Author Topic: A bit confused  (Read 1849 times)

Offline Rocket

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
A bit confused
« on: January 13, 2016, 03:00:50 PM »
Is there a difference from being a Cloud City Garrison member, as opposed to being a forum member?  I'm registered here (obviously) but is there another application I need to make?

Also, I want to make sure I can jump right into making a costume (TK) and be able to start participating, or is there some kind of trial period or spotting roles I need to fulfill before I can become a trooper?  Do I need to have a completed costume to be considered a member?

Thanks!

Offline carpe mindiem

Re: A bit confused
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2016, 04:10:52 PM »
Yes, there is a difference.

Anyone can sign up for this forum. There are different areas of it that are available to different people, depending on whether or not you're a 501st Legion, Rebel Legion, Cloud City Garrison, or Kashyyyk Base member.

To become a member of Cloud City Garrison, you need to build/put together/buy and fit a costume to meet the CRLs (costume reference library), submit an application with pictures of you in your costume, and have it approved. Becoming a member of our garrison also makes you a member of the 501st Legion.

Please do get started building your costume! While you're working on it, you can check out the Spotters board here on the forum for opportunities to come out to some of our events, get a feel for how things work, and meet some other members.

You can also read through this for even more info about joining up.

Offline Rocket

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2016, 05:31:25 PM »
Ok, that clears things up, I was wondering what order stuff needed to happen in.  I'm currently researching armor, and I wanted to make sure I wasn't jumping the gun, or didn't get anything out of order.  Looking forward to it!  TK-something, here I come!!

Offline Rocket

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2016, 12:25:13 PM »
How about kids in the Galactic Academy?  My daughter reallly want to participate in some fashion.  Would it be possible for her to attend an event in costume, if accompanied by me?  Also, assuming I would be a member of the 501st at that point.

Offline carpe mindiem

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2016, 01:29:19 PM »
For most events, kids are welcome to attend along with their parents in costume. Every once in a while there's an event that's either inappropriate for kids to tag along on or where the event requester has specifically asked for no kids. We ask that you check in with the Commanding Officers and/or event coordinator (that's me) before signing kids up, and make sure that you can watch your kid (you can see well enough, move around well enough, etc). The empire doesn't provide babysitters. ;)

Offline Rocket

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2016, 07:09:54 PM »
Completely understood on all counts.  She's approaching 13 years old, so it's not like I've got toddlers I've got to watch like a hawk, which is good.  We won't be ready for some time, but I will keep this in mind moving forward. 

Offline Dax Corrin

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2016, 08:44:37 AM »
I miss seeing the Yellow Stormtrooper at Ducks games.

TI/IC/IG/IN-12485 Dax Corrin
Founder, NorthWest Quadrant Battery

Tags: