Author Topic: Greetings from PDX  (Read 3119 times)

Offline nasigosong

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Greetings from PDX
« on: October 24, 2011, 09:28:39 PM »
Ah I finally made it on the garrison board! I hope to become a member soon as a TK. soft parts are pretty much complete,  just waiting on the all important armor, and bucket.

thanks again ilovesanddirt aka Rob

Offline Mosi

Re: Greetings from PDX
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2011, 09:29:20 PM »
welcome! Who's kit are you going with?
pew pew

Offline Ilovesanddirt

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2011, 09:45:05 PM »
Ah I finally made it on the garrison board! I hope to become a member soon as a TK. soft parts are pretty much complete,  just waiting on the all important armor, and bucket.

thanks again ilovesanddirt aka Rob

My pleasure Bro!  Thanks for the patience and understanding.  Welcome aboard!

Offline nasigosong

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2011, 10:50:08 PM »

I was looking at the FISD forum and sifting through the threads on how to find armor makers. The first one I stumbled on was tupperwaretk who does AM so thats the one I went with. Later I find out that its made for larger troopers and a lot of mods may be required for it to fit me correctly (Im 5' 10" 145lb slim build). any tips on how to cut the armor to size nice and straight? x-acto knife scoring in one go or score it in sections and snap it off via pliers?

I will definitely be on here and the FISD to constantly pester the veterans about armor building once it arrives.

Offline Mosi

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2011, 11:16:22 PM »

I was looking at the FISD forum and sifting through the threads on how to find armor makers. The first one I stumbled on was tupperwaretk who does AM so thats the one I went with. Later I find out that its made for larger troopers and a lot of mods may be required for it to fit me correctly (Im 5' 10" 145lb slim build). any tips on how to cut the armor to size nice and straight? x-acto knife scoring in one go or score it in sections and snap it off via pliers?

I will definitely be on here and the FISD to constantly pester the veterans about armor building once it arrives.

My advise is to see if you can cancel the order if it hasn't shipped yet. If you have it already, then put it up for sale and buy a screen accurate kit since you are the perfect height and weight. You are going to have quite a challenge taking the AM in and making it look good. Plus their lid is oversized.. Not as bad as FX, but still off.
pew pew

Offline nasigosong

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2011, 01:06:25 PM »
What other armors would you suggest and from which builder? I am getting the bucket separately (trooperbay's MTK). If its as tough as you make it sound I would probably want to make a switch if tupperwaretk hasn't started on the armor. I would hate to stop him mid-production (especially having to buy materials).

Offline Mosi

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2011, 02:14:36 PM »
What other armors would you suggest and from which builder? I am getting the bucket separately (trooperbay's MTK). If its as tough as you make it sound I would probably want to make a switch if tupperwaretk hasn't started on the armor. I would hate to stop him mid-production (especially having to buy materials).

AP, ATA, TE2, TM, Moncal (FAC)
pew pew

Offline nasigosong

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2011, 04:23:23 PM »
sweet thanks!

I contacted AP says a run just ended so it may be another month.
 I think my AM on order is in production so its a bit late, and tupperwaretk has already been super helpful I would hate to mess with production. Also I would get it earlier, and if anything its a good learning experience so I can one day help other people.

if only I had known sooner...oh well.

Offline Mosi

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2011, 04:51:03 PM »
You know, it's probably not as big of a deal as you think. I had AWESOME communication with ATA and ended up backing out because I ended up not wanting to do the project (TK commander). I offered to give him a few bucks for his trouble and he refused because he always has a line out the door for his kits. Maybe offer tupperware a few bucks for his trouble? I'm sure he will understand.. besides, it's the right thing to do.
pew pew

Offline nasigosong

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2011, 09:10:13 PM »
I may give it a go. thanks for the advice. Its probably worth it in the long run, and less trouble for me.

Tags: