Author Topic: Where do we discuss new events?  (Read 1907 times)

Offline hosaycuervo

• Cloud City Retired
    • Hosay Cuervo
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Where do we discuss new events?
« on: March 02, 2015, 07:37:39 PM »
Hi all,
I'm Kirk (aka TB-1949) and I would be very surprised if any of you remember me, I haven't been active in the group since 2006 or so and my last event was Starlight in 2008-ish. 
I couldn't find where you guys are posting new events so here goes.  A friend of mine just asked me if I knew anyone that was interested in the following event:
Hey man, one of my bars is doing a May the 4th Be With You event on Monday May 4. I was wondering if you knew anyone who would like to come hang in an official / semi-official (having a couple drinks in costume) way. The bar is the Knock Back in Portland on Alberta.  We'll have Stars themed drinks and show the original, unedited Star wars.  Not high profile, but those who wanted to come hangout,  would get a drink or two on the house.

He says there are two roomy unisex restrooms that could be used for changing.  I have no first hand experience there so can't say how a costume bin would fit nor how parking would work.

Anyone interested? I can get you in touch with my friend who can do a lot more details. I won't be attending, my 3 year old daughter wouldn't be allowed in the bar nor out that late. Plus my boots fell apart when I wore them in October and I haven't had a chance to work on them.
-Hosay Cuervo  (Kirk)
Bottoms up - no chaser!
hosaycuervo@yahoo.com
TB 1949
www.angelfire.com/empire2/hosaycuervo

Offline Dax Corrin

Re: Where do we discuss new events?
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2015, 11:11:13 AM »
Hi, since you are retired, you no longer have access to the Event planning area of the forums. Get re-approved and go trooping with us again!  :)
TI/IC/IG/IN-12485 Dax Corrin
Founder, NorthWest Quadrant Battery

Offline hosaycuervo

• Cloud City Retired
    • Hosay Cuervo
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2015, 11:52:08 AM »
At the very least I would love to participate in this December's events, but alas I don't see it happening. I need to build a new pair of boots, and replace and weather my helmet, just ain't gonna happen.  :cry:
-Hosay Cuervo  (Kirk)
Bottoms up - no chaser!
hosaycuervo@yahoo.com
TB 1949

Offline MetalJedi

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2015, 11:02:37 AM »
Hi Kirk,

Welcome back to the forums!

May the 4th is shaping up to be a very crowded day for events, and weeknights are sometimes challenging for volunteers. However, we would be happy to add the event to the calendar.

The easiest thing to do is fill out the event request form at http://www.starwarsoregon.com/

Try to include as many details as you can, and our event coordinator will add it to the schedule so people can sign up.

Thank you for letting us know about the event.

If you get your kit together, then you will always be welcome! We would love to see some of our former members return to trooping.

If you have any questions, please let me know.
Harry - TK/TB 6472

Offline MetalJedi

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2015, 01:00:52 PM »
I realized that I should also be a total buzzkill about the drinks in costumes thing.

If you want this to be an official event, then we can't have volunteers drinking in costume.

However, if you want it to be off the books, then you can invite everyone, and they can do whatever they want. We just can't have any mention of the 501st or Rebel Legions.

If we want to keep doing what we do, then we need to play nicely with the intellectual property.
Harry - TK/TB 6472

Offline hosaycuervo

• Cloud City Retired
    • Hosay Cuervo
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2015, 03:20:23 PM »
Thanks Harry, I will see about filling out the form. The intent is for an informal event, they are just hoping for a couple cool costumes from what I gather.
-Hosay Cuervo  (Kirk)
Bottoms up - no chaser!
hosaycuervo@yahoo.com
TB 1949

Tags: