Author Topic: Hello All  (Read 1935 times)

Offline Rosien_HoH

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Hello All
« on: November 10, 2012, 08:19:29 PM »
I honestly don't remember if I've done this before, but Hello!

I joined this forum a few months ago and am hoping to complete an Imperial Guard costume (from Force Unleashed). I am still trying to find resources for all my costume pieces and raise the money for it, but I'll get there eventually.

Until then, I was curious if there are ever any sort of meet-ups or anything to help new members get started or anything along those lines?

Offline Ancient Fan

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Re: Hello All
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2012, 09:30:09 PM »
.... Until then, I was curious if there are ever any sort of meet-ups or anything to help new members get started or anything along those lines?

Hi Rosien,
Actually you can first be a Nerd Herder, formerly known as a "Spotter" - an assistant to help us when we do troop events by helping those that need it to costume-up, keep an eye when we're out in public and coordinate with those who want to take pics by "herding" the costumes and the guest into a photo-op. I'll drop you a note on our next event, keep an eye on the forum "Spotter Check-in".
Welcome (again) and looking forward to seeing you!
Phil / Ancient Fan
Phil / ID 7538

Imperial Doorman

Offline Aysel

Re: Hello All
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2012, 09:33:36 PM »
Hello and Welcome from Kashyyyk Base! We tend to only meet at our events but you can come and "herd the nerds" at those events that are listed in the spotter section of the boards. This is a good opportunity for you to meet the group and get to know how things work for those in costume at an event. Basically what you'd be doing is being our eyes and ears since having a helmet on can be very restricting. As for help with your costume you should try the sovereign protectors forum at http://www.forcepike.net/ they will be able to answer any questions you have.

^_^

Tags: