Author Topic: bridgeport troop?  (Read 7854 times)

Offline darthbarber

bridgeport troop?
« on: February 12, 2012, 07:59:49 PM »
So my girl and I were at bridgeport for dinner Saturday night, we had time before our reservation so we walked over to the theater to check movie times. We saw a group of people trooping for episode 1. Does anyone know if these guys were 501st? They had spotters with ID lanyards and the whole bit. I will leave the story there till I find out.  :shock:
5150!!!

Offline stevo502

Re: bridgeport troop?
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2012, 07:37:37 AM »
I wasn't aware of any official 501st event at Bridgeport. We had two going - one at Lancaster Theater in Salem and one at East Port Plaza in Portland. Did anyone here set up an unannounced troop there?

Offline Quick2

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2012, 10:33:01 AM »
Have not heard a thing. Could it be Dark Empire or Merc?
Allan Quick

Offline fatlilryan

• First Name Michael
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2012, 11:52:06 AM »
What is "Dark Empire"?? Or "Merc"??
Ryan
"Two there should be; no more, no less. One to embody power, the other to crave it." - Darth Bane

Offline darthbarber

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2012, 02:48:32 PM »
OK, well let me tell you guys what we saw. We saw a Darth Vader in black slacks and turtle neck, and a black sheet around his neck, I am almost positive he had on dress shoes. Also a Jedi with a Kenner light saber, they had lots of people taking pictures with them tho I give them that. Now if these were people some of you guys know then hey it's cool and I did not post this as a slam in anyway at all, I would never make fun of anyone who would dress up as a Star Wars character to bring joy to anyone. I just had to laugh at the Vader he looked super funky to me. Maybe he was on his own and not with the group. But if this is a group that lets you troop in that kind of costume then were do I sign up at!? I got a walmart Jar Jar costume I'm dying to troop in!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:
P.S My girl and I have every electronic device known to man and the one day I tell her to leave them at home so we can have no interuptions I happen upon the best Vader ever and I can't get a picture with him!
5150!!!

Offline Volund Starfire

• Kashyyyk Base Member
  • Worst Day-Shift Manager Ever
  • Awards Trooped 10+ times
    • Jason's Facebook Page
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2012, 03:12:26 PM »
What is "Dark Empire"?? Or "Merc"??
Dark Empire is custom and canon Sith, Mercs is the Mandalorian Mercenary Costume CLub and are custom and canon Mandalorians.  Two other lettered costume clubs, just like 501st and RL.

It wasn't Dark Empire, they know better than to wear shoddy costumes.  I think it was some posers who were trying to reap the attention.

Offline Luananeko

• Kashyyyk Base Reserve
  • The "Avatar Lady"...
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2012, 03:27:49 PM »
Sounds like it might have been some employees that were dressing up for the occasion, or like Jason said, some folks that are otherwise unaffiliated with any group that just wanted to dress up and hang out where they were expecting people who like Star Wars to be. I highly doubt they generated any donations toward any charities in either case...

Kim

--- Check out our "Unbreakable" E-11's and more! www.THGProps.com ---

Offline fatlilryan

• First Name Michael
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2012, 05:14:35 PM »
Thanks for the info!
Ryan
"Two there should be; no more, no less. One to embody power, the other to crave it." - Darth Bane

Offline Daverian

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2012, 07:48:27 PM »
but why would they have lanyards?

Offline darthbarber

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2012, 08:36:12 PM »
I think you maybe right on with the employee thing, it may have been the dudes that work there just doing it for fun. But like I said guys I hope this did not come off as mean because I didn't mean it that way.
5150!!!

Offline Jabbasdead

« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2012, 09:45:08 PM »
maybe it was those Occupy Bespin protesters???

Offline fatlilryan

• First Name Michael
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2012, 10:37:34 PM »
maybe it was those Occupy Bespin protesters???

:lol:  :laugh:
Ryan

Offline Ilovesanddirt

« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2012, 08:35:49 PM »
I think it was some posers who were trying to reap the attention.

Careful Jason.  This is a public area and if in fact it was the workers they may have been asked my management to do what they can with what they can.  Or it could be a fan who just showed up because they like Star Wars.  Which is really why we are all here anyway.  :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Except Tony, he likes Star Trek. Or STAR TREK.

Offline Darkside

• Cloud City Retired
  • CB 3935 Kashyyyk or Bust!
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2012, 09:08:04 AM »
Whats Star Trek............................... :huh:

Offline OldTonyKenobi

• Kashyyyk Base Member
  • I'm Old Ben before he lost all the weight. haha
  • Awards Trooped 25+ times
    • tonys kingdom of comics
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2012, 11:47:28 AM »
I think it was some posers who were trying to reap the attention.

Careful Jason.  This is a public area and if in fact it was the workers they may have been asked my management to do what they can with what they can.  Or it could be a fan who just showed up because they like Star Wars.  Which is really why we are all here anyway.  :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Except Tony, he likes Star Trek. Or STAR TREK.
ahhhhhhhh, just go "LIVE LONG AND PROSPER AS THE FORCE IS WITH YOU, SO SAY WE ALL!",ROB..... :twisted: :wink: :mrgreen:.......OLD TONY KENOBI!!!!!!!!
"now that's a name I haven't heard in a long time"

Tags: