Author Topic: ANH Stunt Build WIP  (Read 2367 times)

Offline Starrfox1

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
ANH Stunt Build WIP
« on: July 09, 2015, 09:09:35 AM »
Hey guys,

I posted a few pictures in another thread but figured I should start an official build thread to stay organized.

So, when my big brown box arrived it was in pretty bad shape:

Luckily the only thing that was really messed up was the cap:

However when I put the bucket together to see how bad the damage actually was...

Not too shabby. Definitely a unique looking bucket, but hey, that's where the beauty lies, right? Really starting to appreciate the little intricacies with TK armor.

Ears will need some work:

But other than that I think it looks pretty good. I'll have to disassemble to plastidip the interior but for now, I'm happy enough to throw some decals on:

I'm really impressed with the decals. Very easy to mold to the contour of the bucket; I will remove these once I begin my centurion application and replace them with paint.

Also got some boots from imperialboots.com (super solid for the price and availability):

Just a small scratch on the side that has been covered with leather paint:

Also... I got an E-11 from Germany (with real parts!) but it too has felt the wrath of USPS

So, needless to say, I have some work to do. I will most likely be fixing the E-11 to use as a display piece as I have a Hyperfirm on the way and a DLT-19 hanging in my room.

More to follow!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Leia8674

Re: ANH Stunt Build WIP
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2015, 10:33:16 AM »
Was the damage done by shipping or was this from the place of purchase?  If shipping did you file a claim?
Macy

Offline Ackua

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2015, 10:34:54 AM »
This makes me a sad panda

Offline Starrfox1

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
ANH Stunt Build WIP
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2015, 11:32:26 AM »
Yeah I did file a claim but UPS (who sent the armor) wasn't willing to talk about anything unless they had pics of the packaging, unopened box,  each piece, blah blah blah... Bunch of stuff to make it harder for me to get them to do something. No biggie though, Jason and I inspected everything and it looks like it's going to turn out great. Just waiting on Amazon for my lexan scissors and magnets...

Tommy come over this weekend and let's check out your kit ;-)

Offline Ackua

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2015, 01:48:36 PM »
Tommy come over this weekend and let's check out your kit ;-)

For sure. I have a company picnic on Saturday, so how about Sunday?

Offline Starrfox1

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2015, 02:57:40 PM »
Sounds good bro, I'll text you my address and stuff :-)

Also, anyone is welcome to come hang out, I just got a new smoker so I'm thinking about doing some ribs or pork butt. I'll supply food, drink, and good tunes! Just shoot me a PM and I'll give you my address, thinking of doing this at around noonish

Offline Starrfox1

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2015, 02:40:01 PM »
Hey guys, got a little trimming done over the weekend. I stopped because I drew first blood on my middle finger while scoring. Don't ask how, it was definitely dumb and I plan on exercising more caution moving forward. I think I may have trimmed off a return edge that was supposed to be there on one of my shins, but no biggie, I'm hoping that it's the left calf so that the sniper knee will cover it... if not I'll probably make a new return edge once I'm finished trimming everything else.

I started a build thread on FISD if you guys want to follow me over there -> http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/32152-starrfoxs-ap-anh-stunt-build-wip-portland-or/

More to follow!

Tags: