Author Topic: Hello everyone!  (Read 4131 times)

Offline daryldoak

Re: Hello everyone!
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2016, 07:07:57 PM »
Josh, 

I can totally relate, I had almost the exact same conversation with my wife recently.

For the last 18 years my life has revolved around my kids and their activities, never really made time for friends.  All of the "friends" I had we're my wife's friend's husbands, but I never really connected with them.

Since joining CCG I really feel like I'm started no to make real friends, which is so great since both of my kids are leaving for college at end of summer.

Thanks to everyone!!!
TK/TA/TS/IS/IC/BH-11371

Offline L Kamino

« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2016, 07:16:57 PM »
I've had a similar experience.  For about three years prior to joining, I had been going through some very rough stuff.  Some of that is still going on, but being a part of what we're doing here has made the challenges seem small.  I have made some amazing new friends and am proud to know so many generous and gifted people.  I look forward to each event and sharing the experiences with such quality people. 
Eetla the Ewok, Darth Revan, Pilot with Rebel Legion Starfighter Command

Offline OldTonyKenobi

• Kashyyyk Base Member
  • I'm Old Ben before he lost all the weight. haha
  • Awards Trooped 25+ times
    • tonys kingdom of comics
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2016, 07:34:27 PM »
Even in the rough times personally and business, knowing I'm making a difference and seeing all the smiles we spread makes everything else so much more bearable and easier to conquer. The shop helps me do this too, and the only real reason I still keep the doors open. ;)
"now that's a name I haven't heard in a long time"

Offline Beckett

« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2016, 08:55:23 PM »
Thank you all very much for sharing your thoughts here. For the first time in my life I feel like I'm home.....no pun intended.

I spend all week basically thinking about what troop is next, which of you I am going to get to connect with, who we might encourage to bring them into the fold. Seeing all the smiles is great...spreading some joy in a world that could use some smiles and some joy. In so many ways I do this for me....to prove to myself that there is still good around us. I have not always been positive, optimistic, or encouraging. There have been dark days

Sometimes I get down......I just got tired of it....being down. I decided that I was gonna proove that goodness still exists. When I'm in an SWO changing room Im in a room full of people that provide that proof.

Thank you all so much....let's help each other stay focussed on what's right.
You can also find me on Facebook: Josh Beckett or Facebook Messenger. Or if you hate those you can shoot a text to 503-999-4664
joshmbeckett@gmail.com

robkashikoi

« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2016, 10:49:11 PM »
Fantastic seeing you today.  The droid has had his oil bath and is looking forward to seeing you tomorrow.

Offline Beckett

« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2016, 11:22:17 PM »
Excellent! Can't wait!
You can also find me on Facebook: Josh Beckett or Facebook Messenger. Or if you hate those you can shoot a text to 503-999-4664
joshmbeckett@gmail.com

Tags: