Author Topic: Hello From Oregon.  (Read 6657 times)

Offline cogdill

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Hello From Oregon.
« on: January 07, 2011, 10:30:57 PM »
Hello cloud City 501st Garrison

Well for some Time I love Star wars. A love Strom Troopers and Clone Troopers and all that. So I got on-line a come across the 501st, Then I found the cloud City Garrison. I go by Cogdill. Due to I was Bron and spend all my Life on a military base so I never use my Frist Name only my Last name. I do Military reenactment's so I know the price of Good Gear, So I have not spend money on Armor for a Clone Trooper. I don't want to spend 1k on the Wrong Gear.

So I'm asking for Help on finding Gear and Armor. I play airsoft so i would want the armor be strong to take being hit form Airsoft bb's.

Right now I'm in Washington but I'm moving to Klamath Falls OR. So if you live around there plz send me a P.M.

Thank you for your Time.

Cogdill

If you want to know what reenactment I'm in to. There are ww2 German WH Heer. And Vietnam-Airsoft MiLSim Airsoft. And I'm getting in to Civil War.
For Lord Vader!!
 :deadhorse:

Offline Ilovesanddirt

Re: Hello From Oregon.
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2011, 10:36:32 PM »
Welcome To Oregon soon Cogdill!  We do have a Jedi in Klamath Falls so you won't be alone!  I leave it up to the right people to point you in the direction of armor and the like.  Again Welcome!

Offline cogdill

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2011, 10:41:22 PM »
Cool! Thanks, Well I guess I will be fighting a Jedi! Long Live the Legion!!
For Lord Vader!!

Offline Daverian

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2011, 05:12:54 AM »
hello and welcome. I would recommend ABS armor if you are going to be shooting anything at it. It is sturdier.

Offline Jabbasdead

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2011, 09:01:46 AM »
Welcome to the boards, and the Jedi you will be living near is an awesome trooper that started an event in KF's last year.  Have you signed up at the clonetroopers.net website yet?  Good reference material there for ALL the different clones available. There are two of us that are working on Clones this year, maybe an armor party at my house in Redmond is needed.

Offline cogdill

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2011, 02:04:41 PM »
No Sir Jabbasdead... :huh: I have not Sign up on the Clone Trooper Wed site.

About the Armor, I found some guy on E-bay he says some of the 501st guys use his Armor, So I was talking with him the armor he makes is ABS and is about $700 So I guess I would have Two set's. A walking around set and a Fighting set!

I send him a message and this is what I got back.

The armor will take a shot easily and will be able to withstand moderate running. I dont suggest falling in it or sitting in it as it will put strain on it and eventually crack some parts

- vacuum_dis!

And here's a Link of it.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250751108612&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123

For Lord Vader!!

Offline Daverian

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2011, 02:15:02 PM »
I just received my armor from VT. It is thinner ABS than I was expecting, but very nice! I am going to work on it today.

Offline cogdill

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2011, 02:26:37 PM »
Ok Cool! So his armor is Good! Sweet!!!
For Lord Vader!!

Offline TD-8821

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2011, 02:59:43 PM »
hello and welcome
Look sir,droids!!!!
Rob...
TD-8821
CCG,MEPD officer,

Offline cogdill

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2011, 03:33:07 PM »
Thanks!

I'm guess I going to spend some hours looking at all of the old post's.  :D there's lot of Info Here!!!!!!
For Lord Vader!!

Offline OldTonyKenobi

• Kashyyyk Base Member
  • I'm Old Ben before he lost all the weight. haha
  • Awards Trooped 25+ times
    • tonys kingdom of comics
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2011, 03:52:10 PM »
Welcome from the Rebel Legion side Cogdill.....................................ol tony kenobi
"now that's a name I haven't heard in a long time"

Offline cogdill

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2011, 05:26:09 PM »
thank you...Rebel Scum! J/K
For Lord Vader!!

Offline Quick2

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2011, 09:50:25 AM »
Cogdill Welcome to CCG. Will you be interested in joining the 501st Legion? There are many places you can get armor and prices will vary. ABS is very strong. Have you registered at the FISD (First Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment)? They may be able to help you on what to get.   I am glad you are interested. 

Allan
Commanding Officer
Cloud City Garrison
Allan Quick

Offline cogdill

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2011, 02:18:31 PM »
Sir CCG is the only group I have registered with, I look at 501st, And it says I have to have a Set of Armor first.  :huh: So I guess i will have to wait on that. And as for the FISD. I didn't know about that place.. I'm a Very New at this. :oops:
For Lord Vader!!

Offline Jabbasdead

« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2011, 02:20:41 PM »
Sir CCG is the only group I have registered with, I look at 501st, And it says I have to have a Set of Armor first.  :huh: So I guess i will have to wait on that. And as for the FISD. I didn't know about that place.. I'm a Very New at this. :oops:

don't sweat it- we will get you pointed in the right direction.  You would join the 501st through us anyways, ideally. You are doing fine.

Tags: