Author Topic: Brand New in PDX/Hillsboro  (Read 2927 times)

Offline Meltdown

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Brand New in PDX/Hillsboro
« on: November 05, 2011, 11:48:06 PM »
Hey all, I have been avidly reading about trooping and armor making for a few years now. I wanted to join up the minute I first heard about it, sadly, I was too young. I'm eighteen and in college now attending the Art Institute in Portland, so I plan on putting together my first set now. I also have two close friends that I work with who are planning to start with me. I'll try to get the pair of them on here soon to get involved. We plan on being TDs, so I figured this was a great place to ask around. We are looking to buy kits, so I was curious if anyone had any input to throw in on the best ways to go about acquiring Sandtrooper gear.

I don't think I'm in violation of anything here, if I am, terribly sorry, let me know!

Thanks for the help guys!  :smiley:

Oh, my name is Matt, by the by.

Offline The Kreator

• 501st Legion Member
  • TK/SL-8992
    • TK-8992
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Re: Brand New in PDX/Hillsboro
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2011, 05:32:46 AM »
Hello Matt,

Welcome to Cloud City!

We have several great Sandtroopers here, and many members who will be happy to help you out!  I've got a TD as well, just not officially approved (yet!)

I'm an alumni of the Art Institute of Seattle (2000) -- What major are you studying?  I'm curious about the Portland campus.  Back when I attended in Seattle, the various fields of study were quite different than they are now, especially since they only offered 2 year degrees back then.  And while I focused on video game art, it wasn't specifically about the games industry so much as 3D animation in general...  but of course that was when the N64 and PS1 were the top systems.  Ha!

Anyway, the best place for all your Sandtrooper needs is the Mos Eisley Police Department -- www.mepd.net   The official Sandtrooper Detachment forum!

Offline Aysel

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2011, 08:20:56 AM »
Welcome and Greetings from the Rebel Legion side of the house.

Offline Meltdown

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2011, 08:53:18 AM »
Kreator: I'm studying "Web Design and Interactive Media", and I'll be getting a BS. I'm only in my second term, but I love the campus and program so far, so I'm very excited for the next three years. And thanks, I've been sifting through the MEPD already, I just figured I would get the advice of all you local guys who I will hopefully be trooping with in the (relatively) near future.

Aysel: Hello and thank you.

Offline Quick2

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2011, 11:26:49 AM »
Welcome Matt to Cloud City Garrison.  The Sandtrooper is a great Costume. We look forward to your build and seeing you get involved with our group in the future.
Allan Quick

Offline OldTonyKenobi

• Kashyyyk Base Member
  • I'm Old Ben before he lost all the weight. haha
  • Awards Trooped 25+ times
    • tonys kingdom of comics
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2011, 12:25:47 PM »
Welcome Matt  :mrgreen: Old Tony Kenobi    XO Kashyyyk Base Rebel Legion :dancechewie: :dancechewie: :dancechewie:
"now that's a name I haven't heard in a long time"

Offline TurboCam92

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2011, 02:31:18 PM »
Hey Matt. I'm a full-time student too (PCC). One good thing you can do is come to troops and "spot" (make sure stormtroopers don't trip over little kids/get handled too much). You also get to meet some of the people in person, which is cool. There's a troop at the Coliseum on Sunday you should come to.

Offline Blue Leader

• Rebel Legion member
  • Ace Pilot
    • Blue Leader's Universe
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2011, 07:49:41 PM »
Greetings!
I went to the Art Institute of Portland for a year before I dropped out and switched to a different college. I just had some bad experiences over there with the instructors, but I wont get into that here. I don't want to ruin something someone else might enjoy.
I attended PCC for two years and now I'm at PSU. Back at AI I majored in game art & design, but I've since switched to majoring in theater arts. In fact, I'm sitting in the campus theater as I type this, waiting around during my prop shift.  :lol:

Good luck with your outfit... Even if you are planning on being a dirty old Imp. But than again, I suppose us Rebels do need some new targets... ;)
B-wing Pilot - Jedi[/center]

Offline TD-8821

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2011, 08:34:39 PM »
hello matt, hello and welcome! i am a td and member of the MEPD.(sandtroopers) i  would love to help you out in any way i can.i live in hillsboro so if you are close by we can get together and i can show you my gear and answere any questions you may have!
~rob td-8821
Look sir,droids!!!!
Rob...
TD-8821
CCG,MEPD officer,

Tags: