Author Topic: Build Party, Mk.2  (Read 9139 times)

Offline Starrfox1

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Build Party, Mk.2
« on: August 26, 2015, 04:02:56 PM »
Hello!

Ackua (Tommy) and myself now have 3 unfinished kits between the 2 of us (I know, it sounds ridiculous but I had to splurge on an ATA kit because logic) and we need help! I have been researching everything on FISD for about a year now and have learned just about everything I possibly can, but one thing that can't be taught is motivation and we seem to be in a rut.

Is anyone available to attend a build party? I will gladly offer my house/living room to the cause (although if someone has a garage/basement we could infiltrate it would be preferable - especially if said basement/garage contains tools!), and provide food/beverages to all attendees.

I'd really like to have our armor ready for the premier in December, and the more help we have, the more of a chance we will have of being able to suit up for Episode 7!

P.S. I've met a few of you but this would also be a great chance to get to know some of you better :-) Might also be a good opportunity for our friend doing the documentary to see what a build party is like!

Thanks everyone, please PM me if you have any questions <3

James

Offline maxsteele

Re: Build Party, Mk.2
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2015, 09:45:39 PM »
What is your geographic location?

Offline RainTrooper

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2015, 11:49:15 PM »
Might be able to do another armor party at my place. Basement, large tables, tools (some, not a lot).  A Saturday in September or October might work. We could keep it a TK only party.. get a bunch of trimming done. Sound good?   
TK/TD-76216

Offline sitpadeshu

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2015, 06:13:03 AM »
I could come and help. :)  It would he good practice for me when I get my ATA in January.
ID/TA-41414

Offline Han_Solo

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2015, 04:38:09 PM »
I would really like to get involved in this. I have been struggling with my wife's TK armor for over a year. I have watched every video that I can find, and spent a ton of time on The White Armor site, but I have reached my skill limit and need help. I already have a work space set up in the house that is big enough for 4 people to work at the same time, and have all the tools needed to finish the job. If anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated. My days off are Sunday Monday and Tuesday. My wife would be available for fittings on Monday and Tuesday evenings.

Offline Ackua

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2015, 03:14:39 PM »
Please, please, please!

I haven't had any opportunity to work on my kit yet, and I had hoped on having it finished for Rose City Comic Con.

Offline Starrfox1

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2015, 05:08:34 PM »
I'm available most weekdays after 5 and weekends; I'm located in Northeast Portland on Killingsworth and 55th. It's kind of a tiny apartment but I have a room cleared out that's intended to be a workshop and my living room is big enough for a few people to work on stuff. I don't have many tools but from what I've seen the best tools are sandpaper and a good xacto blade for most of the big stuff. I also have a dremel if anyone wants to get adventurous lol.
I'm down to go to Jason's too, that sounds like a blast :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Han_Solo

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2015, 02:30:23 PM »
I am available on Monday and Tuesday evenings, as is the wife for fittings. I have lots of space, and all the tools needed. Still want in on this.

Offline Ackua

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2015, 09:03:52 AM »
I have Sundays and Mondays off.  :)

Offline Starrfox1

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2015, 02:32:11 PM »

Well, I learned the hard way that slash proof gloves are a must. Straight through to the bone. I'll be out of commission for the next few weeks :-(

Offline Lidocaine

« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2015, 06:32:03 PM »
Ouch man, keep an eye out for a bacta tank to help your recovery!
Luke - BH/TB/TK-44228

Offline sitpadeshu

« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2015, 07:20:00 PM »
Ouch!
ID/TA-41414

Offline Han_Solo

« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2015, 06:00:41 PM »
Yikes, that must have hurt! :( It sounds like Monday evening might be a good time to get together. I will be free, whenever you guys want to plan something. I could really use some help, and am happy to help others with the pieces that I know how to make. I also have all the tools that are needed. :)

Offline MetalJedi

« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2015, 08:17:06 PM »
Wow. At least you still have a thumb! You could have needed a whole new hand like Luke.

Armor really does cost more in blood, sweat, and tears.
Harry - TK/TB 6472

Offline Ackua

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2015, 08:08:55 AM »
I'm still very interested in doing this. I'd like to have my armor finished before the end of the month, but I honestly have no idea what I'm doing.

Tags: