Author Topic: I'm New and Looking to get started  (Read 6389 times)

Arcturis

I'm New and Looking to get started
« on: August 10, 2009, 11:35:53 AM »
Hi guys,
My name is Austin Summerlin, I live in Beaverton and I'm interested in getting involved with your volunteer efforts and building/buying an EP2 Clone armor.  Thought that I would introduce myself and I am looking forward to getting to know all of you.
Thanks,
Austin

Offline Jabbasdead

Re: I'm New and Looking to get started
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2009, 11:41:15 AM »
Welcome Austin, you have come to the right place. If you are available Saturday we are getting together for a potluck picnic you might be able to meet a clone or t20 there.

Offline Sithman

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2009, 01:21:56 PM »
Welcome to the boards austin!Like Jabbasdead was saying we're having a picnic on saturday which would make for a good time to introduce yourself to the troops.As for a clone set,did you have an exact idea what style of EP2 you wanted to make?
Nick
"Welcome to Cloud City!A safe place to hide from the Empire...."

"..Unless of course I turn you in!"

Arcturis

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2009, 01:25:36 PM »
unfortunately i'm going to be in Seattle this weekend otherwise i would love to attend the picnic.  I've always been partial to the Standard Clone Trooper armor from EP2.

Offline Sithman

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2009, 02:06:58 PM »
Oh well,enjoy seattle!

Ya know,the standard EP2 is pretty cool.Everytime I look at that helmet,I can't help but think of the rocketeer! :lol:
Along with talking to the clone troopers in our garrison,I'd recommend you also take a look at this site as an extra form of research.It's the 501st clone troopers detachment where they do nothing but talk about EP2,EP3 and all the variants of clone armor.
Nick
"Welcome to Cloud City!A safe place to hide from the Empire...."

"..Unless of course I turn you in!"

Arcturis

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2009, 02:24:17 PM »
I've visited the Clone Trooper detachment website and they seem to be quite strict about the way that things are done there.

Offline Hoot

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2009, 03:58:20 PM »
Arcturis,

As a fellow want to be, welcome to the forums.  8) 8) 8)
« Last Edit: August 10, 2009, 05:36:28 PM by Oomar Galor »
-Matthew

Offline Jabbasdead

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2009, 05:34:51 PM »
I've visited the Clone Trooper detachment website and they seem to be quite strict about the way that things are done there.

All I recomend in regards to the clone troopers boards is do not start with "where can I buy armor". If you can avoid that question they are pretty harmless.  Where are you in the development of your suit?

Offline TD-8821

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2009, 06:55:58 PM »
Hello and Welcome!
Look sir,droids!!!!
Rob...
TD-8821
CCG,MEPD officer,

Arcturis

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2009, 10:07:16 PM »
I really have nothing so far.  I've just wanted to do this for about a year now, ever since i saw you guys at a book signing at Powell's in Beaverton. Figured that now is the perfect time to start.

Offline Jabbasdead

« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2009, 10:35:01 PM »
Well let us know what you need when your ready.

Arcturis

« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2009, 10:54:41 PM »
first thing that i definitely want to do is my helmet.

Offline tavrikgannon

• The "International" 48 Hours of Bill
  • Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2009, 10:04:14 AM »
Welcome, Austin. CTN may be strict, but really no more than any other 501st forum, I should think. It is just those taboo questions that they frown upon. The best thing you can do is simply lurk their forums and soak up as much information as you possibly can.

When you have grasped an idea of how things work around the forum ask very specific questions about costume detail and I think they will be more open to you. Of course, it helps putting yourself out there, too. Get to know them and vice-versa.

Good luck. Glad to have you here!

-Bill
"In for a micron, in for a meter. No one makes a victim of folks I'm sworn to protect."

- Corran Horn

Offline Jabbasdead

« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2009, 11:20:13 AM »
Bill said lurk, that's kind of creepy  :lol:... Really, most of the detachments have a look here before posting section, they just hate answering the same question 25 times a week is all  :wink:.

Offline tavrikgannon

• The "International" 48 Hours of Bill
  • Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2009, 11:53:42 AM »
Ralph said creepy.... but do it anyway, until you are more comfortable with engaging in conversation with other forum members.

- Bill
"In for a micron, in for a meter. No one makes a victim of folks I'm sworn to protect."

- Corran Horn

Tags: