Author Topic: The wonders of the local Wookiee never cease....  (Read 5503 times)

Offline tavrikgannon

• The "International" 48 Hours of Bill
  • Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Re: The wonders of the local Wookiee never cease....
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2009, 08:10:34 AM »
that is sweet looking, Rick you da man! now I just gotta get the vest thingie done to my exact standards (btw what is that part going to be called? "vest thingie" is just too long)

Uhh, simply called: the vest!  :mrgreen:

I am ready to mount the armor. I am just needing the vest so that I can line up the back and torso pieces. Let me know when you get it done and I will come down there and pick it up.

Are you feeling any better?

- Bill
"In for a micron, in for a meter. No one makes a victim of folks I'm sworn to protect."

- Corran Horn

Offline Volund Starfire

• Kashyyyk Base Member
  • Worst Day-Shift Manager Ever
  • Awards Trooped 10+ times
    • Jason's Facebook Page
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2009, 08:38:15 AM »
Darth Revan? That would be a lame costume that only silly people would wear.....   :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Yeah after all it does have a stargate.........?
But, uh, where exactly is the Stargate located?  That's the scary part.

Offline tavrikgannon

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2009, 08:44:21 AM »
It is strategically placed for those who suffer..... buckle envy, yeah, that's it!

- Bill
"In for a micron, in for a meter. No one makes a victim of folks I'm sworn to protect."

- Corran Horn

Drago Seron

« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2009, 01:47:09 AM »
It's looking great Bill. The wookie does great work. I may have to work with him on my second version. As the local Merc rep, it will be great having you in our ranks.

Offline tavrikgannon

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2009, 08:00:00 AM »
Thanks, buddy.... I am getting there. Here are some more pics taken with my cellphone. Kindly ignore the mess on my work table.

I still need to do some more weathering and other light detail work to these.

These are just primed. I'm still needing to paint them. I will here over the course of the weekend, I think. It occurred to me that I should really apply some bondo to hide those seam lines... You may be wondering what that windowed box is on the left gaunt (right side of the pic). That would be where I will having my cell phone strategically placed. Hey, even a Mando had to take a comm call, from time to time!

The rifle was painted by Rick. It got a little scuffed up on the way home, so I had to add a little more weathering to the barrel.

What can I said, the local Wookiee does amazing work!

- Bill
« Last Edit: March 26, 2009, 08:50:43 AM by tavrikgannon »

- Corran Horn

Drago Seron

« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2009, 03:51:56 PM »
Sweet gaunts. I will have to work with the Wookie now. I'll be needing a new set of gaunts.

Offline tavrikgannon

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2009, 09:06:50 AM »
Thanks, Darrin.

I ran into a bit of a snag, last night. With the help of my roommate, I was getting all of the lower leg armor situated, when it turned out I was a half yard short on the elastic needed for mounting the armor pieces! [face_angry]

So, I will have to go over to Joann's again and get more elastic. The kicker of it is, I was short on elastic for the blasted knee parts!

In other news, I did add some bondo to hide the seam lines on the left gauntlet.

More to come soon....

- Bill

- Corran Horn

Offline Aysel

« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2009, 07:09:30 PM »
hey bill if you haven't already gone I have some coupons for JoAnn's that you can have

Offline tavrikgannon

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2009, 01:28:47 AM »
Thanks for the offer... already got it handled, though. And thanks for making the vest for me!

- Bill

- Corran Horn

Tags: