booth.
  $16 for Friday
  $18 for Saturday
  $16 for Sunday
  $32 for Friday and Sunday
  $34 for Saturday and Sunday
  $40 for the weekend

Pay via PayPal here: https://www.paypal.com/pools/c/87gCrVS6s5
You can also Venmo me @Mindie-Mosiman

Info about ticket pickup will be provided the week of the con. Hang tight for those details!

Who owes what:
AJ - Sat - $18
Alex C - Weekend - $40
Anne - Sat/Sun - $34
Barclay - Fri - $16
Brian Pf - Weekend - $40
Cam - Weekend - $40
Casey H - Sat - $18
Charlie - Sat/Sun - $34
Chris J - Weekend - $40
Cliff (MM) - Sat - $18
Connor - Weekend - $40
Daren - Weekend - $40
Delaney - Fri/Sun - $32
Greg M - Sat - $18
Harry - Fri - $16
Heather - Fri - $16
Heidi B - Weekend - $40
Ian - Weekend - $40
Jason R - Sat - $18
Jim P - Sat/Sun - $34
Josh B - Weekend - $40
Josh S - Weekend - $40
Judy - Weekend - $40
Katie K - Sat - $18
Kay - Fri - $16
Lee - Weekend - $40
Leslie - Sat/Sun - $34
Luke - Weekend - $40
Macy - Sat/Sun - $34
Madison - Weekend - $40
Marc - Weekend - $40
Mark J - Sat/Sun - $34
Mark Sharp (MM) - Weekend - $40
Marnie - Sat/Sun - $34
Mindie - Weekend - $40
Missy - Weekend - $40
Patrick - Fri/Sun - $32
Rain - Fri - $16
Ralph - Sat/Sun - $34
Rat - Weekend - $40
Ryan - Sat/Sun - $34
Ryan's wife - Sat - $18
Scott T - Weekend - $40
Stags - Sat/Sun - $34
Steve S - Sat/Sun - $34
Tom B - Weekend - $40
Tyler - Weekend - $40
Val - Sat/Sun - $34

ADDITIONAL SHIFT SIGNUPS
- Limits are now lifted. Anyone who wants to sign up for any additional line control/photographer shifts is now welcome to do so.
- Here's a link to the schedule:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14GCfCn1tD7dZVIlpET39-QJjnPlRryRSEXUPhoBe_8I/edit?usp=sharing

To sign up for shifts, reply to this thread with the hours you want to work each day.

I'll add people to the schedule in the order that they reply here. The schedule spreadsheet itself will not be editable.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2018, 09:07:05 PM by carpe mindiem »

Offline carpe mindiem

Re: 09.07-09.18: SPOTTER SIGNUPS for Rose City Comic Con - Portland
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2018, 03:00:17 PM »
Attention SWO Spotters:
Rose City ComicCon is coming up next month and we wanted to alert you that we will be looking for some help at this year's event.  We will be offering discounted tickets to helpers who volunteer at our booth.   

Here are some details:

WHAT IS ROSE CITY COMICCON (RCCC)??
RCCC is Portland's premier pop-culture event, Rose City Comic Con is produced locally with a focus on creating a fun and friendly event for everyone!  Here's the event website if you want more info:  https://rosecitycomiccon.com/

WHEN IS RCCC?
RCCC is a three-day event again in 2018. Convention floor hours:
- Friday, September 7: 1pm-8pm
- Saturday, September 8: 10am-7pm
- Sunday, September 9: 10am-5pm
*Expect the show floor to open an hour early each day for VIPs. We will not fully staff our booth during that extra hour.

HOW TO QUALIFY FOR A DISCOUNTED PASS:
Volunteer for 2 booth hours per day each day that you'd like discounted entry
As non-members, you can help us with the following roles:
- Cantina/Palpatine Chair Photographer
- Photo Backdrop Helper/Photographer
- Entrance/Donations/Line Control
- Line Control

TICKET COST
Ticket costs will not be calculated until August 26 because they will depend on the number of people who sign up. For planning purposes, you can expect a single-day pass to range between $15-$20 and a weekend pass to be between $35-$40.

Payments will be collected by PayPal or Venmo only. Make sure you have an account working before time slips away from you.

TIMELINE a.k.a. WHEN CAN I SIGN UP??
NOW! Signups open for all spotters - minimum shifts only - no extra hours (this is so that we give everyone a chance to sign up before filling the schedule with people willing to work extra time)
Sunday, August 26 - Signups beyond minimum shifts open for everyone – if you'd like to volunteer more than the minimum amount for your discounted pass, this is when you can add on
Sunday, August 26 @ noon - Deadline for shift signup for ticket discount - ticket cost will be calculated and posted this afternoon
Monday, September 3 - Deadline for ticket payments - if we don’t have your cleared transaction by this date, you will not be getting a discounted ticket - plan accordingly!

A Note Before You Choose Your Shifts
We need everyone to be on time for their shifts and stay on shift for the whole time scheduled. When you're not there for a shift or if you are late, it leaves a hole that someone else has to fill. Please don't be that problem-maker! Build in breaks for yourself when you need them to eat or rest.

How to sign up:
1. Take a look at the schedule sheet. Note that there are separate tabs for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday booth schedules.
2. Review the Role Descriptions tab to ensure you're familiar with the expectations and duties of each position you want to help with.
3. Decide which shifts you want. You can select from the two Photographer roles and/or the two Line Control roles.
4. Reply here with the following information. Please copy and paste and fill in as appropriate.
DAY:
TIME:
ROLE:
NEED TICKET FROM US?

Notes:
  • Remember to sign up for 2 hours each day that you want a discounted ticket, or pick 1-2 hours per day if you don’t need a ticket from us.
  • Do not tell us that you can work any shift or to simply fill you in somewhere. Pick specific shifts.
  • You cannot edit the spreadsheet. Please reply here if you need to make any changes.

New to Conventions? What You Should Bring
- Water bottle that you can refill
- A big smile and friendly attitude! You're going to be exposed to a LOT of people who've never interacted with our groups before. Make this impression for them a good one!
- Vitamin C/Airborne - take care of yourself or else the con crud will find you. We'll have hand sanitizer at the booth.
- Snacks
- Comfortable footwear
- Layers of clothing
- Something to store your personal belongings in on your body (purse, backpack, etc.) We likely won't have room to store a bunch of stuff at our booth, so don't plan on leaving things there.

One last reminder for everyone: We expect our booth will be busy all day long, all three days. There will be lots of people around.
- Please don't mingle around the immediate booth area to socialize with each other.
- If you're working at the booth, interact with our guests and not with each other.
- If you're not working at the booth, stay outside of the booth area.

FAQ
Q: What if I bought (or will be buying) my own pass and don’t need a discounted one?
A: We appreciate ANY time you can take to volunteer! Please limit yourself to 1-2 hours each day to allow for everyone to have an opportunity to sign up for shifts until Aug 26.

Q: Does the discounted ticket rate apply to non-members?
A: Yes, the discounted rate applies to any adults who volunteer the minimum amount of time.

Q: Can I bring my kids to work at the booth?
A: No, booth signups are limited to adults age 18 and over. Due to space constraints, it will not work to have children shadow adults in the booth at this event. Accordingly, kids are not eligible for discounted tickets this time around.

Q: The shift I want is already full. Can I be an extra person at that time?
A: No. We need to ensure we have full coverage throughout the whole con, so we need people to sign up for available shifts. If your schedule isn’t flexible, talk to the folks who are signed up when you want to volunteer and see if you can agree on swapping things around.

Thank you for your help! We're looking forward to another fun RCCC this year!

Offline Rat

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2018, 05:37:33 PM »
Hey Mindie would love to help with the load in on thursday, set up on friday 10-12, line control 12-1 and clean up on Friday. I would also like to put in for line control 9-10 Saturday. I may also be available for costume duty, if I can get my TK done and approved by then.

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

Offline Rat

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2018, 07:34:45 AM »
I may be open for more shifts gotta check in with the boss and time off. I will also be needing my pass through you.

Offline TurboCam92

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2018, 08:30:31 AM »
Friday:
•Entrance 3-4
•Table 6-7/7-8
Saturday:
•Table 4-5
Sunday
•Entrance 1-3

Also, feel free to plug me and my TB into any droid hunt spots that need to be filled. It looks like there are plenty of opportunities available!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline OmniWill

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2018, 09:19:51 AM »
I can help with line control at 1-2 then 4-5 on Saturday, if those spots are still free.

Offline carpe mindiem

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2018, 10:00:27 AM »
Rat, you'll need two hours during con hours each day to get the discounted ticket through us, so one more hour on Fri and Sat. If that affects the extra load-in/setup/cleanup help you want to provide, let me know.

Cam, members have different options for signups, too, so take a look at the thread in the September section. For now I've got your Friday and Sunday covered (I kept just the 2 tables hours on Friday for now), but on Saturday, you'll need to either add two costuming hours or one more support hour, assuming you want a pass through us. If you have your own, then don't worry about this.

Will, those spots are now yours. Thank you!

Offline OmniWill

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2018, 11:43:40 AM »
Rat, you'll need two hours during con hours each day to get the discounted ticket through us, so one more hour on Fri and Sat. If that affects the extra load-in/setup/cleanup help you want to provide, let me know.

Cam, members have different options for signups, too, so take a look at the thread in the September section. For now I've got your Friday and Sunday covered (I kept just the 2 tables hours on Friday for now), but on Saturday, you'll need to either add two costuming hours or one more support hour, assuming you want a pass through us. If you have your own, then don't worry about this.

Will, those spots are now yours. Thank you!

Hey sorry to do this. I've had a little bit of a scheduling error. It doesn't seem like I'll be able to make Saturday. Sorry I hope that doesn't make things difficult
« Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 11:51:13 AM by OmniWill »

Offline carpe mindiem

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2018, 01:51:00 PM »
No worries! Sorry you can't make it. Let us know if your schedule changes.

Offline Rat

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2018, 01:59:01 PM »
I'll take the 3-4 line control on Friday and the 1-2 line control on Saturday. You also have in as raffle coordinator first thing Friday and I should be line control/donation instead. Thank you.

Offline Rat

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2018, 02:04:22 PM »
You could also put me in for set up on Saturday as I'll be there early.

Offline Bodacieah

« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2018, 09:24:22 PM »
I am available on Saturday and or Sunday.  Fill me in where the greatest need is, I will be happy to bring my back up saber as an extra photo prop.  For hubby's 50th birthday I got us A New Hope Oregon Symphony tickets for Friday.  I'm still hoping to actually having my costume done soon.  Anne

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

Offline carpe mindiem

« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2018, 10:45:51 PM »
Thanks, Anne! Just let us know where you want to be added and I'll get you on there.

Offline Bodacieah

« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2018, 07:14:29 PM »
I can do Sunday 3-4 but will be there early.
Anne

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Rat

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2018, 09:38:07 PM »
I would be willing to do the 9-10 Sunday morning line control and tear down.

Tags: