Author Topic: The Santa Scout progress  (Read 3950 times)

Offline Jabbasdead

The Santa Scout progress
« on: August 18, 2009, 03:41:37 PM »
As some of you know I am building a biker scout with a Xmas theme. The armor will be painted a hot rod red, maybe candied if price is reasonable. The flight suit is red and the cummberbun is made from the same red velor (sp)?) that they use in the deluxe santa suits. The boots were remade with a black vinyl instead of white and they are topped with the white fun fur. I used the same template I used to make my white one's.

I am still looking for a helmet to modify, Nick mentioned a possibilty at the picnic. X's fingers

The Santa scout will be in the San Jose and Oakland Holiday parades in California (which I invited Cloud City Garrison) and I am working on a library reading also in December but here in Oregon. Whew!

Now, off to pack for California to see my father that just had triple bypass surgery.

Offline tavrikgannon

• The "International" 48 Hours of Bill
  • Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Re: The Santa Scout progress
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2009, 10:29:49 AM »
That sounds like an awesome build.... I have an old crap set of tk armor (needing to replace some parts, though) that I would like to convert into something for a holiday.... I am thinking green for St Paddy's Day!  :mrgreen:

- Bill
"In for a micron, in for a meter. No one makes a victim of folks I'm sworn to protect."

- Corran Horn

Offline Jabbasdead

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2009, 11:21:51 AM »
not a rental car within 80 miles from where I live, all booked. Looks like I have to take the train both ways.

Offline SpitFireScout

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2009, 01:42:46 PM »
lol. i love it!
Daniel Burgess TK5308<br /><br />Full Metal Scout; for honor, for glory, for extra rations!

Offline Jabbasdead

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2009, 08:01:22 PM »
still looking for the helmet....

Offline TD-8821

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2009, 08:31:19 PM »
Rolph, i have been looking when i can but still looking to find a helmet for you..
Look sir,droids!!!!
Rob...
TD-8821
CCG,MEPD officer,

Offline Jabbasdead

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2009, 10:06:52 PM »
thanks, I thought I found on in California but it is in too good of shape so still looking.

Offline tavrikgannon

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2009, 09:51:06 AM »
Rolph, i have been looking when i can but still looking to find a helmet for you..

Rolph??? What is he a piano-playing muppet?  :lol:

Sorry.... I couldn't pass it up!

- Bill
"In for a micron, in for a meter. No one makes a victim of folks I'm sworn to protect."

- Corran Horn

Offline Jabbasdead

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2009, 02:00:53 PM »
Well, heading back to Oregon on the train with the kids going to spend the next 2 weeks finishing the costume now that the trip to California is over.

Offline tavrikgannon

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2009, 02:39:43 PM »
I'm liking this Santa Scout concept. Like I said, I definitely want to do a St Patty's Day TK trooper. I've wanted to do it for a long time, now. I'd really love to get it done for this upcoming year. I looked at my parted out set, yesterday, and I think it will be easier just to buy a new set than try to replace all these parts. Just need to find a cheap enough set... that is when I have spare money for such a thing.

But first thing's first.... finish the Mando (which includes repairing the rangefinder stalk that broke in a couple of pieces last sunday) and make it 100% approved for the Mercs. Then there are the binders and the jail that need to be constructed for the Jail and Bail fundraiser at OryCon.

Trying to do all of this with limited income proves more difficult with each passing day.

Where there is a will, there is a way, right?

-Bill

- Corran Horn

Offline Jabbasdead

« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2009, 07:42:10 PM »
I am working on some binders that you can use for the jail, should have about 3 pairs done by then.

Shot my pictures for my trading card, disregard the background it has not been photoshopped yet.

So the 3 projects left are the Santa scout, Mando, and the E web. Tomorrow I will be painting the scout belt and a couple of parts from the E web. Once everything is done I will be posting tutorials so if anyone wants to make them they can.

Drago Seron

« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2009, 08:12:36 PM »
I like your scout Jabba. As for your Santa Scout....I'm looking forward to some pics when it's done. Same with your mando set.

Offline tavrikgannon

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2009, 08:03:15 AM »
Thanks for the offer of the binders, Ralph. With that, we will be having binders coming out of our ears!

I just passed off some 3 inch pvc pipe to Rick on Saturday, to have him cut up for me so I can assemble the binders.

I agree with Drago, can't wait to see the finished projects, man!

- Bill

- Corran Horn

Tags: