Author Topic: A blast from the past (photos from 2004)  (Read 2186 times)

Offline daryldoak

A blast from the past (photos from 2004)
« on: April 04, 2016, 02:01:47 PM »
I took these pictures back in September 2004 at the Jantzen Beach Toys r us.

My kids are 18 now.

Enjoy.

Anyone have any idea who might be in these pictures?
« Last Edit: April 04, 2016, 07:51:02 PM by daryldoak »
TK/TA/TS/IS/IC/BH-11371

Offline MetalJedi

Re: A blast from the past
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2016, 02:05:53 PM »
Very cool! This was way before my time, but I like seeing the Cloud City Squad banners.

I have a couple of guesses about the troopers, but I'm not sure. I would bet that some of these folks are still around.
Harry - TK/TB 6472

Offline stevo502

Re: A blast from the past (photos from 2004)
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2016, 01:44:51 PM »
I went back through all the old archives I can access and wasn't able to find anything on this particular event. 2004 is kind of sparse in terms of documents. Early that year we had switched from our old yahoo group to a forum, but then at some point (I think in 2005 or 2006) there was some kind of crash without a backup and a lot of posts were lost forever. The gallery archives I have also only go back to 2005 so the only data I have from events before then is from ones I attended and got my own photos for.

I have some guesses on who those folks are too, but can't be 100% sure. If I'm right, I don't think any are currently active, but I could be wrong, all those FX troopers looks the same to me. :P

Offline MetalJedi

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2016, 11:20:22 PM »
I'm pretty sure I have shared this picture somewhere on the forums before, but as long as we are sharing ancient history, here is my first encounter with Cloud City Garrison at OMSI in November, 2006.

We are celebrating our 10th anniversary this year, and this photo was taken almost ten years ago. My son was about three months old when this picture was taken.

I'm pretty sure the Vader is Barry, but I'm not sure about Boba Fett.

Harry - TK/TB 6472

Offline stevo502

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2016, 07:09:04 AM »
I'm fairly certain that's Chris Vossler in the Boba. We haven't had many ESB's come through the group.

Offline Pixelito

• Cloud City Retired
  • Bats EVERYWHERE!!!
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2016, 10:32:03 AM »
It's super cool seeing these pictures! I dug around but couldn't find any from the first time I encountered any troopers. I just remember that it was at OMSI around 2004-ish. I was in middle school at the time and we took a field trip up there. If I recall correctly, there was a Vader and 2 Stormtroopers.... It's been a while so that could be wrong. I just remember being amazed that people had real armor!
TK-16924
Heavy Weapons Trooper

Tags: