Author Topic: greetings and salutations from the newb in Salem  (Read 5979 times)

Offline Jimsidious

greetings and salutations from the newb in Salem
« on: November 02, 2011, 09:23:21 AM »
Hey all, just want to make a formal hello thread before I throw myself into the ranks, lol. some may know me... kinda, my wife to be (very soon infact  :P) and I have been to Tonys MAGNIFICENT shop of awesomeness a few times to see you all do your thing, thats when I knew I had to do what I could to try getting involved.
 So my ideas were since Im an avid snowboarder I wanted to do the arctic Fett, and then I ran into Jersh (we share pages on another board) we got to talking and he has very similar ideas, so my next option is my next fave being a snowtrooper. Ill figure it out but for the time being I have a wedding to attend to and a honeymoon  :lol: then the holidays!!!!  :shock: so Ill be lookin more towards the new year but untill then I will enjoy getting to know you all and the peeps Ive already made acquaintance with I will enjoy getting to know you all better  :grin:
cant wait to see you all saturday!!!!! thanks for helping out youre the best!!!!

Jimsidious (Jim)
Its not the east or the west side, (no its not)
Its not the north or the south side, (no its not)
Its the dark side... (you are correct)
You can't front the Empire
To all you Vader Haters out there...
We'll blow your planet up!

Offline Luananeko

• Kashyyyk Base Reserve
  • The "Avatar Lady"...
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Re: greetings and salutations from the newb in Salem
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2011, 10:25:21 AM »
Welcome! Snow troopers are definitely very awesome and wonderful for the cooler troops, but you might want to think about an alternate costume that you can wear for the summer troops without getting heat stroke. Either that or invest in some sort of in-armor AC unit. Talk to Mosi about how warm his kit is sometime ;)

Kim

--- Check out our "Unbreakable" E-11's and more! www.THGProps.com ---

Offline Jabbasdead

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2011, 11:03:46 AM »
Hey all, just want to make a formal hello thread before I throw myself into the ranks, lol. some may know me... kinda, my wife to be (very soon infact  :P) and I have been to Tonys MAGNIFICENT shop of awesomeness a few times to see you all do your thing, thats when I knew I had to do what I could to try getting involved.
 So my ideas were since Im an avid snowboarder I wanted to do the arctic Fett, and then I ran into Jersh (we share pages on another board) we got to talking and he has very similar ideas, so my next option is my next fave being a snowtrooper. Ill figure it out but for the time being I have a wedding to attend to and a honeymoon  :lol: then the holidays!!!!  :shock: so Ill be lookin more towards the new year but untill then I will enjoy getting to know you all and the peeps Ive already made acquaintance with I will enjoy getting to know you all better  :grin:
cant wait to see you all saturday!!!!! thanks for helping out youre the best!!!!

Jimsidious (Jim)

Welcome to the boards, I like the renaming of Tony's shop!

Offline OldTonyKenobi

• Kashyyyk Base Member
  • I'm Old Ben before he lost all the weight. haha
  • Awards Trooped 25+ times
    • tonys kingdom of comics
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2011, 11:40:32 AM »
Welcome Jim, glad you enjoy the shop. I was great meeting you guys. Hopefully will see you Sat, and CONGRATULATIONS!  :mrgreen:.........Old Tony Kenobi  XO Kashyyyk Base Rebel Legion
"now that's a name I haven't heard in a long time"

Offline Jimsidious

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2011, 08:03:40 PM »
ha ha, thanks guys and gals, well Ive got a few ideas for good summer stuff, maybe since I have a handle like jimsidious.... maybe I should try to "Palp" things up lol, be ol emp palpy.... just an idea, I know a guy thats pretty good with latex.... DAVID!!!!  :P we most certainly hope you can make the wedding Tony, it would be great to have you there.   :o

Offline Luananeko

• Kashyyyk Base Reserve
  • The "Avatar Lady"...
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2011, 09:26:32 AM »
Oooo, a Emperor would definitely be awesome! Especially if David's making the mask, his stuff is always amazing :)

Kim

Offline Yu-Kahn Fett

• My Star Wars Thread
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2011, 01:27:54 PM »
Welcome guy!

yeah man the merc costumes will be the shizzz. I'm down to get this thing done before the films come out in 3D next year!!!!!

Congrats again on the wedding, man.

-Jersh
Pfffft. I used to go to Toshi Station to pick up power converters before going to Toshi Station to pick up power converters was cool.

Offline Jimsidious

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2011, 01:43:59 PM »
yes Davids work is incredible, I think the sidious idea would be a great one, its some thing Ive been thinkin about a loooong time now lol. And thanks jersh!!! that would be awesome!!!!! to have our gear ready for the 3-D!!!! I cant believe its in Feb!!!! my big 40!!!

Offline Yu-Kahn Fett

• My Star Wars Thread
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2011, 04:18:55 PM »
WOOT! :lol:
Pfffft. I used to go to Toshi Station to pick up power converters before going to Toshi Station to pick up power converters was cool.

Offline The Kreator

• 501st Legion Member
  • TK/SL-8992
    • TK-8992
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2011, 05:53:27 PM »
Glad to see you on the boards and looking forward to the wedding reception on Saturday!

As for an Emperor costume, there's a fantastic silicone prosthetic already created by another member of the Sith Lord Detachment.  His price is unbeatable and the quality is fantastic.  Although, just like my Cecil prosthetic makeup, you're limited to 3-5 uses before it becomes too thick/sticky to use properly.  So while the initial investment on the face is reasonable, it's not one you can use frequently and is best for the bigger events or parades.  Of course, there are other methods for doing the face without a prosthetic, but can be difficult to get as accurate a look.

When you're ready to start working on a suit, let me know and I'm happy to help point you in the right direction!  Of course, the Sith Lord Detachment and Blizzard Force are two great sources of information!  www.501stSithLords.com and www.BlizzardForce.com

Offline Jimsidious

« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2011, 07:10:44 PM »
awesoooome!!! thanks David!!! I had a few tricks I wanted to talk to yous about but Ill be sure to hit up the sith lord detachment fo sho!!! see ya sat my man :wink:

Offline ceric

« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2011, 11:33:32 AM »
Congratulations Jimsidious, you've taken your first step into a larger galaxy...in more ways than one. It is your destiny. You know it to be true. Join us and together we can give smiles to everyone 8)

-Eric

Offline Yu-Kahn Fett

• My Star Wars Thread
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2011, 12:11:18 PM »
^^ awesome post is hecka awesome!

BTW, Jim. You are probably going to need an Imerial guard to ward off the ner-do-wells (sp)
I may have to be that guard as that is the image that has haunted me since childhood. Those damned Imp Guards!.

Anyone have any ideas on where to get started on it?
« Last Edit: November 04, 2011, 12:13:11 PM by Yu-Kahn Fett »

Offline Luananeko

• Kashyyyk Base Reserve
  • The "Avatar Lady"...
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2011, 12:39:18 PM »
I love the look of the imperial guards too, the only downside is that the helmet is REALLY stuffy unless you install some sort of in-armor AC or venting that pulls in air from behind you and pumps it down over your face. That's what the guards over in Florida use to make sure they can go outside and not get immediate heat stroke ;) The detachment boards are your best starting point: www.forcepike.net

Kim

Offline Yu-Kahn Fett

• My Star Wars Thread
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2011, 05:43:51 PM »
It is quite odd that there is a resource for every darn thing I could need to get set up.

You guys rock pretty hard  :evil:

Tags: