Author Topic: is there a large variety of big costumes in the CCG?  (Read 3563 times)

Offline bigtrev503

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
is there a large variety of big costumes in the CCG?
« on: September 24, 2012, 05:22:48 PM »
I was reading in another post that someone was doing a wampa costume and that made me wonder about how many "big creature" costumes we have. I think Terry has an Ackbar, I have spotted for a Chewie. Is there any other costumes in our garrison? I was thinking, like, a rancor or someone with one of those half costumes with fake legs that would look like someone riding a taun taun. That would be fun. It would be awesome to see a big Jabba costume that would have to be on a  platform with wheels. It could totally have a dry ice hookah, too. Just some thoughts for all you creative peeps out there. I'm neither talented nor skilled enough to attempt something like that.

Offline Blue Leader

• Rebel Legion member
  • Ace Pilot
    • Blue Leader's Universe
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Re: is there a large variety of big costumes in the CCG?
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2012, 06:53:54 PM »
The RL has a trooper riding a Taun Taun, but she's in the Corellian Base. It's too bad, 'cause she's got an awesome outfit. :P

http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/costume.php?mode=view&c=5134

Off the top of my head, in the KB/CCG I can think of a Chewbacca or two, some Twi'leks, Admiral Ackbar, umm... That's about all I can think of, though there are probably others that I'm not remembering.
If it helps any, I'm working on an Anomid.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 06:56:52 PM by Blue Leader »
B-wing Pilot - Jedi[/center]

Offline bigtrev503

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2012, 08:17:16 PM »
I had to google the anomid, but it looks awesome! Is that from one of the games or a comic?

Y'know, I was just brainstorming about the Jabba, but it's actually a good idea! If it could roll out and have basic animatronics, it would be something that could troop with us that didn't require a person to be inside it! People would love to take pics with it, I think. Might be something to collaborate on in the future?

Offline Blue Leader

• Rebel Legion member
  • Ace Pilot
    • Blue Leader's Universe
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2012, 01:49:01 PM »
Anomid appear in some comics, stories and role playing game books, and they also appear in Star Wars: The Old Republic.
Now that Halloween is coming and Halloween stores are opening up, I should have a much easier time finding severed finger decorations that I thought I could use for the extra thumbs. I've already found the perfect ears. :P

A Jabba would be neat, but I could see it being fairly hard to put together, and not to mention expensive. It would also be hard to move it around, especially if it was on a throne, because it would be so big. Wouldn't be able to get through many doors.
But it would be pretty cool.

If you ask me, I think we need a couple vehicles... Landspeeders or something. And some more droids. But I suppose that's for a different topic.

But you know what costume the Kashyyyk Base could really use, in my opinion? A C-3PO.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 01:52:01 PM by Blue Leader »

Offline bigtrev503

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2012, 10:51:15 AM »
No, I think more droids and vehicles would be awesome!

People make large elaborate costumes out of fairly inexpensive materials. If we put our heads together and built  Jabba in such a way that he was light, able to come apart for transportation, and made of cheap materials, we could be a cutting edge garrison. I love the idea of having that wow factor with a Jabba. I also like the idea of having more characters without needing people in them who might get tired or have to go to the bathroom. We could make Jabba work all day with no breaks!!

Also, of course, there'd have to be a slave Leia chained to him... wishful thinking, maybe.

Offline bigtrev503

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2012, 11:22:25 AM »

If you ask me, I think we need a couple vehicles... Landspeeders or something. And some more droids. But I suppose that's for a different topic.

But you know what costume the Kashyyyk Base could really use, in my opinion? A C-3PO.

What if we had a C-3PO with no one in it, in a seated position in the landspeeder??!! That would be epic! I'm not sure, but I think 3PO is the least comfortable star wars related costume one can wear. Then again, I haven't actually suited up in my TK yet, so I can't say.

Blue Leader; I am currently in the second year of a training program to be an interpreter for the Deaf. So you can imagine my surprise and glee to see that ASL exists in the SW universe!!!

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Anomid_sign_language

I can teach you some signs if you want. I'm sure it would add to the realism of that particular character.

Offline Blue Leader

• Rebel Legion member
  • Ace Pilot
    • Blue Leader's Universe
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2012, 02:20:23 PM »
Even a C-3PO decoration like that would be interesting.

But yeah, I've heard that the C-3PO costumes are pretty uncomfortable. Not to mention that they're expensive, time-consuming, and you have to be skinny as a rail to wear it because most molds are based on the costume Anthony Daniels wore.

I've had a couple years of sign language back in high school, though admittedly I don't remember much of it. Doing a few signs could be interesting I must admit, though Anomids had two thumbs on each hand, which is why most species (in the Star Wars universe) couldn't understand their sign language. Plus, most Anomids wore face masks with vocalizer units, so the problem of not having vocal chords is kind of taken care of right there.
I have a voice changer that I'll be using for the costume to give my voice a more metallic digitized sound.
Still, throwing in a few signs could be kind of interesting... See if anyone catches on.  :lol:

Offline Aysel

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2012, 04:31:04 PM »
the issue with big set pieces that keeps cropping up, is who would "own" them, were would they be stored, and transportation of the piece. I think if we stay with things that are smallish and easily moved that would be better. We have a large back drop that gets used, the droids are actually owned by folks and they come out to the troops that are good for droids and when the member can make it.

Offline bigtrev503

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2012, 08:36:48 PM »
Well, that would have to be incorporated into the design.  I was thinking something that could collapse or fold into a smaller package for storage and transport. I would kill for a life size Jabba though!!

Offline Luananeko

• Kashyyyk Base Reserve
  • The "Avatar Lady"...
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2012, 09:24:52 AM »
You could probably make Jabba easily transportable if you have an inflatable base that the rest of the costume is built on. As long as the rest of the costume was all soft parts (other than the eyes and maybe some mouth parts) then it should roll up pretty well when deflated.

Kim

--- Check out our "Unbreakable" E-11's and more! www.THGProps.com ---

Tags: