Author Topic: Hello! Fresh blood here.  (Read 3279 times)

Offline scarlet

• Tesla Cosplay Facebook
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Hello! Fresh blood here.
« on: July 06, 2014, 11:08:25 PM »
Hi! I'm Elise and I live in Salem. I first ran into ya'll at the Rose City Comic Con last year, and then at Wizard Con, and then at Salem Con. I picked up cards and got excited every time but never acted...until now.

I'm interested in joining with the rebel alliance. I have a Mara Jade-Skywalker (blue lightsaber, all "good girl") that I think is done, I just need to send in pictures once I take them. My next build will be simply some Jedi robes so I can be a generic ginger Jedi. After that I want to make an alien. I'm leaning toward a Togruta but I'm not married to that idea. I just noticed the local gang didn't have one.

I also like to make props. I made my blaster for Mara and I'm fairly proud of it. It lights up two colors and has sound. As soon as I can get my hands on a remote control car I want to make it into a mouse droid (with sounds and whatnot). In other non Star Wars cosplays I've made wings, mace, and helmet for DC comic's Hawk Girl and over 70 tribbles for a tribble salesman outfit.

I'm part of a cosplay group that my friends and I began called Tesla Cosplay. We pride ourselves in high quality costumes, though most of theirs are anime.

Outside of Cosplay I'm a 23 year old ginger girl who is currently delivering pizzas until I can convince someone to pay me for live audio/visual production work.

I have a few questions for ya'll... Once I have pictures, who do I send them to? How do I apply? Somewhere said I was supposed to wait to send in an application until I was approved by someone. Other than that, how are you?

Offline carpe mindiem

Re: Hello! Fresh blood here.
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2014, 11:36:38 PM »
Welcome! Take a look at the Rebel Legion website. This page walks you through how to get your costume approved:
http://www.rebellegion.com/membership-qualifications/

Offline NavySith

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2014, 01:25:46 AM »
Welcome, like Carpe Mindiem said the Rebel Legion site will walk you through the process.
sent from Kamino using Tapatalk

Scott
CT/SL/TK/AR-6754

Offline TD-8821

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2014, 07:21:43 AM »
hello and welcome!
Look sir,droids!!!!
Rob...
TD-8821
CCG,MEPD officer,

Offline Leia8674

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2014, 08:25:46 AM »
hello and welcome!  sounds like you are on your way to trooping with us :)  Look forward to meeting you!

Cheers,
Macy
Macy

Offline vader55th

• Cloud City Retired
  • TD-8955
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2014, 04:30:49 PM »
Hello there....
James
TD8955 / BH8955 / DS8955

Offline Dax Corrin

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2014, 04:54:55 PM »
Welcome.. but you should come to the Dark Side...   :)
TI/IC/IG/IN-12485 Dax Corrin
Founder, NorthWest Quadrant Battery

Offline Cob

• Cloud City Reserve
  • IS-10054
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2014, 09:54:24 AM »
Hell yes mouse droid! :D

Offline stuntmanmike

• Cloud City Retired
  • "Go get your ride, take her back to base"
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2014, 08:04:47 PM »
Welcome! Show us some pics!
James

Offline scarlet

• Tesla Cosplay Facebook
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2014, 09:37:16 PM »
I'll get them up as soon as I take some. I need one of my friends to have a free afternoon. But it's also 90 degrees and I'm not eager to climb into an all black skintight outfit to pose.  :tongue:

Offline Blue Leader

• Rebel Legion member
  • Ace Pilot
    • Blue Leader's Universe
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2014, 12:46:02 AM »
Greetings. Welcome to the forum. :)

If you have any questions about submitting a costume to the Rebel Legion I could probably help out. I'm a pilot costume judge, and though Mara Jade would fit under Jedi (I think), the submission process is pretty much the same. Be sure to take a look at the costume standards/requirements, if there is one for your particular costume, and make sure you have what is required. If there are no standards for your particular costume you'll want to include some reference pictures from games, comics and so on along with your costume pictures in your submission.

Heh, I'm an anime cosplayer, too. Even my Star Wars costumes have anime references hidden around them. :P
« Last Edit: July 19, 2014, 12:49:13 AM by Blue Leader »
B-wing Pilot - Jedi[/center]

Blacky no stars

« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2014, 11:51:48 PM »
Welcome and yeah tribbles  :laugh:

Tags: