Author Topic: Why, hello there!  (Read 2503 times)

Offline tmorrow182

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Why, hello there!
« on: August 13, 2012, 01:42:05 AM »
Hey Cloud City Garrison, another newbie here with some comments and questions!

First off, let me say that what you and the rest of the 501st are doing is amazing and inspiring. I am greatly looking forward to trooping with each and every one of you, but that leads me to my questions. See, I don't own a suit yet and I am definitely making sure to do my research before putting forwards the dough for one (money isn't necessarily an issue but I'm looking for quality for the best offer). But here is what I would LIKE to do if possible:

Buy the best bucket I can get (I can't decide between ANH Stunt or ROTJ!!) and while I save money to buy the rest of the suit, make changes and tech additions to the helmet while simultaneously constructing my collection of accessories.
After I have the necessary pieces and construction done (and suitable finances) then I would like to get some quality armor (ABS Trimmed if possible).

Can anyone help me get started towards this goal? I would greatly appreciate any help and support I can get, I have always wanted to do this and now I'm aiming to take that first step!

Thanks all and once again, what you do is beyond amazing,

Trent

Offline Quick2

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Re: Why, hello there!
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2012, 01:46:38 PM »
Welcome Trent to Cloud City Garrison. Glad are following what we do with Oregon and 501st Legion and Charity. If you do not have any armor yet you can always help out as a spotter at a public event if we need extra help. I personally love the ANH stormtrooper armor with the stunt version Helmet.
 Thank you for you nice note.
Best,

Allan Quick
Exec. Officer
Allan Quick

Offline Hoot

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2012, 07:57:06 PM »
Trent,

Quote from: Obi-Wan Kenobi
You've taken your first step into a larger world.
Welcome. Sit down and make your self comfortable. As Allan, Quick2, our illustrious (sp?) XO has already started to help you on your way to being a Rebel target... I mean a Stormtrooper; don't be shy if you have other questions. We will try to answer them. However... don't ask about where the Death Star plans are.  You have to be 501st to get that information. :wink: :lol: :lol:
-Matthew

Ribann

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2012, 01:14:04 PM »
Welcome

I don't know if you have stumbled across this website, but it would be a good place to research your kit:

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/

As for kits, depending on your price range, there are a lot of options. I'd personally recommend Troopermaster armor because of the quality and accuracy. I hear good things about AP (Authentic Props). It really comes down to the size of your body. It's all about getting a correct "fit" for you.

There are quite a few TKs in our garrison that could help.

Offline Terrys

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2012, 02:44:33 PM »
http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=11538

This is the specific topic that is good to check out on the various makers. Gives a brief description and contact point. The site pretty much has all of the information you could ever want on the subject.

I highly recommend coming to a few of the events. It is always helpful to look at this stuff in person. There are a lot of variations in the assembly. The more you see, the better information you will have to plan your build to what suits you.

Offline tmorrow182

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2012, 03:27:32 PM »
Thanks everyone for your replies and I've been perusing FISD for about a month now looking for suggestions for armor-makers and I even contacted Trooper Gear for a price estimate but I figured until I have the funds for the WHOLE suit, I would start with a helmet and spend some time working on that until I have enough for the full setup.I'm most likely wrong, being new at this, but based on what I've been able to unearth, Trooper Gear's price of $650 for a Full Kit seems to be the best price I have found so far for what I've heard is quality armor. Anyone have any other suggestions or any other form of help for my situation? Being new, I'm open to any help I can get! haha and I definitely plan on checking out upcoming events for a better look at what I'm getting into!

Best regards,
Trent

Offline Mosi

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2012, 03:37:21 PM »
Have you snagged a quote from ATA? He's pretty reasonable with his ANH stunt kits, and I think you can pick from either ABS or styrene.
pew pew

Offline Katze

• 501st Legion Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2012, 07:46:13 PM »
Welcome!  We here at Kashyyyk Base love new targets... errr members to hang out and troop with.  I strongly recommend you join us for some of our troops... we can always use a good spotter, and it's a great way to get to know everyone before you put your blinders, err helmet on and depend on us face characters to make sure you don't bump into anyone.

Seriously, glad to have you join us, and I look forward to meeting you soon!
TR-52638
Janet

Offline OldTonyKenobi

• Kashyyyk Base Member
  • I'm Old Ben before he lost all the weight. haha
  • Awards Trooped 25+ times
    • tonys kingdom of comics
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards