Author Topic: okay or not?  (Read 2012 times)

Offline anton-042

• 501st Legion Member
  • What could i hate more than the universe? My Self.
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
okay or not?
« on: May 29, 2011, 03:21:35 PM »
so is it fine if we go running around in our suits or is there rules to doing so? not so much trooping but more so bringing some the starwars culture to town. the tri-cities has nothing starwars related like the Vader suit i have of my friend Jake's suits. if so what are the restrictions. if not then hooray!^ ^. i just like seeing the peoples reactions a few months back at radcon. it brings me joy to make peoples day and take pics with them. :azn:
Wanna see me tempt fate? Could this day get any worse?

Offline Aysel

Re: okay or not?
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2011, 06:47:41 PM »
in the codex there are guide lines as to what cannot and should not do while in costume. I highly recommend reading it all

Offline Quick2

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2011, 08:37:05 PM »
so is it fine if we go running around in our suits or is there rules to doing so? not so much trooping but more so bringing some the starwars culture to town. the tri-cities has nothing starwars related like the Vader suit i have of my friend Jake's suits. if so what are the restrictions. if not then hooray!^ ^. i just like seeing the peoples reactions a few months back at radcon. it brings me joy to make peoples day and take pics with them. :azn:

I think you should contact Garrison Titan  http://garrisontitan.com/ They are the Washington State Garrison of the 501st and will be able to direct you to the do and do not's of Trooping.

Cloud City Garrison represents the state of Oregon.
Allan Quick

Offline SpitFireScout

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2011, 11:45:07 AM »
for me the most important thing whenever you wear the armor, planned event or not, is to maintain a proper code of conduct.

Walking down the street really blows people away and brings a unique Star Wars experience to an otherwise uneventful day.
It can also be great PR opportunity for the garrison, hand out business cards, let people know what we do for charity.
     If you're worried at all about it being a problem with the Legion (being out in armor, and not participating in a 'sanctioned' event), then don't affiliate yourself with the 501st during that time.   

I've done the walk abouts in town, get great responses from people and it's really fun to get to bring that to people for no reason at all, but always maintain a strong moral code, don't accept money from people, stay away from inappropriate photos, keep what you say to people clean, etc. 
   There is also a safety issue to consider if you walk about by yourself without a spotter who can keep people in check. You can't see everything going on, make sure your armor can take some abuse in case some punk gets out of hand (loose parts are a no no, make sure nothing can get pulled off), try to stay away from large crowds because the more people there are there chance for something getting out of hand grows, you don't want to be the trooper on youtube having a fist fight with some jerk.

This is just me talking, i haven't backed any of this up with the legion charter. I've helped out car washes with kids raising money to go to a camp: It was a sunny saturday so i suited up and walked down and offered my services (for free of course) It's a real privilege to get to help out so spontaneously and bring that to peoples days, but you do need to make sure if you do anything in the armor it isn't going to look bad for Lucas.

That's how i feel about that.   
Daniel Burgess TK5308<br /><br />Full Metal Scout; for honor, for glory, for extra rations!

Offline Daverian

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2011, 12:46:16 PM »
ditto...there needs to be a "like" button.

Tags: