Author Topic: Hello and Welcome  (Read 2712 times)

Offline Ceroth63

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Hello and Welcome
« on: August 02, 2015, 06:45:10 PM »
I'm new here. My name is Marian Paul. I live here in Portland. I've been a fan of Star Wars since I saw the movie back in 1977. I've seen members of the Cloud City Garrison at events I've been at for a number of years. The last time was during the Star Wars Theme night at The Portland Thunders game a few weeks back. One of my jobs is for The Moda Center and I saw several of you walking around among the guests. I asked for one of your cards and now here I am. Seeing the trailer for the new Star Wars movie out in December has me excited like I haven't been since The Lord of the Rings movies came out. I feel like I'm 13 years old again and it is 1977. I hope I can get help building a costume. I have to state that money is tight for me so any ideas that people can come up with for a good costume on a budget would be helpful. Again, thank you for letting me join. I know I'll have a lot of fun.

Offline carpe mindiem

Re: Hello and Welcome
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2015, 07:17:24 PM »
Welcome! Some of the less expensive costumes are Jedi or Imperial Crewman. The IC is great because it's the base for other costumes, too, so you can add on later (TIE Pilot, Gunner, etc).

Offline sitpadeshu

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2015, 08:46:54 PM »
Hi and welcome!  I think I remember you asking for a card at that event(or else there were more folks asking for them)  I was the officer.  It's also a good choice if you have a budget. :)

Christina
ID/TA-41414

Offline Ceroth63

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2015, 09:03:20 PM »
It probably was me. I was working in a vom on the 100 level and you and a young man dressed like a Jedi and another member in a costume with a helmet and a gun who was going up the stairs and posing with guests all were there. That was a lot of fun. Are there plans for sewing and constructing a IC costume that I could find. I'd also like to research an Imperial Admiral or General like a General Veers or an Admiral Piett.

Offline Blue Leader

• Rebel Legion member
  • Ace Pilot
    • Blue Leader's Universe
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2015, 01:21:58 AM »
Greetings and welcome to the forum.

One really cheap costume is the Rebel Fleet Trooper. Gray khakis, blue suit shirt, black vest... They're all pretty cheap. Helmets are fairly cheap, too, and I've seen holsters that aren't too expensive. The blaster can be a simple Hasbro blaster that's painted black and silver. The most expensive thing would probably be the boots.

The X-wing pilot costume usually isn't too bad, either, and you can buy almost all of the parts for it already finished. It's even cheaper if you don't get a helmet (which is optional as long as you have belt flares or the accurate belt buckle).
B-wing Pilot - Jedi[/center]

Offline sitpadeshu

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2015, 06:38:58 AM »
Check out the imperialofficer.net forum. There aren't any official patterns,  but there are instructions on how to adapt patterns.  You can also buy a uniform for a very reasonable price if you care to go that route. :)  I'm happy to talk to you about if you decide you want one. :)
ID/TA-41414

Offline Leia8674

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2015, 01:39:17 PM »
Welcome aboard! We also welcome you to come out and spot events as well!
Macy

Offline Ceroth63

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2015, 05:56:33 PM »
Hi,

What upcoming events do ya'll have planned? I'd like to come to one.

Offline Ackua

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2015, 08:47:07 AM »
Hi,

What upcoming events do ya'll have planned? I'd like to come to one.

FairCon is this weekend.

Offline Ceroth63

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2015, 09:46:32 AM »
I had a friend purchase a McCall's Pattern for a Chef's Jacket, #M2233, that I read could be adapted into an Imperial Officers Jacket. Hopefully this can work.

Offline Ceroth63

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2015, 10:49:41 AM »
Oh, and why do I see some pictures that the officers are wearing pants over their boots, normally, and in other pictures they are wearing them tucked inside the boots as jodhpurs. What is the correct way to wear them?

Tags: