Author Topic: Non-human members to troop with?  (Read 3371 times)

Offline bigtrev503

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Non-human members to troop with?
« on: September 26, 2012, 11:17:02 AM »
I know somebody out there has a jaw dropping R2. But I was compelled by the things people were saying in the other thread I started. So, I decided to start one about what kinds of non-human things we could do to beef up the roster a bit. One member mentioned droids. What else would be awesome that we could use to troop with?
« Last Edit: September 26, 2012, 07:22:24 PM by bigtrev503 »

Offline Blue Leader

• Rebel Legion member
  • Ace Pilot
    • Blue Leader's Universe
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Re: Non-human members to troop with?
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2012, 02:22:26 PM »
It's not really a costume, nor will it move, but at some point I'd like to start working on a GNK power droid prop. Though that probably wont be for a little while yet, not until I get more work on my costumes finished.
If that's what you're referring to here, anyway-- props that could be used while trooping.
B-wing Pilot - Jedi[/center]

Offline bigtrev503

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2012, 05:37:26 PM »
Yeah! Wearable, movable or not. I think large props would be awesome!!

Offline ceric

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2012, 07:01:01 PM »
We had a member with a crazy, cool idea to build a GNK droid for the Where Science Meets Imagination Star Wars exhibit at Oregon's OMSI.

http://s70.photobucket.com/albums/i103/tavrikgannon/GONK_DROID_GNK27d06/?start=20
Thanks for the memories.

We had a blast trooping with it. Plus OMSI was perfect for it, a very large place with lots of people coming through the exhibit.

As for the non human members, the garrison/base does have a few (ie. Chewbacca, Admiral Ackbar, and a few twilek jedi).

-Eric

Offline bigtrev503

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2012, 07:24:55 PM »

As for the non human members, the garrison/base does have a few (ie. Chewbacca, Admiral Ackbar, and a few twilek jedi)

Well, I meant literally... as in props, droids, and vehicles. I meant things without a real human indside of it  :lol:

Offline Aysel

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2012, 08:20:14 PM »
we've got a few members that have made R2 units, the GONK droid from back in the day (member who did that has moved on to other things) As for set pieces, the main issue is who's going to store it, transport it, and who ultimately owns it. We've got the large back drop and that's served us well for a while.

Offline bigtrev503

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2012, 08:37:47 PM »
I do love that backdrop. Is it the only one of its kind? If so, I've seen it around the internet a few times.

Offline Aysel

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2012, 01:01:24 PM »
I do love that backdrop. Is it the only one of its kind? If so, I've seen it around the internet a few times.

it's not unique, many bases/garrisons have back drops either exactly the same or of a different setting. What makes it so special is that it's use is limited to certain kinds of events.

Offline Volund Starfire

• Kashyyyk Base Member
  • Worst Day-Shift Manager Ever
  • Awards Trooped 10+ times
    • Jason's Facebook Page
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2012, 02:37:57 PM »
I'm right now looking at doing a TIE Fighter Cockpit.  Basically, like the Air Force F-15 coskpit display that people can walk up to and look inside of.  Modular so that one wall can be removed to see inside at what it looks like.

Mind you, this isn't the whole fighter, just the cockpit ball.  Maybe if I win the lottery, I'll build a TIE Advanced (Vader's TIE) around it or something... but for now, it will just be a cockpit.

Oh, and by modular, I mean that it can be stored in my spare room and be shipped with a U Haul truck.

Offline darthbarber

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2012, 10:39:12 PM »
Wow for real?
5150!!!

Offline Aysel

« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2012, 07:43:32 PM »
at the moment he is still in the planning stages, I'm not willing to green light this project until he shows me solid cost numbers and a time table for the build.

Offline bigtrev503

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2012, 07:25:30 AM »
That would be awesome!!

Tags: