Author Topic: I need sewing help!  (Read 2717 times)

Offline bigtrev503

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
I need sewing help!
« on: October 09, 2013, 10:55:31 AM »
Hi, all. It's me again. Between starting work this weekend and school all week I'm pretty busy. I have three partially finished costumes that I really need help with. I plan on getting a sewing machine soon and beginning to practice basic things before moving onto bigger stuff.

My question is are there any members out there who would be willing to get together for a regular sewing party? I have a lot to sew and I have no idea where to start. I don't have the equipment to do it either. I was thinking maybe weekly or bi-weekly? Lind of like an ongoing armor party for soft things that need to be sewn.

1. My trooper's belt needs to be shortened a bit and probably one or two other things on it need to be sewn, too

2. I have an expensive Batman cowl, the grey suit, nice boots, gloves that need a little modding, and the bat briefs. I really need help designing and making and attaching the cape and the chest bat symbols. Not to mention designing and constructing the belt.

3. I have an ambitious Deadpool project going. I have the body suit, but the maker sewed it poorly and it needs to be gone over with a serger. I have to fully remake the mask, and also the belt (which will be very similar in design to the bat belt).

Please? I really want to do these costumes and it's discouraging whenever I see them sitting there collecting dust. Anyone interested?

Contact me at 971 276 5668

Email: bigtrev503@gmail.com or tanquary@pdx.edu

Facebook: Trevor Tanquary (I wanna make friends with all of you there anyway!)

Offline Han_Solo

Re: I need sewing help!
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2013, 08:29:54 AM »
I'm not a sewing guy, but I know an excellent seamstress that would be able to help you. She made a Captain America costume for me from scratch. Look up Kathy's Custom Alterations on google. She lives in Aloha, if you're in the area. She does excellent work, and could help you with all of your issues. Tell her Wes sent you. :)

Offline bigtrev503

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2013, 09:24:48 AM »
Is it terribly expensive?

Offline Han_Solo

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2013, 10:11:27 AM »
It would really depend on what you need done. If it's just something like hemming, it's like 5 bucks. Some of the more complicated stuff could run you 40. The captain america costume was about 130, and that was with all of the sewing and all the materials. You could probably get a quote from her over the phone. Just tell her what you need to have done. (503) 591-8575

Offline bigtrev503

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2013, 09:32:01 AM »
Do you have contact info?

Offline Han_Solo

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2013, 12:12:52 PM »
Her phone number is listed above.

Offline bigtrev503