Author Topic: Just a new guy  (Read 1411 times)

Offline Yesac

• Kashyyyk Base Reserve
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Just a new guy
« on: January 11, 2016, 01:55:28 AM »
Hey all I'm Casey. Just doing the registration for the appropriate sites here. I was hooked up from Jeff as my friend and I are going to attempt to get involved with the charity and costuming to expand our love for the Wars. I currently have a general jedi costume semi themed after Qui-Gon Gin but I am going to redo it from scratch....again until it's perfect.

Currently I use my brother surger and embroidery/sewing machine for all my projects and sew everything myself I possibly can for our costumes. Usually I tell people "Yeah I sew and I'm a guy" but the Force tells me that wouldn't be a big shock on here lol. I can upload a few samples if needed before I start WIP thread somewhere. So far we have some basic Jedi boots, Saber Forge sabers, all leather belts with accessories and pouches. I made up a new Jedi tunic, obi and tabard pattern from scratch I plan to use to remake the costume with more screen accurate fabric. All that's been holding me back there is the need for someone to die the fabric or I get lucky and finally figure it out myself. It's like me trying to paint, somethings I just CAN'T do but I can live with that. I've tried several times though with poor or inconsistent results. No robes yet because well wool is just to expensive to buy when I need so many yards so I'm working on what to do there eventually. It's not on my list of immediate priorities.

Anyway that's what I'm doing currently when I have spare time between work and other hobbies/projects. I'm happy to start getting evolved soon.

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

I am a Jedi like my father before me.

Offline bigguynextdoor

Re: Just a new guy
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2016, 07:13:43 AM »
Welcome aboard! :)
"I Find Your Lack of Faith Disturbing."

ANH Darth Vader
SL 20461

Offline CJ49er

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2016, 09:29:25 AM »
Welcome to the forum Casey!

yes, I laugh at guys who CANT sew :)  not really, but it is a very useful ability.
SL/TI/TK/DS/BH 12770

Offline Rocket

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2016, 11:08:53 AM »
Hi Casey!  I'm a new guy too.  I'm researching TK Stormtrooper armor, so not much sewing is needed.  But darn it, I want to get better at it.  I have a sewing machine, but just a light-duty one.  I can sew, just not that well.  Just time and practice needed, right?   :roll:

Tags: