Author Topic: X Wing Paint Schematics  (Read 1857 times)

Offline SugarRot

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
X Wing Paint Schematics
« on: February 15, 2016, 11:34:04 AM »
So aside from the Phasma I've been building I recently picked up anow 88 Corolla FX for a steal and while getting it back into running condition my love of puns and Star Wars has definitely taken over and I've started stripping the paint to turn it into a Corolla fx-wing. I've done some research on x wing paint jobs and can't seem to figure if it's all just what the pilots happen to have done or if there are certain portions of the symbols that display rank and such.
Any experts on it care to shed some light? 

Offline Blue Leader

• Rebel Legion member
  • Ace Pilot
    • Blue Leader's Universe
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Re: X Wing Paint Schematics
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2016, 11:04:50 PM »
Are you talking about paint on the helmet or on the X-wing starfighter itself? For helmets, the paint jobs were custom to each pilot. There were various symbols that some helmets shared, like the "sliced onion" and the red and blue circles with black arrows, but they have no canon meaning.

As for the starfighters, the colors were the colors of the squadron-- red marks for Red Squadron, blue marks for Blue Squadron, etc. Red Squadron (and presumably other X-wing squadrons) had stripes on the wings, and each X-wing had a different number, but I don't think it's even been said what those stripes mean, though it's most likely their call sign. Luke's X-wing had five stripes on each wing and his call sign in A New Hope was Red Five...
B-wing Pilot - Jedi[/center]

Offline SugarRot

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2016, 12:16:20 PM »
Yeah I meant the x-wings themselves not the helmet.
I was just seeing if there was any crucial information on the paint jobs I may have overlooked lol

Offline Blue Leader

• Rebel Legion member
  • Ace Pilot
    • Blue Leader's Universe
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2016, 12:40:18 AM »
Unless you're painting it to look like a particular character's X-wing, probably not. :)
B-wing Pilot - Jedi[/center]

Tags: