Author Topic: It's Tatooine time in Oregon!  (Read 7669 times)

Offline Ilovesanddirt

Re: It's Tatooine time in Oregon!
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2009, 10:11:18 AM »
I've been taking more showers
- Bill

You heard it here first folks!  It's about time!  :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Offline tavrikgannon

• The "International" 48 Hours of Bill
  • Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2009, 10:37:34 AM »
*sigh* leave it to the heat-fried sandie to read something that isn't there.   :roll:

- Bill
"In for a micron, in for a meter. No one makes a victim of folks I'm sworn to protect."

- Corran Horn

Offline guyactor

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2009, 11:07:12 AM »
....it's a joke. :shock:

People feel comfortable with those who post a lot and give a lot of topical input. You do, Bill. Thus, the jesting..... It's a socially acceptable compliment.  8)

Plus - it's still too hot......
« Last Edit: July 30, 2009, 11:08:48 AM by guyactor »

Offline Jabbasdead

« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2009, 11:16:51 AM »
All I know is that I am loving it. Talked to my Mom back in Salinas, California and they have been stuck in Fog hell for 2 weeks with highs around 60.  No thank you, I take the heat and the kids and go find a River to cool down in.

Offline tavrikgannon

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2009, 11:48:08 AM »
Ahh, Salinas..... such a nice little town. I was there a few years ago, rolling through town.

....it's a joke. :shock:

People feel comfortable with those who post a lot and give a lot of topical input. You do, Bill. Thus, the jesting..... It's a socially acceptable compliment.  8)

Plus - it's still too hot......

Of course it was a joke. Yet another one at my expense that I just didn't find as funny as Rob thought it was. Not a big deal. I'm not offended. As you pointed out, I post alot and I jest, too, so it is all gravy.

- Bill
"In for a micron, in for a meter. No one makes a victim of folks I'm sworn to protect."

- Corran Horn

Offline OldTonyKenobi

• Kashyyyk Base Member
  • I'm Old Ben before he lost all the weight. haha
  • Awards Trooped 25+ times
    • tonys kingdom of comics
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2009, 12:25:13 PM »
Bill, its a fact, you do stink :P. several of us were victims to it as we witnessed it :cry: during "THE BEST DAY EVER PT I". you even tried to frame me for it. but in this case i dont think all the showers in the world will help :lol:. i really believe that you had ingested something horrible intentionally for that mini weapons attack. if its a new mando weapon, candider it a successful test run :lol:.......old tony kenobi :mrgreen:
« Last Edit: July 30, 2009, 12:36:12 PM by OldTonyKenobi »
"now that's a name I haven't heard in a long time"

Offline tavrikgannon

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2009, 12:29:36 PM »
Dear people of Cloud City Garrison:

I have no idea to what Old Tony is talking about. I think the heat is getting to his brain.  :mrgreen:

-Bill

- Corran Horn

Offline stuntmanmike

• Cloud City Retired
  • "Go get your ride, take her back to base"
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2009, 01:52:32 PM »
Me and my wife couldn't stand it any more so we headed out to her parents house on the coast...muuuch better :mrgreen:. Plus it's only supposed to be about 75 on saturday for the Seaside troop.
James

Offline Jabbasdead

« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2009, 01:55:10 PM »
its not that bad right now 101* in the shade with a 1/4 mph breeze....

Offline grumpydevil

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2009, 02:14:27 PM »
Oh, man! T'Igor and I were in Newport this past weekend and it was a fantastic 63 degrees. [meeeemorieeeessss]  :P

-Kyle
"The EVO troopers were one of the Empire's most specialized stormtroopers."

Offline Trumby

« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2009, 04:12:35 PM »
I am so glad it is cooling down. I work in a place where we pump air in straight from the roof so it is super freaking hot in there until like 2am lately. The other day, the guys on swing shift were telling me it got all the way up to 120 degrees inside our grinding booths..that is crazy o.o

Offline Cooter Davis

• TI-7852
  • Cloud City Retired
  • Taking a Nap.
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2009, 04:30:47 PM »
Bill, its a fact, you do stink :P. several of us were victims to it as we witnessed it :cry: during "THE BEST DAY EVER PT I". you even tried to frame me for it. but in this case i dont think all the showers in the world will help :lol:. i really believe that you had ingested something horrible intentionally for that mini weapons attack. if its a new mando weapon, candider it a successful test run :lol:.......old tony kenobi :mrgreen:

It's true. I was also present at this biological attack.....

I have no idea to what Old Tony is talking about. I think the heat is getting to his brain.  :mrgreen:

-Bill

Sure Bill Sure......
Is a Ka no Kata, with a Zenpo Gari, from the Hoko No Kami position an acceptable defense against a zombie attack?

Offline Volund Starfire

• Kashyyyk Base Member
  • Worst Day-Shift Manager Ever
  • Awards Trooped 10+ times
    • Jason's Facebook Page
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2009, 05:56:47 PM »
Well, he doesn't smell like a wookiee at least.

As for the H20 part, you are both correct.  Alcohol is the worst possible thing to drink when it is hot as alcohol is thinner than water and thins the blood rather than rehydrating it.  Coffee is water, so to is tea (I prefer iced tea to the yucky water).  The caffeine is a diuretic, but it only forces the body to expel wastes more quickly rather than allowing them to remain in.  It is not the best thing, but it is also not unhealthy as long as you throw in some water.

Oh, and gatorade is great but be sure to either water it down or drink 3:1 water otherwise the salt will make you swell like a Gamorean.

Offline Jabbasdead

« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2009, 05:57:09 PM »
uh, its raining WTF...

Offline tavrikgannon

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: July 31, 2009, 09:19:29 AM »

It's true. I was also present at this biological attack.....

-Bill

Sure Bill Sure......

You see that, people, both Tony's are in collusion together, trying to smear my good name!  :mrgreen:

- Bill

- Corran Horn

Tags: