Author Topic: Hello everyone!  (Read 4133 times)

Offline Beckett

Hello everyone!
« on: June 06, 2016, 11:42:30 PM »
Hello all,

My name is Josh. I live near Salem in Turner and just got my Chewbacca suit approved earlier today. I'm really looking forward to meeting everyone and helping to put smiles on kids faces. I'm a lifelong SW fan and this is the first costume I've ever made. Please take a minute and find me on Facebook (profile is Josh Beckett with a pic of me in the Chewie suit next to my beautiful wife and daughter who both helped a tremendous amount with this build).

Just a bit more about me so everyone can begin to get to know me:

I grew up in Southern California (Mission Viejo) and moved up to Oregon in 1995 to attend UofO where I earned my degree and had the privilege of playing football as well. Currently I work in Keizer At Claggett Creek middle school in Special Education. I also coach football at Cascade High School and previously at West Salem High School. Anyway, I'm really excited to help out and can't wait to see everyone at the various events. Please drop me a line so I can get to know you.

Go Ducks and May The Force be with you!
You can also find me on Facebook: Josh Beckett or Facebook Messenger. Or if you hate those you can shoot a text to 503-999-4664
joshmbeckett@gmail.com

Offline CJ49er

Re: Hello everyone!
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2016, 07:50:02 AM »
Welcome Josh!

that's an awesome Chewy you have, very nice work!
SL/TI/TK/DS/BH 12770

Offline Lidocaine

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2016, 08:06:48 AM »
Your Chewie looks great! Welcome to the group, looking forward to having another Chewie walking carpet in the group! :D
Luke - BH/TB/TK-44228

Offline stevo502

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2016, 08:19:38 AM »
Welcome, Josh! I've just updated your profile so you should have full access as a member of Kashyyyk Base/Rebel Legion now, please let us know if you can't see our event planning forums.

-steve

Offline L Kamino

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2016, 09:29:39 AM »
Congratulations!  Hope to see you on the 18th at Hero for a Day!
Eetla the Ewok, Darth Revan, Pilot with Rebel Legion Starfighter Command

Offline MissyThing

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2016, 09:50:37 AM »
Welcome!!!  I love your Chewbacca!

Here's an event that's specifically looking for the big fuzzball (if you're interested!)...And, Go Beavs!!  :D

http://www.cloudcitygarrison.com/forum/index.php?topic=9592.0
Jedi Missy

Offline NavySith

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2016, 10:10:28 AM »
Welcome and congratulations, Nice having another Wookie

Scott
CT/SL/TK/AR-6754

Offline Sarah

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2016, 11:10:58 AM »
Welcome!!! Can't  wait to troop with you soon :D
TK/ID/DS/DZ-26534

Resistance Pilot - Screaming Porgs!

Offline Pixelito

• Cloud City Retired
  • Bats EVERYWHERE!!!
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2016, 12:41:03 PM »
Welcome fuzzball!  :grin:
Looking forward to meeting you at some troops!
TK-16924
Heavy Weapons Trooper

Offline Beckett

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2016, 06:44:37 PM »
Thank you all for the welcome. Please don't hesitate to tell me if I'm stepping on anyone's toes in regards to event signups and putting in my time. I've heard some stories from different members in other parts of the world that have drama. Especially as it relates to stepping on our other Chewbacca toes. I haven't met Dave yet but Rick has been a huge help to me and I want to make sure I'm not the new guy causing issues. I'm a huge Star Wars nerd who loves showing off the costume I worked so hard on but I can also spot and enjoy everyone else's hard work.

Thank you all again

Josh
You can also find me on Facebook: Josh Beckett or Facebook Messenger. Or if you hate those you can shoot a text to 503-999-4664
joshmbeckett@gmail.com

Offline sitpadeshu

« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2016, 10:38:30 AM »
Congrats on your costume!
ID/TA-41414

Offline OldTonyKenobi

• Kashyyyk Base Member
  • I'm Old Ben before he lost all the weight. haha
  • Awards Trooped 25+ times
    • tonys kingdom of comics
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2016, 12:09:12 AM »
The Beckett family is SUCH a GREAT addition to our family. Already had some great visits and can't wait to troop with you and yours Josh. And it sure looks like your off to a fantastic start my friend  :D ...............Ol Tony  :dancechewie: :dancechewie: :dancechewie: :dancechewie: :dancechewie:
"now that's a name I haven't heard in a long time"

Offline Beckett

« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2016, 01:29:35 AM »
Thank you Tony, we needed this. I was just saying to my wife the other night (after I got back from the MAW troop for Bryce) that, for the first time in my life I feel like I'm making real friends. Idk, I mean I had friends...the guys I've coached with, played with in sports, neighbors, etc.....this is just different and.....better (more fulfilling). We went out to eat after that troop and I just felt like I was with good people, people that understand the world doesn't get better unless you make it that way. I don't just like people really fast (at least historically speaking), but I find myself thinking "man! I want to be around those people more!" You and Rick got us acquainted at Cherry City....life has been better since then. Thank you my friend.
joshmbeckett@gmail.com

Offline OldTonyKenobi

• Kashyyyk Base Member
  • I'm Old Ben before he lost all the weight. haha
    • tonys kingdom of comics
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2016, 11:33:13 AM »
When I first met the members 10 yrs ago I was also really impressed. Being a FreeMason I thought "these folks are Masons and don't even know it". Since then Iv'e made many close friends, and many are like a second family. It's so nice finding like minded folks with the same compassion and passion for making a difference and the love of Pop Culture.  :D 8)
"now that's a name I haven't heard in a long time"

Offline Quick2

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2016, 03:18:13 PM »
Josh this is like a family. Glad you are part of it with many more friends and troops ahead with you.
Best, Allan
Allan Quick

Tags: