Author Topic: Minor wondering if there is anything to do.  (Read 2703 times)

Offline Re1ndeer

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Minor wondering if there is anything to do.
« on: July 16, 2010, 01:50:59 AM »
Hello, My name is Markus and I am interested about the 501st. I am a minor, so I know that already eliminates any official membership stuff. But, I am curious if It would be a good idea to start collecting a costume or if there is anything else to do that would get me involved.

I don't have any costumes at this moment. Well, I kind of do, but it is one of those cheap foam costumes. So I don't think it really counts. I would like to have a costume of a Imperial Officer or a ISB agent(?).

Thank you for taking the time to read my post and any reply would be appreciated,

Markus

Offline Darth Mobius

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Re: Minor wondering if there is anything to do.
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2010, 06:45:33 AM »
Most costumes take a while to put together and do right so no one will tell you not to start working on a costume. How old are you? You may be able to contribute to the garrison by spotting or something along those lines. Remember, all good things to those who wait.

Offline Mosi

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2010, 07:18:41 AM »
The 501st just launched a new underaged group called the Galactic Academy. They have age groups to make it all neat and tidy. Check it out at http://www.galactic-academy.com/
pew pew

Offline Re1ndeer

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2010, 12:58:32 PM »
The 501st just launched a new underaged group called the Galactic Academy. They have age groups to make it all neat and tidy. Check it out at http://www.galactic-academy.com/

Thanks for the Heads up. I will check it out.

How old are you? You may be able to contribute to the garrison by spotting or something along those lines. Remember, all good things to those who wait.

I am about to turn 15 years old. What is Spotting?

Offline Darth Mobius

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2010, 01:15:56 PM »
Spotters are the plainclothes guys with the costumed folks that work crowd control and keep overexcited fans at arms reach. They also arrange photos and stuff.

I think Mosi's info is going to be all you need

Offline Re1ndeer

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2010, 02:29:16 PM »
Spotting sounds interesting. But, I am getting the feeling I am going to have to wait. Too bad, the Galactic Academy is a little less on a events. I was really interested in the events. Thanks for the replies.

On a separate note, Is there anywhere good to get officer boots for a ISB Agent?

Offline Quick2

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2010, 02:53:11 PM »
Spotting sounds interesting. But, I am getting the feeling I am going to have to wait. Too bad, the Galactic Academy is a little less on a events. I was really interested in the events. Thanks for the replies.

On a separate note, Is there anywhere good to get officer boots for a ISB Agent?

Markus, Thank you for your interest. That is a good idea to wait. that way you can save you money and etc... I would not worry about coming out to spot since you would have to be with a parent or guardian. 
Allan Quick

Tags: