Author Topic: Hi, My name is Cody ;)  (Read 2271 times)

Offline thekasugai

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Hi, My name is Cody ;)
« on: March 09, 2016, 11:27:50 AM »
Hello, My name is Cody. I am the minister at the Church of Christ in Hood River Oregon. I used to own a tile company and I am one of the finest journeyman tile setters on the west coast. ( so if you need any help or advice in that regard please let me know. ;) I grew up mostly in Stockton California and i have always had a philanthropists heart. I love people. My motivation for becoming a minister is really the same as my motivation for joining this. When i was younger,(about 23) my brother worked at goodwill, one day he came across a dvd similar to those "bumfight" dvd's that used to be really popular in California, although I have never had any interest in them. To make a long story a little shorter, a group of guys decided that they would go around and find random people and beat them nearly to death while they record it so they could sell them at gas stations for 20$. As I saw this my heart broke. I was filled with anger and indignation. I knew that one day I would have children and I do not want them to grow up in a world where that is the standard of behavior people should expect in their society. It seemed to me that there are only two ways to change that type of behavior. 1. find them and give them what they gave others. OR, 2. preach the Gospel and make the world a better place. i chose # 2.

There are two hings that really touched me about this group. 1. The first time I came across you guys was at a firefighter vs police football game in The Dalles a few years ago. A member of my Church, Donovan Doroski has had recurring trouble with cancer.  he was one of the beneficiaries of the game and the garrison came out to the game. It was such an encouraging thing to see! 2. as I was reading through the web pages about you guys I saw a mention of "R2-KT" that caught my eye. As I researched the history of the droid, and the 501st's involvement I thought, "This is the type of thing I want to do!" Your compassion and selfless sacrifice to make this world a better place has no other effect than to leave a lasting impact on society as a whole. you guys are literally making the world a better place. children see it and think, "This is how compassionate adults spend their time and resources." Although they may not put it in those exact terms.  Adults see it and think, "This is how compassionate people spend their time and resources." You guys are roll models for the next generation. Thank you, and I look forward to being a part! I love you guys already! May God bless you all! :D

Offline CJ49er

Re: Hi, My name is Cody ;)
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2016, 05:35:02 PM »
Hey there Cody,

welcome to the forums!  It is definitely a rewarding experience seeing a huge smile on a kids face at events,  sometimes its while they are cracking you with their plastic lightsaber or blasting you with a Nerf gun :shock:, but its always great! 

SL/TI/TK/DS/BH 12770

Offline thekasugai

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2016, 08:45:48 PM »
I cant wait! :D

Offline Lidocaine

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2016, 09:23:32 PM »
Hi Cody -

Welcome to the forums! Thanks for the kind words, spending time with kids dressed up as plastic spacemen can be rewarding and a lot of fun!  :lol:

Feel free to ask any questions you have about costumes or anything we do and we'll try our best to answer.
Luke - BH/TB/TK-44228

Offline thekasugai

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2016, 10:28:10 PM »
well, i am trying to track down a good quality storm trooper kit, or tie fighter kit. but i need to have the costume done before July and so far ATA has an 11 month wait on armor kits lol -ouch! any ideas?

Offline CJ49er

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2016, 11:01:40 PM »
TIE reserve pilot/Imperial Crewman is a great and inexpensive start to a TIE Pilot. I recently finished my TI reserve and am currently working on the armor for the pilot. The reserve can get you approved and trooping while you work on the pilot.
SL/TI/TK/DS/BH 12770

Offline james.p.moser

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2016, 03:53:01 PM »
Walt's Trooper Factory. Look them up on FB.  Quality kits, not recast, apparently there was an older approved armor maker that stopped making kits. Walt worked out a deal to start producing their stuff again. Walt is fully aware his stuff won't be on the official approved list because he didn't create the sculpts (check out FISD to verify if you'd like). Several FISD moderators have given a "soft approval" and several have already been approved at all levels (Basic, EI, & Cent.) 4-6 week turnaround and $650 for Adult Stormtrooper in white ( also does Magma (red) and Shadow (black). If that wasn't enough also does AT-AT, TIE, and soon Scout as well as kid sized versions! Their customer service is AMAZING and following their FB page is also entertaining. I bought mine two weeks ago and I expect it in 2-4 more weeks. Good luck!!

Jim M.
Jim - TK50899

Offline MetalJedi

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2016, 11:52:15 AM »
Welcome to the forums!

Your description of what we do is very kind. We do our best!

You have lots of great options for stormtrooper kits. Take your time, do your research, and you will find a kit that matches your budget and the limits of your patience.

If you have any questions, then please do not hesitate to ask.
Harry - TK/TB 6472

Tags: